Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
A WHOLE LOT of these games looked an awful lot more attractive to watch before the season started, I'll tell you that for free.

Anyone who predicted the Vikings to be 5-1 going into the Bye Week is a complete liar. What even is this team.

Rooting for the Lions this week. They've had a chance to catch their breath, the Cowboys just got punched in the mouth, and it would be unbelievably hilarious if Dak comes back directly into getting shellacked by the Detroit Lions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Views, in order, since I'm thinkin' about it:

BYE WEEKS: VIKINGS, BILLS, RAMS, EAGLES: This is kind of a dire combination since it takes out three of the top teams in the NFL, two of whom were actually hyper exciting to watch and one of whom was the Heart Attack Kids. Also the Rams are here. Gonna be a lot less exciting football to watch with both the Bills and Eagles off. The Rams desperately needed this bye, though, and the Bills could honestly use it too to become even more deadly. Maybe the Vikings can finally get the offense out of neutral and the defense on the road at all with this break.

SAINTS-CARDINALS: Christ, this matchup definitely looked a lot more enticing before the year started huh? This is absolutely a question of who blows it first, the Saints drawing six thousand penalties for existing or the Cardinals coming into the game with absolutely no game plan besides "Kyler does magic bullshit".

PACKERS-COMMANDERS: :barf: Before the season I would have called this one a curbstomp. It is very concerning that I now don't know for sure. If the Packers lose this game then I think Green Bay is going to sink into Lake Michigan, not just because they should absolutely not lose this game, but because of what's coming next week if they fail.

BROWNS-RAVENS: Hey, rivalry game between two teams that have been completely unable to finish off games this year! This one should be a slobberknocker. Ravens please don't gently caress this up.

BUCCANEERS-PANTHERS: :stonk: This one DEFINITELY looked a lot better before the year started. The Bucs should absolutely still win this even as Brady is dessicated into a mummy Last Crusade style before our eyes, but the Saints can tell them that anything goes in the South. Plus there's no more Matt Rhule to drag the Panthers to hell, they just have to figure out a way to get out of it.

FALCONS-BENGALS: This looked like a curbstomp before the year but now doesn't, in the opposite direction from the Packers game. I expect the Bengals will win here but the Falcons have been doing a lot of surprising this year. I love watching that poo poo. Happy with either team winning this.

LIONS-COWBOYS: Lions, I really, really want you to do well. You've had your bye week, now it's time to get back to it. I can absolutely guarantee you that Mike McCarthy is not able to pull off the degree of outcoaching that Bill Belichick can. Cowboys should still be able to win this as much as I don't want that to happen; if they do lose, I will laugh. I will laugh a lot.

GIANTS-JAGUARS: This one looked like a shitfest prior to the year and now it looks like it might actually be really interesting. The Giants are white-hot right now and their coach is bullrushing poo poo down. The Jags are on a skid but have shown flashes of what they could be already this year. This could be a highlight of the week, or a complete disaster.

COLTS-TITANS: Oh Christ.

TEXANS-RAIDERS: Oh Christ.

JETS-BRONCOS: This one has completely reversed itself from how I'd have said it'd go if you'd asked me at the start. If the Jets want to keep looking legit and tuning up this whatever the hell it is they have going here, they should win this no problem. If the Broncos want to pull out of the death spiral they're stuck in, they REALLY gotta win this one, and it doesn't look like it's going to be easy. Both teams lean on the defense.

CHIEFS-49ERS: Well, the bad news is that San Fran is injured to hell and back AGAIN, and the Chiefs are going to want to punch something through a wall after getting stymied by the Bills. The good news... get back to me for that.

SEAHAWKS-CHARGERS: Man, do we have to make these two play each other? I want good things for both of them. Both of these teams have very bad defenses and high-powered offenses with fun, exciting stories riddled throughout them. Raise your hand if you thought the Seahawks' games were going to be highlights of the year after the Russ trade, and also if you're a liar.

STEELERS-DOLPHINS: The Steelers really need to nurse that win over Brady, because the Dolphins are going to be a way more brutal challenge for them and I think they're getting Tua back too? This could get real ugly fast. Also the Brian Flores narratives will run fuckin' wild.

BEARS-PATRIOTS: Who the gently caress is responsible for this? What sick son of a bitch BEFORE THE YEAR STARTED looked at these two piles of rubble and thought they'd make a good primetime game together? This is going to be horrific. I can only hope for a tie.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

I mean, in relatively small-city Green Bay WI, Lambeau, built in 1957, seats 81,000+
What a rip off for Nashville.

e: and despite being almost 70, you don't hear them asking for a new one, and it's still got loving benches for God's sake.

Partly that's because Green Bay as a franchise has the historical foundation that adds a different kind of worth to Lambeau, which the Titans straight up can't between being founded much later and moving from Houston. But, like, this is not a problem you solve by building a new stadium, it's a problem you solve by renovating and establishing memories and lore with the existing stadium. Fenway Park and Wrigley Field were just the latest ballparks built when they were built, they got important enough to save over time.

No team wants to do that nowadays -- hell, our society as a whole just isn't interested in long-term returns, generally. Gotta be a brand new stadium for a return on the newest amenities, never mind that what gets produced is usually an indistinguishable soulless void of a building. The Oakland Coliseum is a loving pit, but it didn't start out as a loving pit, it turned into one by deliberate neglect and mismanagement by both the Raiders and Athletics. The original O.Co design is absolutely gorgeous. If it had been kept up and also hadn't had Mt. Davis dropped on it, O.Co could be in the same company as Lambeau and Dodger Field today -- a much-beloved elder statesman of stadiums. Soldier Field is probably the absolute most egregious example of this kind of abuse, and the Bears are basically planning to just ditch it and leave Chicago to clean up the mess from the spaceship renovation. Yes I know that situation is more complicated, but counterpoint: blaming the Bears organization is never wrong.

The Titans' stadium has clearly been actively neglected for the sake of both saving money and shamelessly running it into the ground to justify getting the municipality to build a new one. loving disgusting -- I'd even call it Snyderian, because he's blatantly doing the same thing with FedEx Field. Real Krusty the Clown "My house is dirty, buy me a clean one" hours. Seating numbers usually go down as stadiums get more modern unless the footprint also grows, because you're taking up more room for luxury boxes and non-seating facilities (those benches are a big reason why Lambeau seats that many, if they ripped them out and stuck in proper seats the number would almost certainly noticeably drop), so that might not be deliberate forced reduction in size, but it's absolutely not a side effect they're going to shed tears over.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

bidding war pls

Probably you want the 49ers to win that, I think the Rams have completely exhausted their futures of worth until like 2026.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I'm praying for the upset. Bears win their first game against the Patriots in the regular season ever, in a year where they're absolutely putrid, on Monday night.

Why? How can I possibly justify this happening? Because nothing else in this year makes any goddamn sense either. It would be outrageously funny.