Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers are a bad football team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The Chiefs are a good enough offense to drive reliably on a worn-out, badly injured defense. I don’t think we need to crown their asses; they won’t be playing the 49ers every week.

Niners need to get healthy, or at least get some better backups.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bills will win the SB by 40 against whatever painfully mediocre 9-8 team comes out of the NFC.

They'll lose to the Giants 20-19 thanks to a missed XP going wide left.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Wish Juju had come to KC 2 seasons ago instead of stupidly re-signing to catch a handful of ducks from Ben, he’s the #2 receiver KC has badly needed for years

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

fartknocker posted:

They'll lose to the Giants 20-19 thanks to a missed XP going wide left.

Let it be

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

These are the stats I crave

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I'm totally Geno pilled

I don't understand how I got on this ride or how it functions but I'm having the time of my life

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:sickos:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Thoughts on Ravens/Browns.

Browns were the better team today which as it turns out is not as important as the final score. Basically the reverse experience of last week's Ravens/Giants game.

Everybody is going to talk about that weird penalty that pushed the Browns back to a 60 yard field goal, but where they really got screwed was the ticky-tacky OPI called against Amari Cooper just a few plays before.

Chubb is for sure the best RB in the NFL. So many would've been no gains going for 5-10 yards. That said, I am very happy to be back on the Gus Bus.

Gus Edwards won us the game. He is so good at getting that one yard when we need it. This 4th and 1 it was not even an issue and we converted. We would be at least 5-1 if he hadn't been hurt and who knows what last season would have looked like.

Andrews basically didn't play today with how little he was targeted. Feel like we had him out there just for distraction.

D has got to figure something out in 4th quarters. They are getting killed every game even if they are ok though that point.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Mega64 posted:

Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers are washed.

I love Chaos Season.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
chargers confirmed frauds

tom br*dys season, marriage, and legacy in ruins

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
N:
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1584333691421020161

V: :sickos:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

lol that the Lions have played every one of these teams

e: I wonder if this will turn out like 2015 where the front half of the season was a 1-7 disaster that was (in retrospect) partly due to a ridiculously loaded strength of schedule, leading to a second-half bounce when they finally got to play some bad teams.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 24, 2022

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I love my Bengos

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hawks binch

Also lol what the gently caress, Bucs? Lmao even

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Oh please. Oh please.

https://twitter.com/CorbinSmithNFL/status/1584336345299681280

(probably still an ACL but usually they can confirm that immediately?)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lovely day for injuries continues

https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1584337148831932417?s=20&t=yXMM4e5Ur4nQ9idyDZpNNw

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Jets are 5-2 and already have more wins than they had last year and now it’s all hosed because we lost our lightning bolt of a rookie RB for the year.

Sad man.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

We probably lost JC and Mike Williams lol

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Jets are 5-2 and already have more wins than they had last year and now it’s all hosed because we lost our lightning bolt of a rookie RB for the year.

Sad man.

It Follows but it's a spooky ghost popping up and kneecapping anyone Robert Salah dares to love.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

what a gross sounding injury

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1584338139405258752?s=20&t=yXMM4e5Ur4nQ9idyDZpNNw

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Let's check in on the Bucs...

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1584230561467408384?t=j_JtQNKxrXiZxaBufThToA&s=19

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Pfft I walked around with one of those forever as a kid.

It loving sucks

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
When was the last time that 2 first ballot HOF'ers both hit the absolute wall in the same season, let alone throwing in someone with a borderline HOF career like Wilson also doing the same. I can't even remember.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Big Ben and Brees fell off a cliff about the same time

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chucktesla posted:

Big Ben and Brees fell off a cliff about the same time

Brees managed his decline a lot better than this though. He was at least smart enough to know that he couldn’t make certain throws anymore and just dinked and dunked down the field. He was basically a fantastic game manager, had perfectly respectable stats, and the team won the division.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Brees played with like 4 broken ribs in his final year.

Ben was just increasingly bad and out of shape for 4 straight years until he mercifully went away.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Isn't Rodgers' extension structured in a way that if he were to retire next year then green bay would have like 150 million in dead money. Like they basically can't not have him on the roster even if he doesn't want to play football anymore

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Chucktesla posted:

Isn't Rodgers' extension structured in a way that if he were to retire next year then green bay would have like 150 million in dead money. Like they basically can't not have him on the roster even if he doesn't want to play football anymore

He’d retire and be just fine with that out of spite.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Huh. We'll see I guess.

https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1584344330126270465?t=5NtOSHwnFk05i98RECOXLA&s=19

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chucktesla posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/spotrac/...00%2Fframe.html

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Acebuckeye13 posted:

lol that the Lions have played every one of these teams

e: I wonder if this will turn out like 2015 where the front half of the season was a 1-7 disaster that was (in retrospect) partly due to a ridiculously loaded strength of schedule, leading to a second-half bounce when they finally got to play some bad teams.

They have five more division games and MIA, @NYG, BUF, JAX, @NYJ, @CAR. I'm thinking they take one each from Chicago and GB and then...I want to say @CAR but I want to see the Panthers play another game or two before committing to that.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/1584335124367544320

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Doesn't seem like there's ANY/A value in this stat.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Imagine how much clay you could eat with that cash

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers are a bad football team

Ya, why is that? They have tremendous talent on both sides of the ball, at this point I'm scratching my head

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The usual reasons. Bad coaching, unlucky injuries.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

WR1-4 were out for various reasons against the Hawks and that didn't help things

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Ya, why is that? They have tremendous talent on both sides of the ball, at this point I'm scratching my head

they are owned by the Spanos family, and are an orphan team without an identity

the Football Gods frown upon them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

The Bengals left tackle dislocated his knee cap and ended up playing the rest of the game and starting the next week. It's not necessarily a gruesome injury, sometimes there's no real damage.