Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
so i gt this cup of coffee, and i ask the guy, "hey, i'm new in this area. is this part o town.... this part o town that i work in... the one where standing in right now... is this part of town notably old and conservative and religious? because i never see any "politicilly controversial" bumper stickers, the nearest weed store is like 10 full miles away whereas everywhere else in this town there's two per block, theres so many old people

and he like... wel i could tell he was kinda, he was not talkng to me like one human to another. he was talking to me like a worker to a customer

i have noticed that in many places, starting last year. is this a "midwest" thing? (yes, denver is the midwest. fuckin deal with it, coloradons)

even in places like head shops or weed stores and even in WAX TRAX (!!!) everyone is like this now. it's so weird and making me totaly insane

it's like they're afraid of people 'getting them in trouble" oe whatever? but why are they assuming they'lll get in trouble for talking like a normal person and offering their own uncensored opinions??? has culture done this to us, man. is it a midwest thing. realy it's druving me crazy

i went to google and the first reply i saw was "yes, the southern suburbs of denver are insanely Republican and old people, everone knows this"

"a humorous political cartoon depicting a bunch of Republicans yelling at a hippie"

i'm trying to fix this drat thing. yesterday i puked on my knees in an applebees parking lot. it felt good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yeah, I bet he talked to you very calmly and slowly. Maybe even crouched down to your height.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

So I was sitting down to take another epic steaming poo poo and I started reading this post and I just got so angry, REALLY loving angry I started screaming into my phone and broke it during this haze of rage.

So you'll be covering my replacement bill or face legal consequences OP.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

precision posted:

it's like they're afraid of people 'getting them in trouble" oe whatever? but why are they assuming they'lll get in trouble for talking like a normal person and offering their own uncensored opinions???

They probably have the kind of opinions that would get a person fired.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
he thinks ur a cop op. u look like a cop and give off cop vibes. hth

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
If you posted this in E/N 15 years ago you would've gotten banned immediately

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
this guy wasn't really talking to me like a human, so i asked some strangers online what this means
- OP, a human

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
precision isn't a narc or wearing a wire guys he just picks up radio transmissions with his fillings

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I think you're pretty cool precision but tbqh you come across kinda deranged in a lot of your posts here on SA and if you give off even half that vibe IRL then anyone who talks to you is probably choosing their words very carefully

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I enjoy the op's posts because they always earnestly post about how everyone else they meet is strange, deranged, or otherwise or unusual.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Most people I talk to at work are pretty normal OP

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i don't talk, i just 69

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

kntfkr posted:

i don't talk, i just 69

MODS HR!!!!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
HR's not here, man.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
HR is not your friend, folks. They are my friend. Back off!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I think you're pretty cool precision but tbqh you come across kinda deranged in a lot of your posts here on SA and if you give off even half that vibe IRL then anyone who talks to you is probably choosing their words very carefully

satanic splash-back posted:

I enjoy the op's posts because they always earnestly post about how everyone else they meet is strange, deranged, or otherwise or unusual.

lol at these 2 posts back to back describing the op and his poisting history very accurately

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Op, didn’t someone at a Burger King drive through ask you if you were a satanist?

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Always like this

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

dont talk to people in the break room its rude af

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
everthing seems so hard... i have scabs all over my scalp bc i cant stop scratching... even when im sitting there thinking "man i want to stop scraping my head so bad" i'm still doing it... i've had this all my life but usually can handle it by shaving my head frequently, because i dont scratch when people can see the scabs... but now i have too many scabs to shave my head... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

and then like... theres days where it's just all too much. the loneliness, i mean. i'm in a cool city and i have a job and a car and a guitar so i should be, at least, medium... like i went to Red Rocks last week and then saw another great band and it was great but... i still dn't know anyone here, and having nobody to talk to... it really sucks. i've been so isolated for like 3 years now. apparently making friends is imposible when you get to my age, because everyone my age is a boring stupid rear end in a top hat and everyone younger than me thinks i'm too old to talk to... i guess. maybe i just smell bad

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

You might have a fungal infection on your scalp. I dealt with something similar for 15-20 years

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Strong necromancer vibes op. :hmmyes:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Op, didn’t someone at a Burger King drive through ask you if you were a satanist?

I had BK for lunch and no one asked me if I was a satanist, which is disappointing.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kntfkr posted:

i don't talk, i just 69

How do you figure out which person does the handstand or whatever? :thunkin:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Wait until you are out of the bathroom to have a discussion with someone you don’t know, OP.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

How do you figure out which person does the handstand or whatever? :thunkin:

we just lay down and clown around

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's just what happens when people think you're trying to suck your way to the top of the dick sucking factory OP.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Rlannon ta. Than poh Fuuwh Pkspey. :hmmyes:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we just started acting like that this week, we had a big meeting and voted. it wasn't unanimous, in fact it was only a slight majority, but that's democracy for ya. that's how we're all going to be unless the organization votes otherwise in the future.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
I dont know where you’ve lived but people in the midwest are some of the friendliest and thats maybe the nicest thing I can say about them.

Working is miserable and I dont think most people go in and have a good time anymore COVID has showed your average retail worker what their customers and bosses are really thinking. I know I’d be punching clocks and collecting checks and that’s it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Flowers for QAnon posted:

You might have a fungal infection on your scalp. I dealt with something similar for 15-20 years

luckily i've never gotten an infection, maybe because i don't really "scratch til it bleeds and then keep going", and as i said usually i just shave my head every month

it got much worse when i got the COVID booster. maybe the vaccine is making people crazy.

SmallFormatBlues
Aug 12, 2022
Two years ago we were all everyday front line heroes making things work. Now we get treated worse than prior to Covid. And the people are weirder. So yeah I can see why as a service industry worker, there was not much engagement, especially when you’re purposely trying to start a conversation with what could be perceived as already starting an argument. We deal with so much stupid poopoo as is these days, all the extra perks and raises and little
Bonuses thrown our way have been taken back, and as stated, we’re all aware of what customers and employers think of us. In my line of work I deal with different folks from the beggar on the street to literal millionaires. No one starts a conversation like that unless they’re already working an agenda or trying to start a pissing contest. If someone approached me with that without some normal small talk, I would do the same. Probably ruder to be honest with you, as I know I don’t have time to wax about such pressing matters. Perhaps try some inane small talk, build a minor relationship over a few visits, you might get the engagement you’re seeking.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

i wish i could go to the weed store. seems a lot better than dealing with dealers

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

precision posted:

yes, denver is the midwest.

Excuse me?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

If I was heading west across the US and I reached Denver I'd be thinking "thank god I'm out of the midwest" sooo...

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

TK8325 posted:

i wish i could go to the weed store. seems a lot better than dealing with dealers

some of the weed stores in portland are super fancy -- like a high-end jewelry store but the cases are full of well-lit, sparkly weed products. it's kinda weird tbh

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Buce posted:

some of the weed stores in portland are super fancy -- like a high-end jewelry store but the cases are full of well-lit, sparkly weed products. it's kinda weird tbh

sounds better than the grungy, smoky apartment with the coffee table thats never been cleaned off and joe rogan playing on a loop 24/7

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Weed is overrated because contrary to popular belief, it turns people into paranoid lunatics instead of peaceful hippies.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Yaldabaoth posted:

Weed is overrated because contrary to popular belief, it turns people into paranoid lunatics instead of peaceful hippies.

you have gotta be one of the biggest nerd dorks on this forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Yaldabaoth posted:

No it doesn't. The worst thing weed does is make you content with stasis & this leads to being lazy.