Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Did Ryan's trade/contract have an escalator dependent on how many snaps he took?

Also trade Foles to the Jets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

They don't have enough weapons, clearly

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Going down 17-0 kinda takes the run away yeah.

Woozie66 posted:

They don't have enough weapons, clearly

Unironically yes. Injuries suck

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
From what I've seen of the Chargers offense, they just play so drat slow and have no vertical element. Ekeler is their only real YAC threat and he's the running back.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
How did Keenan Allen look yesterday?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He didn't play the second half so :iiam:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Benne posted:

He didn't play the second half so :iiam:
He was on a snap count so they kept him out of the 2nd half, he apparently did not aggravate the injury or get a different injury.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Didn't seem limited when he played. Had 2 catches, both for first downs

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Honestly the funniest thing about the colts QB situation is this salary graph which is absolutely stunning. The GDP of a small Caribbean nation on lovely quarterbacks.

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1584625000002486275

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well gently caress I knew about Breece Hall, but he was playing the best out of any of the Jets linemen wasn't he?

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1584626117540864000

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Well gently caress I knew about Breece Hall, but he was playing the best out of any of the Jets linemen wasn't he?

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1584626117540864000
He's an All-Pro level lineman. Yes. This is crushing.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Is Foles that bad? He won a SB.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Is Foles that bad? He won a SB.

He’s worse than Carson Wentz.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

so the Colts are just pulling a 2011 all over again and just tanking the season huh

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Oh hell yea. He’s Tebow but slower.

I think I'd slightly disagree with this because even though Ehlinger's a very bad passer he has the opportunity to be a little better passer than Tebow who was historically awful, at least for the time he played.

But yeah he's that type of player and as a runner is much more strong than quick or fast, which probably won't work out too well.

Bellmaker posted:

You'd be better off with Foles

I would agree with this. Which isn't a good sign. There aren't any good options available here.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grittybeard posted:

I think I'd slightly disagree with this because even though Ehlinger's a very bad passer he has the opportunity to be a little better passer than Tebow who was historically awful, at least for the time he played.

I haven’t seen him since he got to the NFL but at Texas he had the same kind of long arcing windup that Tebow did that isn’t conducive to getting the ball out quickly.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pass pressure chart through Week 7 (Bears/Pats through week 6), as per PFF

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 24, 2022

cp91886
Oct 26, 2005
The Colts signed Foles to be a stop-gap in case Ryan had to miss a game or two, not to actually be an option at QB. In this hypothetical Ryan isn't cooked and the Colts aren't complete rear end, so his one use case no longer exists.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/arjunmenon100/status/1584633180535263232

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I haven’t seen him since he got to the NFL but at Texas he had the same kind of long arcing windup that Tebow did that isn’t conducive to getting the ball out quickly.

Yeah like I said it's a slight niggle because unless we're both very wrong he ain't good for sure, I just hate comparing guys to Tebow because we've all forgotten exactly how bad Tebow was in the NFL.

e: I think I'd compare him to an exceptionally slow Taysom Hill, which is also not particularly good in any fashion at all.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 24, 2022

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

does anybody want to know this. the chiefs have 40 more points than the second highest scoring team. i came up with it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if the patriots score 83 points tonight they can take first place in 'points for'. the bears would need to score 131 points. they're the lowest scoring team in the nfl and haven't scored 100 points yet in 6 games. anybody interested

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

This is some good poo poo. I'd like to offer you 45k a year to write more of this on my blog

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah like I said it's a slight niggle because unless we're both very wrong he ain't good for sure, I just hate comparing guys to Tebow because we've all forgotten exactly how bad Tebow was in the NFL.

e: I think I'd compare him to an exceptionally slow Taysom Hill, which is also not particularly good in any fashion at all.

Tebow also never improved at all, and maybe Ehlinger can or has. But watching him play at Texas Tebow was the guy that came to mind both in the way he ran (but worse) and in the way he threw (better, but still janky).

But yea, very slow Taysom Hill works too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Preseason and all, but Ehlinger looked really good this year.

Colts fans have been saying to get him on the field. The team has to figure out if he'll be the QB for them next year or if they'll have to draft one. Besides if he's bad it's not like he can be worse than what Ryan was

Nov 6, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

Preseason and all, but Ehlinger looked really good this year.

Colts fans have been saying to get him on the field. The team has to figure out if he'll be the QB for them next year or if they'll have to draft one. Besides if he's bad it's not like he can be worse than what Ryan was

Narrator: He was

Nov 6, 2002

sirtommygunn posted:

This is some good poo poo. I'd like to offer you 45k a year to write more of this on my blog

Inside: Bears Could Have #1 Offense After One Game

cp91886
Oct 26, 2005
I hadn't seen a Falcons game in years so I had no idea that Ryan was reduced to late stage Marino mobility. I actually think what triggered the benching, even more so than the absurd turnovers, is that when he had passable protection yesterday he had no capacity to extend a play even .25 seconds to let somebody get open. If the line is going to be subpar you need somebody who can at least move his body outside of the tackle box.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1584650168976035840

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Did somebody mention Tebow's throwing motion?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Benne posted:

Well, it was really the Chiefs beating themselves

Hey now, the Chiefs didn't only beat themselves.

The refs helped.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/EmmanuelAcho/status/1584652486757191682?t=aGgtjufOEf5LRfvxhiw3LA&s=19

it's time for tom to go

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

it's time for tom to go

Tom, in tears: "Go WHERE?"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well gently caress

https://twitter.com/BridgetCondon_/status/1584658588475457536

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Lots of blood today.

Nov 6, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

Lots of blood today.

And it ain't over. We still got a wet game on field turf to go.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i accept the job offer

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The nfc east doesn't make sense

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I don't know, it makes perfect sense to me that the worst/silliest division would become the best when everyone else descends to their level

When everyone's bad and doing clownball, the ones who've been doing that the longest and funniest thrive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

Years of incestual clownball has led us to this.