Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

wooahhhh really?

drat Reich must legit be on the hot seat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
There is no way Sam Ehlinger with a bad line is better than broken down Matt Ryan with a bad line.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Matty icing the bench!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Matty Iced

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

He's third string! What an end to a career!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jets should give them a 7th for Ryan tbh.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I wonder if he'd be doing better if he'd swallowed his pride and stayed on the Falcons? Is their line any better?

Local man who hasn't watched any Colts game posted:

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
A 6th round previously injured rookie over Foles seems like a very bold move. Was the plan he'd take over after Ryan and he's the future QB or is this Indy grasping at straws?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Jesus CHRIST

https://twitter.com/KBowen1070/status/1584605414687219713?t=4nk7yML66e1xfXgO5pFcBw&s=19

Irsay must have been on one last night. What a steep fall for Ballard and Reich.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sam Ehlinger!?

No way :psyduck:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Breer had in his MMQB column this morning that "league scouts" were saying that Ryan's arm is cooked and he's struggling to get the ball where he wants. Then this 2 hours later.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hahahahahaha Sam Ehrlinger: Starting NFL Quarterback now thats paper

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Black Monday for vet qbs

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1584604020739432448?t=rSv_7cobTiKT_w5IYZ51KA&s=19

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Matt Ryan may as well retire right now, not gonna get much more humiliating than riding the pine behind fuckin' Ehlinger of all people.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I wonder if he'd be doing better if he'd swallowed his pride and stayed on the Falcons? Is their line any better?

Did Ryan ask to be traded? I thought the Falcons wanted to move on

Nov 6, 2002

DariusLikewise posted:

Did Ryan ask to be traded? I thought the Falcons wanted to move on

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10031029-matt-ryan-explains-colts-trade-after-falcons-didnt-acquire-deshaun-watson

quote:

"It became clear when Deshaun did not come, it was on me to let them know that I wanted to seek other options," Ryan said. "I told [owner] Arthur Blank that and he was great about it. The first one I wanted to explore was Indianapolis. I think the mindset really changed after the meeting that I had with Chris Ballard and Frank Reich."

Ryan added that coach Arthur Smith and the entire organization were upfront about the pursuit of Deshaun Watson, who ultimately chose to go to the Cleveland Browns. While he noted there was a level of "disappointment" with the team exploring its options, Ryan said he knew he wanted to explore his own life outside the Falcons organization in the aftermath.

The Colts traded a 2022 third-round pick for Ryan, a surprisingly minimal haul for a player who has his name etched all over the Falcons record book.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so sam ehlinger is bad?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

mcmagic posted:

You'd be better off with Foles

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Matt Ryan is worse than Zach Wilson

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
The Colts saw no improvement from getting Ryan. The Commanders saw no improvement from getting Wentz. The Panthers saw no improvement by getting Baker. The Broncos saw no improvement from getting Russ. The Browns TBD.

Falcons are better off dumping Ryan than keeping him, and the Seahawks are playing WAY better than with Russ.

What a time to be alive.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

abelwingnut posted:

so sam ehlinger is bad?

Behold,
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EhliSa00.htm

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Maybe he's just done but he was pretty good last year...

Nov 6, 2002

Matt Ryan is probably worse than Joe Flacco too, certainly when being acquired in the middle of a season.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

This must especially sting after Ryan threw for almost 400 yards (do not look at the yards per attempt number) and 3 TDs to score a divisional win 2 weeks ago lol

(He is totally and obviously cooked but the timing is funny)

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

There seems to be some sort of computer mistake. It's only displaying his rushing stats.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

abelwingnut posted:

so sam ehlinger is bad?

Oh hell yea. He’s Tebow but slower.

Nov 6, 2002

Woozie66 posted:

There seems to be some sort of computer mistake. It's only displaying his rushing stats.

What? You don't wanna start a 6th round pick who's never thrown a pass in the NFL before???

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Matt Ryan is probably worse than Joe Flacco too, certainly when being acquired in the middle of a season.
Joe Flacco has a better arm and more escapabilty than Matt Ryan. They're also the same age. mcmagic wanting him is very questionable.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Joe Flacco has a better arm and more escapabilty than Matt Ryan. They're also the same age. mcmagic wanting him is very questionable.

2021 Ryan played pretty well. Better than Flacco has as a Jet. Maybe he's just done now and I didn't realize he had 2023 guarantees which I obviously wouldn't want to take.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

2021 Ryan played pretty well. Better than Flacco has as a Jet. Maybe he's just done now and I didn't realize he had 2023 guarantees which I obviously wouldn't want to take.

Dude you would break your TV if you saw the interceptions Ryan throws in a jets uniform lol

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/NYPost_Schwartz/status/1584603336912687104
A positive outcome all things considered...

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
yea Matt Ryan is cooked physically. he's just done. brady, wilson, and rodgers all have more left in the tank physically than Ryan (even tho brady is declining fast).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/_PinheadSports/status/1584340405906452480?t=HCBqHt_F_zZdCnCNPR1LSQ&s=19

This is Bad

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Matt Ryan beat the Chiefs this year.

I know right?

Nov 6, 2002

Funny thing is, I can easily see Ryan being the starter again by December.

Ehlinger starts, plays awful for three or four weeks, even worse than Ryan. Colts turn to Foles, he gets injured after a few games. Matty Ice time again.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Kalli posted:

Matt Ryan beat the Chiefs this year.

I know right?

Well, it was really the Chiefs beating themselves

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

a neat cape posted:

This is Bad
Related:
https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/1584567504290004992

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I assume this is because Herbert’s rib injury really limits his ability to throw accurately downfield and also just his ability to hang in and wait for those throws to develop.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I assume this is because Herbert’s rib injury really limits his ability to throw accurately downfield and also just his ability to hang in and wait for those throws to develop.

While this is true, Joe Lombardi loving sucks and can't scheme anyone open so herbert goes to the check down a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

I dunno, I feel like with Ekeler those dumpoffs are just an alternative way to hand him the ball. He's a small dude that they want to get in space.