Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017
you can still key in codes for the cheapest of item (for example, celery instead of organic whatever) and no one pays any attention and it saves me a fuckton of money on organic produce

Boco_T posted:

Absolutely, this thread is for all Cormac McCarthy, and Blood Meridian gets the most discussion out of all of them a lot of the time.

As it should. It is the best western ever written and easily one of the best books in English of the 20th century, up there with Salman Rushdie and DFW.

It is a sophisticated and nuanced exploration of the dark side of human nature set within the extremes of liminality, in time and geography and space, and in that sense is shoulder to shoulder with Moby Dick, another American fiction colossus. As historical fiction it is dense and realistic and deeply accurate. I gush, but I love this book to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU