Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Another lol for PFF

https://twitter.com/AaronQuinn716/status/1582423551189323777?s=20&t=wvovdbic7f5fNR75sniU4g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1582436012340707328

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hilarious. I always wondered why Tre White's grade was always so low.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://twitter.com/seminoleraider/status/1582436110633816065

:laffo:

for real though please stop nobody needs this

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

No one asked for this.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Yay, another day of short week clown ball! But hey, NFL game on 4 of 5 days, what's not to like?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

This should become an annual tradition where one team hosts a BF game, like the Cowboys and Lions on Thanksgiving. But which one would be most fitting?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Mega64 posted:

This should become an annual tradition where one team hosts a BF game, like the Cowboys and Lions on Thanksgiving. But which one would be most fitting?

The Raiders.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Why would anyone want to watch the NFL instead of Mizzou and Arkansas fighting for the very historic and not at all made up Battle Line Rivalry trophy?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I thought there was some rule or law preventing NFL or college games to be on Friday to allow high shoots to have their own special day?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Android Apocalypse posted:

I thought there was some rule or law preventing NFL or college games to be on Friday to allow high shoots to have their own special day?

Nope. There's football 6 days a week with cfb and nfl. When Midweek MACtion starts in November it'll be 7 days a week

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1582442480787521537

gotta be one of the most disastrous seasons.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I'm pretty sure there was at one point, but it might have been repealed or have way to many exceptions. It's why the NFL has a Saturday game or two after the college season ended

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

And look at how it happened:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1582442609448226816?s=20&t=SEfFTJddia5hIvaGoj49uA

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Because clownball sludge is perfect after a long day of fistfighting, stampedes, and hot deals

No seriously though who the hell thought this was a good idea? Poor Al Michaels is going to drink himself to death.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

one idea i've had around for years, and i do think it would help with injuries, low performance, fatigues, and hell, it'd even allow international teams: just make it so games normally aren't every sunday, but like, every 10-12 days. sure, start the season on the second sunday of september, but then have the next slate of games primetimed the following tuesday through thursday. then scatter week three 10-12 days later on that weekend. repeat as needed. this might even allow you get rid of BYE weeks? i wouldn't want that, i think, but it seems possible if owners really wanted it.

the problem is trying to anchor everything around sunday when there's little need to do so. i'd love to have football sunday, then like a football wednesday the following week. changes it up and opens up the weekends.

furthermore, it extends the season. you get more time for injuries, recuperation, planning, travel time, then you get a super bowl in like april or may, which would be kind of awesome. less offseason/downtime.

i don't know. doesn't seem too silly to me. and i have to think that lengthening the season would obviously bring in more money. they'd have to be idiots to lose money with this kind of setup, no?

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 18, 2022

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

What!?!?!?! You're not waiting excitedly for SNF on December 11th for MORE BORING BRONCOS football!?!?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Per Wikipedia:

“NFL games are not normally played on Fridays or Saturdays until late in the regular season, as federal law prohibits professional football leagues from competing with college or high school football. Because high school and college teams typically play games on Friday and Saturday, respectively, the NFL cannot hold games on those days until the Friday before the third Saturday in December. While Saturday games late in the season are common, the league rarely holds Friday games, the most recent one being on Christmas Day in 2020.”

High schools are all closed for Thanksgiving weekend and I don’t think any schedule games for Black Friday, so it seems like a way for them to slide in an extra national game and make up for them not doing a game on Thanksgiving (Those are all network).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

abelwingnut posted:

one idea i've had around for years, and i do think it would help with injuries, low performance, fatigues, and hell, it'd even allow international teams: just make it so games normally aren't every sunday, but like, every 10-12 days. sure, start the season on the second sunday of september, but then have the next slate of games primetimed the following tuesday through thursday. then scatter week three 10-12 days later on that weekend. repeat as needed. this might even allow you get rid of BYE weeks? i wouldn't want that, i think, but it seems possible if owners really wanted it.

Apparently Wednesday Night Football was a relatively common thing before WW2. Also I guess there was a chance that a global pandemic got us football every night of the week in 2020 but it appears that was just the first Wednesday game in the middle of the season in forever.

Oh I read the article wrong, it was every day of the week during an entire season, not every day of the week during one week.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Get out

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Agar is also a treasure.
https://twitter.com/AnnieAgar/status/1582397396360667138

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

fartknocker posted:

Per Wikipedia:

“NFL games are not normally played on Fridays or Saturdays until late in the regular season, as federal law prohibits professional football leagues from competing with college or high school football. Because high school and college teams typically play games on Friday and Saturday, respectively, the NFL cannot hold games on those days until the Friday before the third Saturday in December. While Saturday games late in the season are common, the league rarely holds Friday games, the most recent one being on Christmas Day in 2020.”

High schools are all closed for Thanksgiving weekend and I don’t think any schedule games for Black Friday, so it seems like a way for them to slide in an extra national game and make up for them not doing a game on Thanksgiving (Those are all network).

There's still CFB games scheduled for Black Friday. So how does this not run afoul of that?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

fartknocker posted:

There is a federal law that the NFL can't compete with school football?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lifespan posted:

There is a federal law that the NFL can't compete with school football?

The sports broadcasting act of 1961 which exempted the NFL from anti-trust labor law while preventing them from playing football on fridays and saturdays while HS / College seasons were on

There are some carve outs, but yeah, it's the law: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_Broadcasting_Act_of_1961

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Dudes are blowing up their knees just to get away from Hackett, like the guys in Vietnam who’d blast a toe off to go home

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
drat big government ruining my football experience

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Nervous posted:

There's still CFB games scheduled for Black Friday. So how does this not run afoul of that?

The law was passed a long time ago, when it was plausible that the NFL would basically ruin the audience for college football if they went head-to-head on a regular basis. Now, college is almost as much of a juggernaut as the NFL, so there's way less of an impetus to enforce the law. Plus, I think the law is specifically that a pro game can't be played within a certain radius of a high school or college game? So, on a day with a weird schedule there might not be any conflict to begin with.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

fartknocker posted:

Oh, so Amazon was pissy that they weren't getting a holiday game.

So now we have CBS, Fox, NBC, and Amazon with holiday games, when's ESPN getting one?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

She's so good at this.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

bidding war pls

I don't think the Rams would give up a ton for CMC but Brian Burns or even bringing back Austin Corbett, probably

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Why would anyone want to watch the NFL instead of Mizzou and Arkansas fighting for the very historic and not at all made up Battle Line Rivalry trophy?

Tune in this year to find out which coach gets fired after the game!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

They forgot about the Ian Book signing.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

I don't think the Rams would give up a ton for CMC but Brian Burns or even bringing back Austin Corbett, probably

What do the Rams have to even offer at this point? A 2027 Fig Newton?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

LiquidFriend posted:

They are really only missing their 2023 first rounder right now. Full compliment of picks in 2024 and 2025 they can trade. Let it rip.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Get ready for a surprise

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1582468846921080832

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

LiquidFriend posted:

Sandwich Montoya is their next QB.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

2023 Picks obtained from other teams: (C) for conditional pick.

Texans: 1- Browns, 3- Browns, 6 - Giants, 6 - 49ers, 6 - Vikings, 6 - Saints (C)
Dolphins: 1- 49ers, 3- Patriots, 6 - Bears
Colts: 3-Football Team, 7 - Buccaneers
Broncos: 3- Colts, 6 - Steelers, 7 - Vikings
Patriots: 3 - Panthers, 6 - Panthers, 6 - Raiders
Chiefs: 4 - Dolphins, 6 - Dolphins
Jaguars: 4 - Buccaneers, 6 - Eagles, 7 - Panthers
Browns: 4- Vikings, 5- Rams
Ravens: 5- Patriots
Raiders: 5- Falcons, 7 - Patriots, 7 - Cardinals (C)
Bills: 5- Cardinals
Titans: 6 - Falcons
Chargers: 6 - Bears
Steelers: 7 - Broncos

Lions: 1- Rams, 6 - Broncos
Seahawks: 1- Broncos, 2- Broncos, 5 - Steelers
Eagles: 1- Saints, 7 - Vikings
Falcons: 4 - Titans (C), 7 - Raiders (C)
Saints: 5 - Eagles
Rams: 6 - Packers, 6 - Titans, 7 - Lions
Buccaneers: 6 - Colts, 7 - Jets
Packers: 7 - Rams ,7 - Jaguars
49ers: 7 - Broncos
Vikings: 7 - Texans
Panthers: 7 - Bills (C)

2024:

Texans: 1 - Browns, 4 - Browns, 6 - Saints, 7 - Chiefs (C)
Browns: 5 - Panthers (C), 6 - Texans
Broncos: 6 - Rams
Jaguars: 6 - Panthers
Patriots: 7 - Raiders, 7 - Bears
Titans: 7 - Panthers
Raiders: 7 - Patriots, 7 - Titans (C), 7 - Vikings (C)

Eagles: 2 - Saints, 4 - Vikings (C), 6- Seahawks
Panthers: 5- Titans
Rams: 6 - Broncos
Saints: 6 - Eagles (C)
Seahawks: 7 - Eagles

2025:

Eagles: 7 - Saints
Vikings: 7 - Steelers

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/pff_sucks/status/1582447404480987137?t=YQXV4bP60YyAakSxScHIdw&s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1582470917284048897?t=m5-zAhYISj5RkgoTW0vMLg&s=19

https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/status/1582470517067374592?t=gTEI1j1T7W-bq2XtV4qNHA&s=19

Woozie66 fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Lol I just realized of course Amazon wants a Black Friday game, they want everyone to stay home and shop online on Monday instead