Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Been a long wait since The Road, looking forward to these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Criminal Minded posted:

I will say that my gut instinct on first finishing The Passenger was that fans of Suttree (my favorite, and possibly my favorite novel period) will be especially fond of it.

Love Suttree so this is promising news. My copy was delivered yesterday, so just waiting for the right time to dive in.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

I'm a bit over halfway through, and while I enjoy following Western along and these random conversations he has with people, the chapters with his sister and her hallucination crew I find really tedious.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Well after finishing I'm disappointed to say that this was my least favorite of his novels that I've read - still haven't got around to his first three. I doubt I'll even bother with Stella Maris unless I find it at the library at some point.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

The Crossing is one of the bleakest stories he’s written (also one of the best)

Honestly I think The Crossing is my favorite of all his books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Finally got around to Stella Maris, and found it a painful slog to get through even as short as it was. Alicia is just insufferable as a character and I found very little of what she had to say interesting.