Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
The thing they don’t tell you about immortality is that it sucks rear end. Take it from me, I’m thousands of years old and I would not recommend it.

You’re still basically the same human physiologically, more or less, except without the aging part. You have the memory capacity for one lifetime. Fun fact, when I started out people would live about 30-40 years, so the thing where old people lose their memory wasn’t a big problem back then. My point is, try to fit a few thousand years of memories into your brain and you’re going to forget 99% of it.

How old am I? I don’t know. We didn’t have dates back then, you just had to count. I lost count a long time ago, and I’ve been lying to people about my age for so long that I can’t even remember what year I’m telling them anymore. My guess is about 6000 years, give or take.

Sure, I’ve been married. I lost count of those too. Maybe once every couple of centuries. Marriages were not quite so formal at the beginning. You got with a chick and next thing you know she was sleeping next to your fire and that was it. I don’t remember any of their names or faces anymore. I do remember that they do not take it well when they age and you don’t.

No, I didn’t witness any interesting historical events. I was hanged by some Romans or Greeks. They eventually let me go but they branded my rear end. One time crusaders killed my entire family. Another time I was enslaved by muslim warlords. I’ve been mostly trying to avoid conflicts since then.

And yes, I am 5’2. That was pretty tall back a few millennia ago. These days I’m supposedly a short king. I still look 25 so I have to know these things or else I can’t talk to anyone. Hanging out with recent college grads who think I’m their bro is the worst. Oh, where did I go to school? University of Ur, I majored in Assyrian Studies.

Your day to day problems are so boring to me. Soon you will be dead and I’ll forget your name and face and everything else about you. I tried to keep a journal. Now I have like 3 dozen volumes in Aramaic, Greek, Arabic, and some language I don’t even recognize. I don’t remember how to speak any of those languages anymore.

I have no idea where I was born or when. I have to keep inventing new identities every few year, getting new friends, avoiding people I previously knew. There’s a lot of packing up and starting over involved. Even if you meet people who are cool with it they’ll just die. Also nobody is cool with it. They all have some bizarre thing they’re fascinated with like, like whether I met jesus or if my sperm dies after I bust. I didn’t and I don’t know.

What was I saying? Right, living forever is like that move groundhogs day except every day you get a new cast and everyone from yesterday is dead. So if you have the option, I suggest not living forever.

PS: I wrote the script for highlander to see if it would bring out any other immortals. So far nothing. I had nothing to do with the second one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jtpf8N5IDE

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Immortal problems: everything rusts or cracks eventually. You basically can’t keep anything nice unless it’s a stone or made of gold.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I have a question for you: Was there a connection between the angels in The Prophecy and the immortals of Highlander?

A working theory my friends and I had were that immortals of Highlander were actually reincarnated angels/devils who fought in the war in Heaven.

Also, how did you feel when Legion came out? Do you think it was inspired by The Prophecy?

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 27 days!)

talking a poo poo every day or every other day.

forever

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

What would happen if you were to get shot in the head?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

And yes, I am 5’2. That was pretty tall back a few millennia ago. These days I’m supposedly a short king.

:lmao:

hows the short on everything else working out for you king?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

roomtone posted:

talking a poo poo every day or every other day.

forever

It's the best part of being alive, binch.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
If you've been branded, then you could be tatted, right? I think you should get some cool tattoos to help you remember things. You can use them to get into the Pen 15 club, which is where other cool immortals hang out. Also you should keep a cum jug, just for fun. And how has it been, working in the world's oldest profession? Can you make me some new horseshoes? Have you ever gone into the ocean do you know the wolf man have you ever been in an airplane

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, think of all the sorrow you would take on, outliving people. Like generations, gone, all the memories. There has to be a limit so the sorrow isn’t overwhelming. Research shows that people generally want to live to about 170 years old, even 30-40 years past biological fertility. Just a matter of setting the sleeping giant, collective opinion.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
OP so senile he conflates life expectancy at birth with the average lifespan of adults. Just because a whole of babies died aged zero in those days doesn't mean 30 was some kind of ripe old age that adults died at.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I don't even want to live now, why would I want to do it forever?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i don't remember poo poo from last week so living forever sounds cool i could just watch the same tv show every 5 years like i do now forever

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

jim plays such good pranks on dwight boy howdy

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I lived forever once.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

have y'all seen the jinx? hope they get that robert durst before he dies of being a billion years old

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

What is going to happen to you when the sun swallows the Earth?

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

The Management posted:

The thing they don’t tell you about immortality is that it sucks rear end. Take it from me, I’m thousands of years old and I would not recommend it.

You’re still basically the same human physiologically, more or less, except without the aging part. You have the memory capacity for one lifetime. Fun fact, when I started out people would live about 30-40 years, so the thing where old people lose their memory wasn’t a big problem back then. My point is, try to fit a few thousand years of memories into your brain and you’re going to forget 99% of it.

How old am I? I don’t know. We didn’t have dates back then, you just had to count. I lost count a long time ago, and I’ve been lying to people about my age for so long that I can’t even remember what year I’m telling them anymore. My guess is about 6000 years, give or take.

Sure, I’ve been married. I lost count of those too. Maybe once every couple of centuries. Marriages were not quite so formal at the beginning. You got with a chick and next thing you know she was sleeping next to your fire and that was it. I don’t remember any of their names or faces anymore. I do remember that they do not take it well when they age and you don’t.

No, I didn’t witness any interesting historical events. I was hanged by some Romans or Greeks. They eventually let me go but they branded my rear end. One time crusaders killed my entire family. Another time I was enslaved by muslim warlords. I’ve been mostly trying to avoid conflicts since then.

And yes, I am 5’2. That was pretty tall back a few millennia ago. These days I’m supposedly a short king. I still look 25 so I have to know these things or else I can’t talk to anyone. Hanging out with recent college grads who think I’m their bro is the worst. Oh, where did I go to school? University of Ur, I majored in Assyrian Studies.

Your day to day problems are so boring to me. Soon you will be dead and I’ll forget your name and face and everything else about you. I tried to keep a journal. Now I have like 3 dozen volumes in Aramaic, Greek, Arabic, and some language I don’t even recognize. I don’t remember how to speak any of those languages anymore.

I have no idea where I was born or when. I have to keep inventing new identities every few year, getting new friends, avoiding people I previously knew. There’s a lot of packing up and starting over involved. Even if you meet people who are cool with it they’ll just die. Also nobody is cool with it. They all have some bizarre thing they’re fascinated with like, like whether I met jesus or if my sperm dies after I bust. I didn’t and I don’t know.

What was I saying? Right, living forever is like that move groundhogs day except every day you get a new cast and everyone from yesterday is dead. So if you have the option, I suggest not living forever.

PS: I wrote the script for highlander to see if it would bring out any other immortals. So far nothing. I had nothing to do with the second one.

Actual immortals don’t mention how old they are, because it’s not really a factor. Liar spotted

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Thr idea that I one day will die terrifies me. Give me immortality any day.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

I saw that movie. It was really good.

the man from earth

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
This reminds me of a short story I read where a scientist accidentally gives immortality to a barely literate Glaswegian hooker and she lives for millions of years on her own, even long enough for all remnants of humanity to vanish, aliens to arrive and start a new civilisation which she also outlives, and the only thing she really does is complain about how her teeth hurt and she’s bored of being alive but can’t kill herself because she’s immortal.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

PokeJoe posted:

have y'all seen the jinx? hope they get that robert durst before he dies of being a billion years old

he died this year op

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

he got what he deserved, being dead. i can't wait to learn he died again in the future, when i forget

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Torquemada posted:

This reminds me of a short story I read where a scientist accidentally gives immortality to a barely literate Glaswegian hooker and she lives for millions of years on her own, even long enough for all remnants of humanity to vanish, aliens to arrive and start a new civilisation which she also outlives, and the only thing she really does is complain about how her teeth hurt and she’s bored of being alive but can’t kill herself because she’s immortal.

i bet shes a pretty good hooker after all that time. its the little things

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Torquemada posted:

So did she do hooker stuff with the aliens or what?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Mooey Cow posted:

So did she do hooker stuff with the aliens or what?

You know, I don’t think she did? I think she’d accepted that anything that happened was basically irrelevant to her, because nothing was going to last long enough to matter to her in any way, including thousand year old civilisations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you know if i thought i'd never die i'd lose the fear of syphilis

PokeJoe fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Oct 21, 2022

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Confusedslight posted:

Thr idea that I one day will die terrifies me. Give me immortality any day.

whats your plan for the end of the universe after having countless loved ones die

also theres no more video games or pot

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

OP, dry humorist or ranting raving schizo? You be the judge. :byodame: :tinfoil:

poronty
Oct 19, 2006
a hung Aryan
nm

poronty fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 21, 2022

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnUOpQR4esw

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Floating in the cold featureless void, the heat death of the universe nearly done, when a Boltzmann brain spontaneously appears near me.

But it can’t speak to me as my first companionship in eons for it has no means to :smithicide:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just jump into a black hole when you get bored, you won't die and you might get a light years' long spaghetti dick

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdCB9yE9Hcc

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

You Are A Elf posted:

Floating in the cold featureless void, the heat death of the universe nearly done, when a Boltzmann brain spontaneously appears near me.

But it can’t speak to me as my first companionship in eons for it has no means to :smithicide:

Here's your brain floating in the void, in a Mi-go cylinder:

It looks like those naughty aliens forgot all about you (or died from the creeping cosmic cold)! Oh dear, you will never have sensory attachments connected to your cylinder again. But take, err, cold comfort in the fact that you can imagine all the demons you want in your mind's eye (like you imagined the "Boltzmann brain"), as you quickly escalate into stark, staring madness.

Thoughts & prayers. And I hope you have a god to pray to, other than the Great Old Ones.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Oct 21, 2022

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Permanent madness isn't so bad imo just let go of the ego and then it's just a cool show

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
What is the biggest dump you've ever taken

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Biggest in what sense? Length, weight, apperance, volume?

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
About 2 kilos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Like objectively speaking what is the bigger dook, a 4 gallon bucket of diarrhea or a medium sized turd?