Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It was very clear yesterday that brady does not want to do anything other than quick slants, and if his one deep read isn't there immediately he's checking it down. the stats kind of hide what the game looked like, but he's not letting plays develop and not looking for second options at the 2nd and 3rd lvl. Several times in the second half yesterday on 3rd and long, he'd just check down for 2 yards and the panthers would swarm. The plays never stood a chance. This gets hidden in the stat sheet because his completion percentage was high but he might as well have been tossing incompletions.

The bucs also turned it over on downs twice, which aren't officially turnovers but were both instances of the panthers jumping short routes/end arounds/quick hitters. Especially in the red zone they didn't respect brady at all.

The difference between the national broadcast and the panthers guys is pretty start. National guys blame every missed pass on receivers, or the offensive line, etc. On the Panthers broadcast, Delhomme and Kuechly were throwing him under the bus. Also kueckly is a really a joy to listen to and if you get the chance this year, i'd recommend it.

The weirdest thing was at the end of the game after they went down 21-3, the bucs gave up with about 7 minutes left and didn't use their timeouts for the rest of the game. Brady was still moving them pretty well between the twenties, and the panthers offense had gone three and out like 80% of the day, but the Panthers were starting to get close to him on pressures. Pretty obvious brady didn't want to go back out A. in obvious passing situations and B. in situations where he couldn't just check down.

Delhomme straight up said they were giving up. Kuechly agreed with him.

The Panthers low key have a good offensive line now, and their gameplan was what it should have been all year. But maybe the bucs defense would have played better if brady could have sustained a drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Didn’t Mac Jones kick people after being sacked, too?

You sack me, I sack you

Tried to break burns’ ankle.

Later in the game, Burns blew through the line on a sick move and lit up a running back a split second after mac had handed off. It was the biggest hit I’ve ever seen him deliver and if that had been play action he would have killed Jones. He was loving livid.