Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed - so much so that while I planned on going an episode a day I couldn't wait for ep 2. Which is high praise, for me. I have an immense amount of time for C.G.M. so this is a plus. Cute opening with the ship battle. Ah, we're doing Black Flag, thinks I. Ha, you got me.

A TVIV question: from the audience POV, is 2099 considered the present and 2032 the past? Vice versa? Something else, or does it simply not matter?

(I have not read the books so if the answer is a spoiler of sorts pls just say so.)

My guess: It's multiple timelines (not loving "flashbacks", stop saying that) where 2099 is present, 2032 is past, and they interact through the connection where 2099 can shape their events by altering the past e.g. mom obituary replaced by mom non-death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Yes, it's LITERALLY UNWATCHABLE.

1. Is Our Heroine called Flynne because of TRON?

2. The connection thing does seem to be two-way in "real-time" i.e. the human in 2032 can experience 2099 via the robot, notwithstanding there are ~70 years between them. Does something about that come into play like information going backwards == time-travel but information going forwards == a collapsed waveform of probabilities? Or is it just time-travel both ways and not really important?

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Same here, great entertainment, and I feel like I know less about what's going on now than last week. That being said I'm fine with glossy nonsense as long as Jolan-Noy want to keep serving it up, it's not like it costs me anything. Bring on Fallout.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

quote:

People in high places routinely make decisions that don't really matter much to them, but that massively impacts others.

What could the writer(s) have meant by this :thunk: :thunkher:

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Combat Pretzel posted:

Why are those "air scrubbers" giant gaudy statues? That's what's bugging me the most about this show.

Why would they not be? Might as well do something ostentatious. Why is Grand Central Station like that, when it could be a flat-roofed shed?

Even now we disguise cellphone towers as trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
A rare and very welcome win for glossy sci-fi nonsense.