Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Crysis 2
  • As fun as the ground slam perk might be, a far better use of nanopoints are the skills that save your energy, rather than deplete it in one go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Star Ocean: First Departure

• Do not go into the Abandoned Mine! Or if you do, take out your UMD after getting in there. The game won't load any random encounters. Reinsert the UMD when you get to a new area, repeat. It's a good way to get some neat items early in the game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

and if i die before i play, i pray to Gaben my file to save

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Gears of War 2:

If you want to pick up all the collectibles during your first play through, Achievement Hunter has video guides for all of them.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Sometimes the owl will talk forever and then ask "would you like me to repeat all of that?" and the default answer will be "yes" instead of "no", and I think sometimes the default is "no" or the question is worded differently. So pay close attention so you don't start him up again unintentionally.

lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Drinkslinger posted:

ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON

Always build Information Kiosks first - if you don't have them, that's your #1 priority for research
Then build Shuttle Loop coasters with On-Ride Photo sections and watch the money roll in

the utter joylessness of this one has been rattling around in my head constantly lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

the utter joylessness of this one has been rattling around in my head constantly lol

lol
Zork
left left right get the key forward left left down down left. thank me later.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mbt posted:

lol
Zork
left left right get the key forward left left down down left. thank me later.

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

Lmao

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021

Kongming posted:

Silent Hill 2

If you bump into a guy with a steel contraption on his head wielding a giant sword, it's a good idea to run and don't stop.

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Immortals: Fenyx Rising

(On PS4 at least) This game requires you to have a Ubisoft account if you want to play while you're connected to the internet. You can play offline without an account.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

This is not a joke, Lu Bu will mess you up until you are extremely powerful. His combos do absurd damage, his horse is crazy, he's fast as hell, he attacks you the moment he gets up from being knocked down and he HAS BACKUP in the mission where you can fight him. Do not pursue Lu Bu. Until you are properly prepared/until you have a friend playing next to you so you can collectively whoop his cheating rear end back to the stone age through modest use of teamwork.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

----------------

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao come on

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Sub-Actuality posted:

lmfao

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Drinkslinger posted:

ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON

Always build Information Kiosks first - if you don't have them, that's your #1 priority for research
Then build Shuttle Loop coasters with On-Ride Photo sections and watch the money roll in

Heads up 7 Up - Just open your eyes and look at your shoes if you ever get tapped.

----------------

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Illusion of Gaia
Beyond that, just make sure you kill every enemy in the zone before moving on to get the most stat ups and explore thoroughly, some of the stages (Mu especially) are confusing as hell.

Oh, and the bosses just get more and more annoying, the boss of the desert temple is especially bad if I recall. Oh, and both Soulblazer and Terranigma are much better games in my opinion, but IoG has a certain bizzare charm.

Don't worry too much about getting every single stat-up for killing all the monsters. When you beat the boss of a stage the game will give you all the ones you missed.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Martman posted:

Illusion of Gaia
Beyond that, just make sure you kill every enemy in the zone before moving on to get the most stat ups and explore thoroughly, some of the stages (Mu especially) are confusing as hell.

Oh, and the bosses just get more and more annoying, the boss of the desert temple is especially bad if I recall. Oh, and both Soulblazer and Terranigma are much better games in my opinion, but IoG has a certain bizzare charm.

Don't worry too much about getting every single stat-up for killing all the monsters. When you beat the boss of a stage the game will give you all the ones you missed.

Lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Watch_Dogs

quote:

Are you sure you're not looking for Watch_Dogs 2, aka "the fun one"?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

symbolic posted:

Watch_Dogs

commenting on every Ubisoft game with 'dont'

----------------

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah, don’t. as in don’t spoil any of them by looking up hints like those contained in this thread before starting what is guaranteed to be one of the greatest experiences, gaming or otherwise, of your life

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

symbolic posted:

Watch_Dogs

lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Earthbound

When you get to the Guardian Diggers, leave the third strongest one for last.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

insane anime posted:

Heads up 7 Up - Just open your eyes and look at your shoes if you ever get tapped.

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

The daikatana entry does this and then proceeds to provide a nearly complete walkthrough of the game.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Monster Hunter World
There is effectively no penalty for death. Dying dumps you back in camp with nothing lost. Quests have limited "lives" and if you die that many times, you'll have to restart.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mbt posted:

Monster Hunter World
There is effectively no penalty for death. Dying dumps you back in camp with nothing lost. Quests have limited "lives" and if you die that many times, you'll have to restart.

lmao this is art

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Martman posted:

Earthbound

copy
Jul 26, 2007

mbt posted:

Monster Hunter World

Sub-Actuality posted:

lmao this is art

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Martman posted:

Earthbound

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

mbt posted:

Monster Hunter World
There is effectively no penalty for death. Dying dumps you back in camp with nothing lost.

:hmmyes:

mbt posted:

Quests have limited "lives" and if you die that many times, you'll have to restart.

:hmmno:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Soul Calibur III

BUY/FIND/STEAL/MAKE an EMPTY/CLEARED/SANITARY memory card for this game. Make SC3 the very first thing you save on it and if you have to move it make sure it's the first thing saved to that other card. It can become corrupt as it doesn't play nice when mixed in with other save files. Even if you have enough memory, and rarely move any files, this is the easiest way to save yourself a headache later on.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fungah! posted:

big feels

FANTASY LIFE

For all intents and purposes: "life" = "job"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

insane anime posted: