Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

russ is gonna be coming up under center like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI6uYJrIqaw

LMAO "And doctors now believe that's the wrong video."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

burns or moore?

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1582349074766127110?s=20&t=0jpFXVCuXSV2pjgeApzRQQ

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
That's sure a hell of an offseason.

https://twitter.com/KBeckEagles/status/1582119546520932354?s=20&t=O09h13lOMS5vjn30UHBGpg

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Frank Clark is in his 3rd straight year of leading the league in number of snaps per pressure created so hopefully Burns

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Sorry to disagree with you all but I am going to enjoy the hell out of Bears vs Patriots.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I hope it's DJ Moore because I want the Chiefs to score a lot. From a roster construction standpoint Burns makes infinitely more sense.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Zappy Mania

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This season has been really weird huh

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Sorry to disagree with you all but I am going to enjoy the hell out of Bears vs Patriots.

is this legal??

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Please, God. I don't ask for much. But please give Geno a single (1) MVP vote. It'd be so goddamn funny.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1582373629735497729?s=20&t=sZoeypI3GrtbG6y2qyyUAw

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Titans are going to build a 2.1 Billion dollar stadium when their first one is only 20'ish years old.

The new one is going to have 'a translucent roof'. Can you say 'magnifying glass on ants'?
Secondly it will have a capacity of 'UP TO' 60k.

2.1 billion for only 60,000, MAYBE? The place better have individual lazy-e-boys as seating or some poo poo, lol.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tom Brady is a system QB.jpg

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

drat. Guess the whole slow processor talking point was true.

https://twitter.com/bburkeESPN/status/1582377790082465792

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

drat. Guess the whole slow processor talking point was true.

https://twitter.com/bburkeESPN/status/1582377790082465792

Yes, Fields has plenty of time from his world-famous offensive line to scan the field leisurely.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Big Beef City posted:

Titans are going to build a 2.1 Billion dollar stadium when their first one is only 20'ish years old.

The new one is going to have 'a translucent roof'. Can you say 'magnifying glass on ants'?

2.1 billion for only 60,000, MAYBE? The place better have individual lazy-e-boys as seating or some poo poo, lol.

City governments at this point only exist to pay cops and make developers rich

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean I've watched a few Bears games and usually Fields is fleeing the pocket from an unblocked dude up the A-gap and then he eats poo poo after a few seconds of fleeing for his life.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

I mean I've watched a few Bears games and usually Fields is fleeing the pocket from an unblocked dude up the A-gap and then he eats poo poo after a few seconds of fleeing for his life.

You gonna trust your lying eyes or the judgement of minimum wage interns watching bears football clockwork orange style in the analytics sweatshop?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

tbf that stadium in nashville is a complete poo poo hole but this is clearly a scam

it's also another example of the whale-i-fication of the US economy as a whole. Fewer people paying absurdly more, but getting "an experience" or whatever. can't wait for my bespoke nashville hot chicken

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Why not both? We will give you a 2nd rounder

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Salary cap is fake and all that but this is incredible work by Loomis.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/1582385080290672640?s=20&t=8xd6JxFgfz9aQgZIlBYTKw

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1582386730434379776?s=20&t=8xd6JxFgfz9aQgZIlBYTKw

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1582388280129368065?s=20&t=8xd6JxFgfz9aQgZIlBYTKw

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

tbf that stadium in nashville is a complete poo poo hole but this is clearly a scam

it's also another example of the whale-i-fication of the US economy as a whole. Fewer people paying absurdly more, but getting "an experience" or whatever. can't wait for my bespoke nashville hot chicken

I mean, in relatively small-city Green Bay WI, Lambeau, built in 1957, seats 81,000+
What a rip off for Nashville.

e: and despite being almost 70, you don't hear them asking for a new one, and it's still got loving benches for God's sake.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 18, 2022

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Eagles fans were calling for his head for forever not knowing how good they had it

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Big Beef City posted:

I mean, in relatively small-city Green Bay WI, Lambeau, built in 1957, seats 81,000+
What a rip off for Nashville.

e: and despite being almost 70, you don't hear them asking for a new one, and it's still got loving benches for God's sake.

Partly that's because Green Bay as a franchise has the historical foundation that adds a different kind of worth to Lambeau, which the Titans straight up can't between being founded much later and moving from Houston. But, like, this is not a problem you solve by building a new stadium, it's a problem you solve by renovating and establishing memories and lore with the existing stadium. Fenway Park and Wrigley Field were just the latest ballparks built when they were built, they got important enough to save over time.

No team wants to do that nowadays -- hell, our society as a whole just isn't interested in long-term returns, generally. Gotta be a brand new stadium for a return on the newest amenities, never mind that what gets produced is usually an indistinguishable soulless void of a building. The Oakland Coliseum is a loving pit, but it didn't start out as a loving pit, it turned into one by deliberate neglect and mismanagement by both the Raiders and Athletics. The original O.Co design is absolutely gorgeous. If it had been kept up and also hadn't had Mt. Davis dropped on it, O.Co could be in the same company as Lambeau and Dodger Field today -- a much-beloved elder statesman of stadiums. Soldier Field is probably the absolute most egregious example of this kind of abuse, and the Bears are basically planning to just ditch it and leave Chicago to clean up the mess from the spaceship renovation. Yes I know that situation is more complicated, but counterpoint: blaming the Bears organization is never wrong.

The Titans' stadium has clearly been actively neglected for the sake of both saving money and shamelessly running it into the ground to justify getting the municipality to build a new one. loving disgusting -- I'd even call it Snyderian, because he's blatantly doing the same thing with FedEx Field. Real Krusty the Clown "My house is dirty, buy me a clean one" hours. Seating numbers usually go down as stadiums get more modern unless the footprint also grows, because you're taking up more room for luxury boxes and non-seating facilities (those benches are a big reason why Lambeau seats that many, if they ripped them out and stuck in proper seats the number would almost certainly noticeably drop), so that might not be deliberate forced reduction in size, but it's absolutely not a side effect they're going to shed tears over.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1582381770368253952

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Can we have both?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the 49ers and Rams have been "implicated" in a potential trade for Christian McCaffrey.

Fowler also mentioned the Bills as a potential landing spot for McCaffrey, though his contract might be an issue for a Buffalo team that "wants to keep its cap outlook clean for next year due to many top-dollar players on the payroll," per Fowler. The Rams backfield is in flux after the team appeared to part ways with former starter Cam Akers last week. Darrell Henderson worked as LA's lead back in Week 6 against the Panthers. The 49ers are expecting Elijah Mitchell back in the next few weeks after deploying Jeff Wilson as the starter for much of the regular season.

bidding war pls

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

bidding war pls

And quickly please, as in before Sunday.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

FizFashizzle posted:

bidding war pls

Probably you want the 49ers to win that, I think the Rams have completely exhausted their futures of worth until like 2026.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

shirts and skins posted:

Please, God. I don't ask for much. But please give Geno a single (1) MVP vote. It'd be so goddamn funny.

Geno won't get any regular season mvp votes. You'll have to settle for him being super bowl MVP instead.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Nervous posted:

Geno won't get any regular season mvp votes. You'll have to settle for him being super bowl MVP instead.

We want it just to troll russ who has famously never received a mvp vote

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

adaz posted:

We want it just to troll russ who has famously never received a mvp vote

Greg is the Geno-stan from Around the NFL? Does he have a vote

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

syzpid posted:

How long till Wilson is showing up to the game with a neck brace on but he is powering through the injury "for the team"

Week 13: Wilson had the flu on Monday but “recovered.”
Week 14: Wilson was involved in a minor car accident and bruised his non-throwing elbow.
Week 15: Wilson had a migraine during the second half.
Week 16: Wilson woke up with a sore throat on Friday.
Week 17: Wilson got ripped off by a vending machine after practice and injured his non-throwing hand trying to retrieve a package of chips.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It’s cool that the Rams finally got good and won it all and then immediately regressed back to the good ol Rams that I’ve always known and loved.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Snyder used the nfl investigations into allegations of his abuse to find the people that made the complaints and abuse them

https://twitter.com/dvnjr/status/1582412668325228547?s=46&t=jasB2ByY_HW-bfbTcCqE0g

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How incompetent could you be that that was even possible

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
It was done so Snyder could retaliate

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/1582419176018219008

this seems kind of fake? his leg seemed perfectly fine all game, and he even escaped with some runs. surely with any hamstring issue, minor or major, he'd have shown a limp or wince or something?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

abelwingnut posted:

this seems kind of fake? his leg seemed perfectly fine all game, and he even escaped with some runs. surely with any hamstring issue, minor or major, he'd have shown a limp or wince or something?

The Chargers kicker fell down every single time he was on the field from a hamstring injury, so either he has an even more significant one on the leg that he's earning money with or we're in Russ excuse mode.

Or the kicker was hamming it up so he could give the most blase it's all about Jesus after game interview ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

abelwingnut posted:

https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/1582419176018219008

Toradol (or whatever concoctions they're using now of days) is a hell of a drug