Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rodgers does or attempts to do a lot of quick twitch throws to different spots around his targets that rely on him to have very heavy knowledge of the way a wr moves around when freelancing after a route or during an option, and the receiver understanding what to do and expect in kind. they should have always had 2 or 3 guys to keep that working and just accepted that they have to pay them and suffer elsewhere. i know davante was going to leave either way but then you'd still have 1 or 2. there's no way he is going to build that rapport with anyone else in what's left of his career. i made that poo poo up because i'm a strong bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Cavauro posted:

rodgers does or attempts to do a lot of quick twitch throws to different spots around his targets that rely on him to have very heavy knowledge of the way a wr moves around when freelancing after a route or during an option, and the receiver understanding what to do and expect in kind. they should have always had 2 or 3 guys to keep that working and just accepted that they have to pay them and suffer elsewhere. i know davante was going to leave either way but then you'd still have 1 or 2. there's no way he is going to build that rapport with anyone else in what's left of his career. i made that poo poo up because i'm a strong bitch
Nope this is canon now.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

fsif posted:

Yeah neither Brady nor Rodgers has looked physically cooked to me in the way Brees, Roethlisberger, and Manning did before they retired. Maybe Packers or Bucs fans can contradict me, but I'm not seeing a lot of inaccurate balls or massive wind ups to toss 20 yard blimps.

Brady is fine physically. He threw an absolute bomb that landed right in Evans hands (who dropped it) at the beginning of the game. He had a few nice passes that went through 2 levels of the Panthers defense but the biggest issue is he doesn't trust his oline and just turfs a lot of passes. Leftwich's play calling is loving awful so it's hard to say how cooked he is. Everyone gets to decide this Thursday night tho as the Bucs and Ravens play TNF.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

syzpid posted:

I hate this idea so much I have no words.

Exactly what I was going for!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

wandler20 posted:

Brady is fine physically. He threw an absolute bomb that landed right in Evans hands (who dropped it) at the beginning of the game. He had a few nice passes that went through 2 levels of the Panthers defense but the biggest issue is he doesn't trust his oline and just turfs a lot of passes. Leftwich's play calling is loving awful so it's hard to say how cooked he is. Everyone gets to decide this Thursday night tho as the Bucs and Ravens play TNF.

https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1584578684304130049?t=b-a7Jfz1BBhaxsKgI_tieA&s=19

It really may just be the line, which checks out given what a wreck the personnel are

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
He got Ariens fired and now the offense sucks so maybe Tom Brady is at least partially the problem?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Aaron Rodgers is playing like a stupid surly lovely teenager.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Isnt that what he's devolved into?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Going through that teenage libertarian stage

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Isnt that what he's devolved into?

He's always been a surly shithead.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He's always been a surly shithead.

In retrospect there's little I want to see more then meetings from the Favre - Rodgers QB room

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

syzpid posted:

I haven't watched a whole Packers game, other then the Jets game, but his accuracy seems all over the place. I don't know how much is on the WRs not being in the right place but a lot of the passes look either under or overthrown.

It's both. He hasn't been as accurate this season but all the WR injuries and reliance on rookies has led to problems. The thumb injury hasn't helped either.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
oh its still brady's fault. his arm strength and accuracy are all over the map this year, sometimes he can get a beautiful deep pass out but often he's missing some routine passes 5-10 yds down the field. not to mention him getting arians fired, constantly throwing tantrums on the sideline, and deciding that he won't even look for routes to develop bc he just doesn't trust his o-line at all.

i think the offense playing like they're half asleep most of the time is definitely on him. they need some energy, not a depressed middle aged divorcee who thinks tantrums are the solution

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It was very clear yesterday that brady does not want to do anything other than quick slants, and if his one deep read isn't there immediately he's checking it down. the stats kind of hide what the game looked like, but he's not letting plays develop and not looking for second options at the 2nd and 3rd lvl. Several times in the second half yesterday on 3rd and long, he'd just check down for 2 yards and the panthers would swarm. The plays never stood a chance. This gets hidden in the stat sheet because his completion percentage was high but he might as well have been tossing incompletions.

The bucs also turned it over on downs twice, which aren't officially turnovers but were both instances of the panthers jumping short routes/end arounds/quick hitters. Especially in the red zone they didn't respect brady at all.

The difference between the national broadcast and the panthers guys is pretty start. National guys blame every missed pass on receivers, or the offensive line, etc. On the Panthers broadcast, Delhomme and Kuechly were throwing him under the bus. Also kueckly is a really a joy to listen to and if you get the chance this year, i'd recommend it.

The weirdest thing was at the end of the game after they went down 21-3, the bucs gave up with about 7 minutes left and didn't use their timeouts for the rest of the game. Brady was still moving them pretty well between the twenties, and the panthers offense had gone three and out like 80% of the day, but the Panthers were starting to get close to him on pressures. Pretty obvious brady didn't want to go back out A. in obvious passing situations and B. in situations where he couldn't just check down.

Delhomme straight up said they were giving up. Kuechly agreed with him.

The Panthers low key have a good offensive line now, and their gameplan was what it should have been all year. But maybe the bucs defense would have played better if brady could have sustained a drive.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

a neat cape posted:

Herbert has looked fine onve you factor in that he has fractured ribs

and whatever else the chargers doctors did to him

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

Who was this animal?

Jonah Williams

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Bucs defense was fine until Winfield got hurt. Then the wheels fell off. Also, Zyon McCollum isn't ready for NFL action at CB.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

RIP Breece. Love Mims flexing and walking off after taking Kareem Jackson out.

https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/status/1584617901385912320

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

wandler20 posted:

The Bucs defense was fine until Winfield got hurt. Then the wheels fell off. Also, Zyon McCollum isn't ready for NFL action at CB.

Zyon McCollum sounds like he’s ready for action as a Fallout character

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Docjowles posted:

Zyon McCollum sounds like he’s ready for action as a Fallout character

Well he tested out like a video game character...

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1519373309670006786?s=20&t=nOre7TfyidzKqyONcM6ZuQ

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Diva Cupcake posted:

RIP Breece. Love Mims flexing and walking off after taking Kareem Jackson out.

https://twitter.com/LaurieFitzptrck/status/1584617901385912320

yeah nice flex after a hold? haha

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

As an Iowa State fan, I’m extremely sad that like all Breece Hall and Lazard are injured. Hopefully Montgomery can stay healthy for a change.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The NFL should mandate that all fields are natural grass

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

a neat cape posted:

The NFL should mandate that all fields are natural grass

All stadiums will be domes
All stadiums will be grass
All stadiums will have actual good food and craft beer and a whiskey wall by the pour
All stadiums will have cheerleaders
All stadiums will have mascot games and fights to the death during halftime
All stadiums will have opening performances by tribute bands
All stadiums will have one phone with direct line to NFL complaints office
All stadiums will advertise hotlines for suicide prevention and anger management

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Domes? Mods!?????

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

all stadiums must be copies of soldier field complete with the terrible natural turf

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1584692373925552128?t=PqX2Qr5CKrq1xgOVkRpHZg&s=19

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Gatts posted:

All stadiums will be domes
All stadiums will be grass
All stadiums will have actual good food and craft beer and a whiskey wall by the pour
All stadiums will have cheerleaders
All stadiums will have mascot games and fights to the death during halftime
All stadiums will have opening performances by tribute bands
All stadiums will have one phone with direct line to NFL complaints office
All stadiums will advertise hotlines for suicide prevention and anger management

All stadiums must be located above the latitude 42N to ensure adequate snow games

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

BlindSite posted:

Kyler Murray - jury is still kind of out
Daniel Jones - same as above but maybe the light has come on in a friendly offense?
Dwayne Haskins - Past away in Apirl

This is really funny to me

Okay
Okay
Rip

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
When the Steelers got Haskins I was super salty because I figured they'd turn him into a ten year starter.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
Rodgers' YPA is way down this year compared to the rest of his career also. Again, maybe because he doesn't have any one great receiver, but also could be a sign of declining accuracy and arm strength.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Jivesauce posted:

Rodgers' YPA is way down this year compared to the rest of his career also. Again, maybe because he doesn't have any one great receiver, but also could be a sign of declining accuracy and arm strength.

his oline has been poo poo as well

nopants
May 29, 2004
denver should trade for chase daniel

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yes put a Missouri QB on the Broncos and the circle of hate will be complete.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

Yes put a Missouri QB on the Broncos and the circle of hate will be complete.

Blaine Gabbert to the Broncos confirmed.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Trade to get Drew Lock back.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

TheBizzness posted:

more and more people are saying this

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dolphins will only play in stadiums where their opponents are 30+ degrees hotter

If you disagree you can give me some dome aka stfu

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

TheBizzness posted:

You can have Drew Lock back but you have to take Cody Barton too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Dolphins will only play in stadiums where their opponents are 30+ degrees hotter

If you disagree you can give me some dome aka stfu

i agree with you, but it's a figurative version of the word hotter. you can't get out of this no matter how good of an attorney you might have or be