Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
lol Brady and DeSantis are bros

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/24/us/politics/tom-brady-ron-desantis.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1584692373925552128?t=PqX2Qr5CKrq1xgOVkRpHZg&s=19

Posting in both

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Smart move

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Kinda surprised the Jags are taking away Robinson as he's a nice contrast to Etienne, but with the latter playing well I guess it's worth flipping him for a pick.

Smart move by the Jets.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just trying to slowly repair all the damage Urban Meyer did

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Good move for both teams. Etienne is good and they need all the picks to build around Lawrence

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

Just trying to slowly repair all the damage Urban Meyer did
Trading starters away for 6th round picks is a Trent Baalke thing and the Jaguars are worse because of it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Welp, I had been reasonably optimistic on the year, but this performance tonight pretty much ends that

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Jones is like I got benched for this trash??

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Belichick doesn't know what the gently caress without Brady lol, he was always just rear end in a top hat Wade Philips.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Wade Philips getting Brady and winning 6 Super Bowls happened in a better timeline.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sunday Morning posted:

Wade Philips getting Brady and winning 6 Super Bowls happened in a better timeline.

For….who

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
For the Buffalo Bills

Tom Brady somehow saves Philips's job in 2000

Don't ask me how I'm not from that timeline

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Breer on the CMC trade. Interesting part is San Fran was proposing licks assuming they will be drafting at14th, and the panthers based it on the niners drafting at 32nd.

quote:

Here's more on how, and why, the McCaffrey trade went down like it did …

• The 49ers were the first team to call, on Friday, Oct. 14, when they made their first offer. The Bills checked in later on that day, too. At that point, the Panthers told San Francisco, Buffalo and other teams that would subsequently call, that a first-rounder alone might get it done, and that a first-rounder and a later pick would get it done.

• Last Monday, GM Scott Fitterer pulled McCaffrey aside to give him the landscape, tell him that he planned to listen to offers and also that he’d be comfortable hanging on to him. The talk lasted about five minutes, and McCaffrey told Fitterer that he appreciated the heads-up.

• More calls poured in Tuesday, with some teams just fishing—offering a third-rounder or a fourth-rounder to see whether a discount was in the offing. The Broncos and Eagles were among those teams (both have GMs who like to investigate pretty much everything). The day clarified who was really in and who wasn’t.

• In the interim, Fitterer, in conjunction with owner David Tepper, assistant GM Dan Morgan and cap chief Samir Suleiman, huddled to come up with a blueprint for what they wanted out of a deal, and the first-round value was central to that, in giving the team a piece of capital it could use to get a quarterback and augment the existing young core.

• By Thursday, the 49ers and Rams had emerged as leaders, but neither had a first-rounder in 2023, which would force those two to be creative and find a way to generate a return that would satisfy the Panthers.

• Coming to the final price required compromise. The Panthers’ initial proposal used the draft value chart by slotting the 49ers’ pick in each round as the 32nd pick. Conversely, San Francisco was using the chart with its picks slotted 14th, which is around where it is now (with the team 3–3 heading into Week 7). Obviously, that created disparate proposals. So they found a middle ground in the 20s.

• That’s how the Panthers and 49ers came to the final deal—second-, third- and fourth-rounders in 2023 and a fifth-rounder in ’24. In the end, the tiebreaker between the 49ers’ and Rams’ offers was the fact that the Rams didn’t have a fourth-rounder in ’23. That one’s gone, thanks to last year’s Sony Michel trade. And the final point value of the package, as the 49ers and Panthers calculated it, wound up between 31 and 34 (very low first- and very high second-round picks).

• The Rams’ final offer: second- and third-rounders in 2023, fourth- and fifth-rounders in ’24 and Cam Akers. The Bills were also in it until the end—sort of. Buffalo called early, as we said, and kept tabs on the situation throughout, which was easy enough with the strong ties between the Bills’ and Panthers’ front offices. In the end, the asking price never came down to the point where Buffalo was compelled to make a hard offer.

• The 49ers are now without their slotted picks in the first four rounds of the 2023 draft. But they have one third-round comp pick coming in April for Mike McDaniel’s hire in Miami and comp picks for the hires of Robert Saleh by the Jets and Martin Mayhew by the Commanders. And they should have later comp picks coming for a couple of departed ’22 free agents, too.

• Obviously, the 49ers’ connections here made them comfortable. And they run deep. John Lynch and Ed McCaffrey were teammates at Stanford in 1989 and ’90 and, at one point in that second year, hooked up for a long connection in a game when Lynch was still playing quarterback. And Lynch’s nephew actually plays for Ed McCaffrey at Northern Colorado.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Isint it week 8 now?

MODS?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

davecrazy posted:

Isint it week 8 now?

MODS?!

You're right: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4015693