Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

If I was heading west across the US and I reached Denver I'd be thinking "thank god I'm out of the midwest" sooo...

it is still very much the midwest lmao

yes there's a lot of "diversity" and "art" but it's also full of republicans in trucks and SUVs and vast sprawling suburbs of old white people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Yaldabaoth posted:

Weed is overrated because contrary to popular belief, it turns people into paranoid lunatics instead of peaceful hippies.

I smoke weed every day whereas you post like a paranoid lunatic 24/7

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH7hyzPIbp0

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the worst thing about weed is that you have to pay for it

unless you’re a farmer, then i don’t know what the worst thing would be

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Yaldabaoth posted:

Weed is overrated because contrary to popular belief, it turns people into paranoid lunatics instead of peaceful hippies.

If you turn into a paranoid lunatic when you smoke then you probably are kinda anxious in day to day life, that's how I realized I had a low-level anxiety disorder and that the solution was to get a lower stress job.

Now I'm just mistrusting of trees in my backyard when I smoke.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Yaldabaoth posted:

:irony:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

kntfkr posted:

No it doesn't. The worst thing weed does is make you content with stasis & this leads to being lazy.

Then why do so many weed smokers listen to Joe Rogan?

Also I'm not a lunatic because the things I'm paranoid of are very real.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Yaldabaoth posted:

yaldabaoth i'm begging you to please shut the gently caress up

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Yaldabaoth posted:

Most of us sit on our deck/porch and give trees a side-eye while wondering if our neighbors can tell we're high (they can and they don't care)

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Yaldabaoth posted:

sometimes I'm like "Why does this guy get such a bad rap?" and then you post poo poo like this

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
we need a yaldaboth containment zone because every thread becomes about him, even the one started by a paranoid schizophrenic

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Do weed smokers not make up a large chunk of Joe Rogan's fanbase?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

holy moly what a dork

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Robo Reagan posted:

we need a yaldaboth containment zone because every thread becomes about him, even the one started by a paranoid schizophrenic

just train him to nom epique's thread "el oh el," "el em ef ay oh," "bro," "brah," "dude."

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
who is Joe Rogan

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Yaldabaoth posted:

do you know what a Venn diagram is?

MrQwerty posted:

just train him to nom epique's thread "el oh el," "el em ef ay oh," "bro," "brah," "dude."
I think probating Yalda to nom's thread is the best idea I'll probably hear today and it's very early.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Yaldabaoth posted:

I’m gonna strap you down and make you breathe only dabs and force feed you edibles until you become chill, no matter how many months or years that takes.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

MrQwerty posted:

the fact that epic threadbanned yalda and not peggy or frank frank tells you everything you need to know lmao

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
just lol at anyone who hasn't put yalda on ignore already

unless you're making sure that he still has his av in which case :tipshat:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Private Cumshoe posted:

who is Joe Rogan

i think he's a wrestler

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

precision posted:

luckily i've never gotten an infection, maybe because i don't really "scratch til it bleeds and then keep going", and as i said usually i just shave my head every month

it got much worse when i got the COVID booster. maybe the vaccine is making people crazy.

I don’t think you know what a fungal infection is, but okay

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
it's always so sad when someone doesn't realize they have seborrheic dermatitis and just suffers through it

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

precision posted:

it is still very much the midwest lmao

yes there's a lot of "diversity" and "art" but it's also full of republicans in trucks and SUVs and vast sprawling suburbs of old white people

thats every single state once you get outside of the populated, urban areas, hth

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Let's get the OP to use some head and shoulders and make this thread a real success imo.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

for 12 years you have been asking: who is joe rogan?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

OP: I noticed I can't buy many drugs in this very spot I'm standing, good sire! Would you like to take a moment to provide your commentary on that fact in this very context? 10 miles to buy drugs, surely you can do better, stranger! Also have you noticed the local politics?

Random Stranger: uhm I...think..if..you want drugs there is a pharmacy on main across the street from the other pharmacy on main

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

precision posted:

so i gt this cup of coffee, and i ask the guy, "hey, i'm new in this area. is this part o town.... this part o town that i work in... the one where standing in right now... is this part of town notably old and conservative and religious? because i never see any "politicilly controversial" bumper stickers, the nearest weed store is like 10 full miles away whereas everywhere else in this town there's two per block, theres so many old people

and he like... wel i could tell he was kinda, he was not talkng to me like one human to another. he was talking to me like a worker to a customer

I've read this a couple times and I still don't understand what OP is trying to convey here.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Idk OP maaaybe consider using a different rap name than Trubacca, people might warm up to you better. :wookie:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

AcidCat posted:

I've read this a couple times and I still don't understand what OP is trying to convey here.

The OP proverbially walked up to a stranger and said I notice it seems to be very religious and conservative potentially around here, and I've also noticed I can't seem to buy drugs for about a 10 mi radius, what's going on here?

The stranger decided that it wasn't a premise they wanted interact on which, you know, lo

That's the type of s*** I would hear two people talking about behind me in line at the gas station and just be thankful that I was getting the f*** out asap

E: I moved from Boston to the Midwest for a bit, before promptly moving right back, I will say people did think that I was angry because my vocabulary naturally includes a lot more swears than theirs did, they also thought I was Canadian which was simultaneously insulting and relieving given the truth of the matter

Worf fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 20, 2022

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Apparently "oh Jesus loving Christ" doesn't mean "please continue your story, I empathize with you " in the Midwest

naem
May 29, 2011

Worf posted:

Apparently "oh Jesus loving Christ" doesn't mean "please continue your story, I empathize with you " in the Midwest

born in the midwest and currently on the east coast, this is a very good post thank you lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

precision posted:

everthing seems so hard... i have scabs all over my scalp bc i cant stop scratching... even when im sitting there thinking "man i want to stop scraping my head so bad" i'm still doing it... i've had this all my life but usually can handle it by shaving my head frequently, because i dont scratch when people can see the scabs... but now i have too many scabs to shave my head... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

and then like... theres days where it's just all too much. the loneliness, i mean. i'm in a cool city and i have a job and a car and a guitar so i should be, at least, medium... like i went to Red Rocks last week and then saw another great band and it was great but... i still dn't know anyone here, and having nobody to talk to... it really sucks. i've been so isolated for like 3 years now. apparently making friends is imposible when you get to my age, because everyone my age is a boring stupid rear end in a top hat and everyone younger than me thinks i'm too old to talk to... i guess. maybe i just smell bad

Oh poo poo i used to do the head scratching thing. What worked for me was taking abilify or rexulti. Completely got rid of it. Life changing drug for me. I don't know if it's some chemical thing or if i was picking because i was depressed and it helped that or what but it's literally like magic and if i go off the med it comes back.