Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

nice. what kind of bean we talking here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i let a big patch of raspberries grow wild on our lawn, hoping we can get some berries this year. the old canes put out a lot of flowers, but i’ve still got to kill off a lot of thistle, common buckthorn, and a few other weeds. plus water since it’s been a drat month without significant rain.

the raspberries are interspersed with lots of heart-leaved aster (or possibly a similar related species). they’re pretty weedy and have spread everywhere, but the bees go fuckin wild over them come autumn so i’m all for it.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

neat.

i'm slowly expanding my natives collection. just put in some wild geranium and virginia bluebells, which are dormant now so they won't pop up till next year.

the couple blazing stars i put up are doing pretty good, but got blown over by a storm

you can also see a canada black snakeroot on the right side (the plant with all the burs), and a ton of the white arrow-leaved aster/heart-leaved aster/etc. i suspect they may be closer to the white arrow-leaved asters since they seem to tolerate sun ok. also a white wild indigo in the bottom right, still really tiny.

going to try and propagate the snakeroot, looks like you can't really buy seeds anywhere. a common plant from what i can tell, but i can add it to the natives collection under my trees.

i'm also going to try and plant a big row of american hazelnut. it's a bit unruly but it'll produce small hazelnuts on relatively short shrubs, plus has some nice looking fall foliage.