Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Sailor Video Games posted:

This is something I'm going back and forth on a lot, because at least nominally trans people have civil rights in Canada and the situation in the US is not getting any *less* scary. I'm a citizen and can prove it, so I can in theory bounce any time I feel like, but I have a lot of ties to the US in terms of friends, family, social groups, and given my family left Canada when I was 5 I know absolutely nobody, which at 40 is pretty drat daunting.

In terms of actual advice, uh..in Montreal itself you can probably get by not knowing French, but god help you if you ever go out to the suburbs.

Do you have a Canadian passport? Like if you have one of those cards with your face on it from when you were real young that might be good enough but a passport would probably make your life way easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU