Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The New York Football Giants are 6-1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I'm starting to worry. Aaron Rodgers is playing so badly and losing on a weekly basis, what if I get tired of seeing it and I lose this source of joy? :ohdear:

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

So I couldn’t follow ny-jags but I was following it on espn.com and when gano hit the fg it said 25 seconds left on the clock when I check back 3 minutes later there was a minute left what happened is espn just bad?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Mohawk Potato posted:

So I couldn’t follow ny-jags but I was following it on espn.com and when gano hit the fg it said 25 seconds left on the clock when I check back 3 minutes later there was a minute left what happened is espn just bad?

Saquon ran toward the sideline and gave himself up in bounds but slid out of bounds during it, they ruled him down live, brought in dean Blandino who also said he was down in bounds but then the refs decided to overturn it and rule him out of bounds anyway

The following jags drive featured them trying to lose but getting carried down the field by three or four more highly questionable penalties but the game ended in really funny fashion with the rightful winner in the giants coming out on top anyway

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mohawk Potato posted:

ESPN made a goof, but it was based on a review of the previous play.

What happened on the Giants possession was Barkley ran a sweep on 3rd down and went down close to the sideline. They initially ruled him inbounds and the clock ran down to like 25~ seconds. Then it was reviewed and they decided Barkley went out of bounds with (IIRC) 1:07 left which stopped the clock, so they reset the time and the Giants kicked the FG at that point.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Thanks that sucked but a win is a win

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

:perfect:

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

fartknocker posted:

The New York Football Giants are 6-1.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/1584285332240900097?s=20&t=-YsM2jq2loiFCHIbzL9s1Q

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Wait what lmao

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So both Rodgers and Brady broke up with their White Witch Magic significant others this past offseason and now are losing in basically the same embarrassing ways.

Huh

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
they're also old op

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So both Rodgers and Brady broke up with their White Witch Magic significant others this past offseason and now are losing in basically the same embarrassing ways.

Huh

Being into astrology is no longer a deal breaker for me.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Mega64 posted:

Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are washed.

I love Chaos Season.

Ya know what, I'm cool with this.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Love to let hubris get the best of me and ruin my marriage and tarnish my legacy instead of going out on top.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
That giants gang tackle of Kirk at the 1 was some inspiring poo poo. Daboll is basically a lock for Coty unless he like runs somebody over driving drunk I think.

The Titans keep winning ugly and I love it. The colts are a loving joke

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Thoughts on Ravens/Browns.

Browns were the better team today which as it turns out is not as important as the final score. Basically the reverse experience of last week's Ravens/Giants game.

Everybody is going to talk about that weird penalty that pushed the Browns back to a 60 yard field goal, but where they really got screwed was the ticky-tacky OPI called against Amari Cooper just a few plays before.

Chubb is for sure the best RB in the NFL. So many would've been no gains going for 5-10 yards. That said, I am very happy to be back on the Gus Bus.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm sure Tom will be fine next week

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean he wasn’t fine last week, or the week before

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
why doesn't Smith trust Mariota? they let him rip vs Tampa, but this gameplan completely took the ball out of his hands. it did last week too, but he made the most of his dozenish attempts. I thought he looked pretty accurate last week, and it's not like the running game is effective lately. I know Atlanta has no receivers, but you can't win passing less than 1/3 of the time if you don't have a prime Henry or Petersen carrying the team. is he hurt?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Probably they watched his Tennessee tape.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

well yeah, but Smith (who benched him in Tennessee) is the one who brought him in. gotta wonder if they start Ridder some time soon

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just wanna say I knew he was washed from the second he decided to come back.

MJeff posted:

I think it rules that he's gonna come back out of retirement to get his rear end whipped again.

Hopefully it's by Stafford again!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

drat you called the 45 year old QB being league average. very risky, must of took a lot of bravery

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How did the Chiefs lose to the poo poo rear end Colts?

:psyduck:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Well then

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You got goddamn outclassed, outcoached, burned by the Chiefs.

I guess getting destroyed by the falcons was not enough to get your head out of your asses.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/st...ingawful.com%2F

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
The Broncos are a pitiful mess

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Haven’t seen Frank Clark have a game like that in years, Trent Williams ankle must be busted

Mahomes on 3rd down is so unfair

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The Hawks might be the best team in that division and that’s kind of wild

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Basically spotted the Colts 2TDs in points tbf

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Backup kicker Matt Ammendola, who was filling in for normal Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker. He missed an XP early in the game and missed an XP-ranged field goal late after which the Colts went on like an 8 minute drive to take the lead 20-17 with like 20 seconds left, and then Mahomes got picked at the end as they were trying to get back into FG range. The Chiefs released him, the Cardinals signed him, and IIRC he also missed some kicks for that that directly lead to one of their losses as well.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

CharlestheHammer posted:

The Hawks might be the best team in that division and that’s kind of wild

They might be the best non-NFC East team in the conference, depending on whether you think the Vikings are legit or not.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mega64 posted:

They might be the best non-NFC East team in the conference, depending on whether you think the Vikings are legit or not.

They aren’t.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Mega64 posted:

Wilson was legit holding them back

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man the Chiefs could've put up 80 if they wanted to. That was insane. Buffalo neutralizing them in KC is that much more impressive to me now. I expected a close game but watched an rear end whoopin

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mega64 posted:

The Vikings have Qirk at QB, meaning they aren't legit until they somehow prove otherwise when it actually matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Man the Chiefs could've put up 80 if they wanted to. That was insane. Buffalo neutralizing them in KC is that much more impressive to me now. I expected a close game but watched an rear end whoopin

Bills will win the SB by 40 against whatever painfully mediocre 9-8 team comes out of the NFC.