Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
After what the Judge did to him that only makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Who's second from the right? The others I recognize.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Lol, you're right, I didn't zoom in. I thought the guy in the middle was Glanton (figuring Glanton and the Judge would be standing together), but he has the forehead tattoos. That's toadvine.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Proust Malone posted:

I think a BM movie would be mediocre because the thing that makes the book magic isn’t the plot, it’s the prose.

:hmmyes: The only way the prose would translate to the screen would be through one hell of a cinematographer. Roger Deakins could probably pull it off (or the guy who did Valhalla Rising, which has that same BM "violence as the story of man" theme)

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I once made the heinous mistake of tripping balls and watching Valhalla Rising. I may have to repeat that mistake.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Carthag Tuek posted:

also lolling at imagining a Refn adaptation of BM. i assume Eason means cinematography, what with nature and such, im just loving my brain giving me visuals of the judge pissing in neon colors and deep house like a balenciaga ai meme

lol. yeah the cinematography for sure, but BM and VR share a lot of themes (the inhumane but human love of violence and conquest; the erosion of the band's/the gang's sense of self by both themselves and the land they're trying to dominate; the sublimation, though different in context, of the boy/the kid to One-Eye/the Judge) and VR did a pretty great job of capturing my sense of the BM vibe. Refn wouldn't have been a bad pick at all to direct, but Hillcoat didn't do too bad with The Road.

Eason the Fifth fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Apr 28, 2023

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Carthag Tuek posted:

have you seen The Proposition? its got a lot of that desolate frontier brutality

I haven't but it sure sounds like I should. :tipshat:

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Ah man this one hurts. I remember picking up blood meridian one day on a lark at a bookstore and getting utterly entranced by the writing. His work (and Stephen King's) were major influences on the stuff I wrote back then and were directly responsible for a positive direction my life ended up going.

To paraphrase that line from Westworld: He didn't die, he just became literature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Glad to see Slate sucks as much as ever