Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I haven't checked in ADTRW for a bit but this was the first I heard this season is the final one. What's the deal with that? I assumed it ran like OPM where there's a lot of original content from ONE to use for an anime. Is the webcomic finished and this season will cover all of it? Or did Bones say like "Hey we're only doing these three seasons and no more for the indefinite future"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Willsun posted:

I haven't checked in ADTRW for a bit but this was the first I heard this season is the final one. What's the deal with that? I assumed it ran like OPM where there's a lot of original content from ONE to use for an anime. Is the webcomic finished and this season will cover all of it? Or did Bones say like "Hey we're only doing these three seasons and no more for the indefinite future"?

Webcomic has been finished for a few years now.

e: By a few years. I mean it ended in 2017

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Bittersweet happy about that then.

I also really should have rewatched at least S2 prior to S3 coming because while I know I loved it all, it's hard to remember what some characters did in this simultaneously crazy but also nondescript cast. This is mostly on me though, because I'm a little disappointed at myself that I'm not remembering them well enough without crazier character designs.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Willsun posted:

The comic finished back in 2017, and the short Reigen sequel series finished in 2019. So, yeah. This should cover all of it.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
New episode was alright. Felt short/uneventful but I'm interested to see where it's going. Takenaka is a lot of fun whenever she shows up, glad we're getting an arc (presumably) centered around her.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Very bummed... Dimple was a key component to a lot of the best scenes of the show!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I like the bittersweet tone this episode went for. Feels like everything is marching to an inevitable but peaceful conclusion.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
The lead up episodes to Reigens stuff and the Claw stuff was like this as well, I expect this will be a catalyst for something really big happening

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Asuron posted:

The lead up episodes to Reigens stuff and the Claw stuff was like this as well, I expect this will be a catalyst for something really big happening

Well all they've done is send out an incredibly strong & aggravating signal to any telepathic beings that might exist and now they're trying to attract/annoy UFOs, what's the worst that could happen??!???

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
When are they gonna get to the FIREWORKS FACTORY?!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
That was very wholesome.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it is time for some Animation

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

WB just put out a trailer for the upcoming arc that's spoilerly so watch out for that if you're anime only.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i assume we are starting the final arc now after this cute diversion

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
That was a nice and soothing episode. A+ alien designs.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
This episode had the funniest indescribable visual joke possible

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
This episode was so loving good

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
That episode really weirded me out because the animation while good was clearly done a bit different from the usual so it threw me for a loop half the time.

Was there a different studio helping out or a director or something for it?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Well now.

I liked it.

I don't think I would have believed it had I been told after the first season that this would happen.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?

Overlord K posted:

That episode really weirded me out because the animation while good was clearly done a bit different from the usual so it threw me for a loop half the time.

Was there a different studio helping out or a director or something for it?

That's just what happens when Hakuyu Go directs an episode. He also directed the Mogami fight episode in season 2.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I absolutely loved the animation for this episode because it was like briefly stepping into an entirely different show. Can't wait for things to get weird again though.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah it was directed by the same guy who did s2e5. less flashy overall this time but that ending sequence had an insane amount of animation and visual design put into it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's really cool to give the telepathy club an arc like this. :unsmith:

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
Even after all these years, the alien reveal still makes me chuckle. Inukawa getting big anime eyes at the end sequence got me too.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Spent an entire day's worth of Boring Work Meeting sitting at the back and smiling in a way that was probably disconcerting because I kept thinking about this episode.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
The whole second half of the episode I kept thinking about that Jerma bit where he kept harping on how Flamin' Hot Cheetos are probably poison to aliens and if you gave one to an alien they'd probably think you tried to assassinate them

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mob, mob, mob

What do you want

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Oh My God.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I can't wait for Botan to show up to revive Mob!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The alien episode was SO adorable. I loved it dearly. And then this!!!!!! This season is really tugging on every heartstring...

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
This is both the most amused and most anxious I've been watching Mob Psycho.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Looking forward for the next volume of I'm The Strongest Psychic In Another Universe But I Just Want To Go Home And Date My Childhood Friend

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
It's just really weird he decided to rush in there himself when there was no need. He even just used his powers to save a cat from being run over. It's so conspicuous.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Forgall posted:

It's just really weird he decided to rush in there himself when there was no need. He even just used his powers to save a cat from being run over. It's so conspicuous.

It was very fight or flight in the moment I imagine.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
It's a bit of a framing issue, sure. In the comic there's a bit more of the sense of the immediacy of it, where he's just finished saving the cat and then there's the kid directly beside him about to be hit. Pure reaction, no thoughts and no time.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah its framed a bit differently in the Manga

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I figured it's just that Mob usually uses his hands when he uses his abilities and both his hands were full.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Forgall posted:

He wanted to use his muscles. They were just praised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Even in the anime I felt like Mob had no time to react, if he had, he would've just used his powers, but everything happened so fast that the only thing he could do was to sacrifice himself for the child.