Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
some like it hot

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

share ur rice cooker recipes and antics ITT. please enjoy ^_^ :nyan:

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

rice

hth :)

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
u can put ur weed in there

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

vanisher

you ever wonder if someone in a wetlands area was soaking their rice cooker after trying to make bbq in it or something and then maybe a curious frog jumped in cause it looked like a badass little cave, but then in a freak accident the lid CLOSED on it and it cooked the frog

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

vanisher

I’m just saying what if it smelled really good and you were REALLY hungry

vanisher

then you’re out in the marsh trying to lure frogs into your frog cooker

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Coffee

Brownies

Hot Fruit Compote

watho

vanisher posted:

you ever wonder if someone in a wetlands area was soaking their rice cooker after trying to make bbq in it or something and then maybe a curious frog jumped in cause it looked like a badass little cave, but then in a freak accident the lid CLOSED on it and it cooked the frog

i’m not a frog but i did this once

Manifisto

you can make a nice rice cooker stew!

ingredients:
- rice cooker
- rice
- water

first chop up your rice cooker. I find a butcher's cleaver really helps bash through the shell of the rice cooker to expose the delicious innards, not unlike breaking bones to get at the delicious marrow.

add 1 cup uncooked rice, your rice cooker chunks, and 1.5 cups water (or vegetable broth to add flavor while keeping it vegan!), to another rice cooker

cook on brown rice setting

garnish with sliced spring onion

and there you have it! piping hot, delicious rice cooker stew

there is a more advanced technique in which you chop off parts of the rice cooker as it's cooking and add them to the stew. the trick becomes trimming every last part off the rice cooker while leaving it technically operable. when it's ready, the remains of the rice cooker becomes an edible "bread bowl" for your stew!

ty nesamdoom!

watho

Manifisto posted:

ingredients:
- rice cooker
- rice
- water

first chop up your rice cooker. I find a butcher's cleaver really helps bash through the shell of the rice cooker to expose the delicious innards, not unlike breaking bones to get at the delicious marrow.

add 1 cup uncooked rice, your rice cooker chunks, and 1.5 cups water (or vegetable broth to add flavor while keeping it vegan!), to another rice cooker

there is a more advanced technique in which you chop off parts of the rice cooker as it's cooking and add them to the stew. the trick becomes trimming every last part off the rice cooker while leaving it technically operable. when it's ready, the remains of the rice cooker becomes an edible "bread bowl" for your stew!

lol

Areola Grande

Manifisto posted:

ingredients:
- rice cooker
- rice
- water

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I grow tarragon in my rice cooker.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

vanisher posted:

i ate frogs legs once, they were ok, like tiny chicken legs, but i was sad afterwards because it seems really mean to chop a frogs legs off just to eat them and they're not even that good. might as well eat chicken legs. i feel a bit sorry for chickens but at least you can eat the whole chicken, so it's not a waste.

xcheopis

If you don't put the lid back on, you can boil potatoes.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Areola Grande

xcheopis posted:

If you don't put the lid back on, you can boil potatoes.

finally a straight answer sheesh :thanks:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i guess u could eat a whole frog if u were super hungry

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
or if u were a heron

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

god makes food, we only prepare it

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

i guess you could use the rice cooker as a bioreactor or something to make some food

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

playing god in my rice cooker and accidentally making a sentient primordial ooze

vanisher

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

god makes food, we only prepare it

emblazoned on the side of my rice cooker

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

we are all just food in god's big rice cooker

Areola Grande

vanisher posted:

emblazoned on the side of my rice cooker

:pray: live laugh lentils

Areola Grande

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

we are all just food in god's big rice cooker

I'm a stinky boiled bratwurst :evilbuddy:

Shifty Nipples

pretend i emptyquoted this entire series of posts

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Shifty Nipples

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

playing god in my rice cooker and accidentally making a sentient primordial ooze

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

watho

not really cooking but you can use it for a nice hot bath. here i’ve drawn one up for you get in you deserve a nice hot bath.

:twisted:

vanisher

watho posted:

not really cooking but you can use it for a nice hot bath. here i’ve drawn one up for you get in you deserve a nice hot bath.

:twisted:

watho is whispering this lovingly to a frog as we speak

biosterous

my rice cooker has a steam tray and allegedly you can steam vegetals in it but i haven't tried yet

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Areola Grande posted:

:pray: live laugh lentils

Manifisto

realtalk this thread made me realize I have never tried making anything besides rice in a rice cooker

so last night as an experiment I tried making shrimp teriyaki in my rice cooker

turns out there's a pretty good reason not to use the rice cooker when you can just cook food the normal way

now maybe I just picked a bad recipe, or a bad type of recipe, there's no reason it shouldn't be able to steam stuff normally, except you don't have control over the amount of time it's steaming and a regular rice cycle is probably too long

the baby peas were particularly egregious, those puppies need a bare minimum of cooking and they were way overdone. the sauce also came out bad. it was just--bad!

ty nesamdoom!

Areola Grande

Manifisto posted:

realtalk this thread made me realize I have never tried making anything besides rice in a rice cooker

so last night as an experiment I tried making shrimp teriyaki in my rice cooker

turns out there's a pretty good reason not to use the rice cooker when you can just cook food the normal way

now maybe I just picked a bad recipe, or a bad type of recipe, there's no reason it shouldn't be able to steam stuff normally, except you don't have control over the amount of time it's steaming and a regular rice cycle is probably too long

the baby peas were particularly egregious, those puppies need a bare minimum of cooking and they were way overdone. the sauce also came out bad. it was just--bad!

good job I definitely won't try that

Ass-penny

Dr. Honked posted:

or if u were a heron

or if u were on heroin

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

Manifisto posted:

ingredients:
- rice cooker
- rice
- water

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

watho

u can turn a rice cooker inside out and it will cook everything that isn’t inside it #lifehack

caspergers

watho posted:

u can turn a rice cooker inside out and it will cook everything that isn’t inside it #lifehack
:lol:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

nut

toast

w4ddl3d33

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
does your rice cooker have a congee setting? if not, how big is it? we are discussing grain porridges in gws right now and id be happy to report back our findings to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS