Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I think this subforum has quite a few gardeners who unlike me don't kill every plant they touch. Please post your plants, setups, etc, I love seeing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

There is also some pretty neat stuff out there regarding DIY hydroponic stuff. Haven't really looked into it though.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

echinopsis posted:

kinda wish I had the motivation to become a tomato dad

it's rough brother, i completely neglected my tomatoes last year and they did so much better than this year where i was actively taking care of them

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jonny 290 posted:

trying to figure out some plants i can run on the porch in the winter

was honestly considering planting tiny evergreens in the pots and then transplanting them to a nice field in the spring

Mediaphage is probably the expert here but I haven't seen them post in a while now. Any type of green e.g. collards, spinach, kale, boy choy, etc. Also most herbs do fine in the winter, although if you have frost in your area just keep an active eye on them.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Brought my curry plant inside and my cats ate about half the leaves. ~_~

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Herbs have once again been planted. 🙏

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

spinach has sprouted, shall be eating delicious greens in 6 weeks :letsgo:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

anyone growing weed?

my mint wont die -_-

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jenny Agutter posted:

climbing French beans, although while looking that up I read a lot of reviews that these are not great beans for eating oops. maybe I’ll pull them up and try something else

you can saute these with potatoes and season with classic indian spices (cumin, coriander, chili powder, and tumeric) for a quick veggie dish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/french-bean-recipe-indian-recipe-with-french-beans-potatoes/

something like this