Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

you can make a nice rice cooker stew!

ingredients:
- rice cooker
- rice
- water

first chop up your rice cooker. I find a butcher's cleaver really helps bash through the shell of the rice cooker to expose the delicious innards, not unlike breaking bones to get at the delicious marrow.

add 1 cup uncooked rice, your rice cooker chunks, and 1.5 cups water (or vegetable broth to add flavor while keeping it vegan!), to another rice cooker

cook on brown rice setting

garnish with sliced spring onion

and there you have it! piping hot, delicious rice cooker stew

there is a more advanced technique in which you chop off parts of the rice cooker as it's cooking and add them to the stew. the trick becomes trimming every last part off the rice cooker while leaving it technically operable. when it's ready, the remains of the rice cooker becomes an edible "bread bowl" for your stew!

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

realtalk this thread made me realize I have never tried making anything besides rice in a rice cooker

so last night as an experiment I tried making shrimp teriyaki in my rice cooker

turns out there's a pretty good reason not to use the rice cooker when you can just cook food the normal way

now maybe I just picked a bad recipe, or a bad type of recipe, there's no reason it shouldn't be able to steam stuff normally, except you don't have control over the amount of time it's steaming and a regular rice cycle is probably too long

the baby peas were particularly egregious, those puppies need a bare minimum of cooking and they were way overdone. the sauce also came out bad. it was just--bad!

ty nesamdoom!