Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
TCU took over the Big 12

https://twitter.com/TCEonSGPN/status/1584015882849689601

Texas A&M bought every player in their No. 1 recruiting class so they could go 5-7

https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1584020041011728385

Oregon won in ugly fashion

https://twitter.com/KyleKoster/status/1583907952045719552

Texas forgot how to score in the second half

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1583966815016796160

Dumb poo poo

https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1583293599521071104

I'm sure some other poo poo happened. I didn't watch much football today, but all you bitches are too lazy to make an aftermath thread apparently

Edit: Oh yeah Tulane kicked the absolute poo poo out of Memphis

https://twitter.com/Crimealytics/status/1583946855331024897

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I feel like it should be the law that if you recruit the #1 class and can't even go bowling your buyout immediately voids

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Just noting some transitive UGA scores:

- UGA beat SCAR by like 70 and the Cocks dominated A&M tonight
- UGA beat Oregon by like 80 and they look really good otherwise
- UGA was a hair away from losing to Mizzou, who was a hair away from losing to Vanderbilt

Weird season.

also Marshawn Lynch dropped a "motherfuckers" during a sideline interview, very nice.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

- UGA was a hair away from losing to Mizzou, who was a hair away from losing to Vanderbilt

IIRC, Vandy was demolished by Georgia to such a degree last week that they were sent to an alternate dimension where the university was never founded

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Oregon imposed their will pretty early on against the last unbeaten team in the Pac 12 and never let up. Bo Nix and the offense are humming to the point where the defense only has to get a couple of stops and games get out of reach. The 2nd quarter recovered onside really set the tone for the entire game.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1584024219637075971

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

A co-worker said he was going to the OSU-Iowa game with his dad, but has previously said that his dad spent most of the Notre Dame game having crippling anxiety attacks while watching on TV, so I can't wait to hear about how many times his dad pulled a Red Foxx and yelled out "It's the big one!" during the first half.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I like how he realizes he should not have said motherfucker, then just blows by poo poo

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

terps bowl eligible gently caress yeah

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Well Northwestern had a halftime lead and looked like an actual football team and have a new scrambly quarterback. Did they win the game? Of course not. Iowa game should be insanely funny.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 23, 2022

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
WVU :(

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

In theory TCU could lose the rest of their games and I would have still been happy for this squad to have 7 wins, had I been asked in July or so. Maybe 8 if I were feeling frisky.

Instead, we keep managing to win ugly with incredible second halves. Probably not a sustainable formula, but it's pretty drat entertaining.

Got to go to a game this year after a long absence. Even with hearing protection, Amon Carter stadium can be loud when fans are bought in. And considering they had 6,000 odd students at the game from a undergrad population of 10k, there's some pretty awesome buy-in.

Now... Stop rushing the field after every game. :okboomer:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1583965115853856768

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Syracuse still hasn't solved it biggest weakness, Clemson backup QBs

I think of lot of Georgia-Oregon can be chalked up to week 1 weirndess with a new coach. If they played again, Georgia would win but by a normal amount and not a gazillion. Sucks for Oregon that loss is basically a DQ from the playoff

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

what happen to Texas?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Syracuse still hasn't solved it biggest weakness, Clemson backup QBs

I think of lot of Georgia-Oregon can be chalked up to week 1 weirndess with a new coach. If they played again, Georgia would win but by a normal amount and not a gazillion. Sucks for Oregon that loss is basically a DQ from the playoff

We'll have to settle for blasting Michigan in the Rose Bowl :(

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I. M. Gei posted:

what happen to Texas?

Turns out Quinn Ewers isn't quite there yet and Oklahoma State can play a little football?

quote:

Ewers completed just 19 of 49 passes for 319 yards with two touchdowns. However, he threw three interceptions, including a game-clincher in the final minute.

I mean 319 and two TDs on 19 completions is kind of impressive, if it weren't for the other stuff going on in that quote.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If the Cowboys should win Bedlam this year for the second time in a row we know why Oklahoma ran away to the SEC. There is nothing more sacred to OU than owning that rivalry.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Reggie Ball redeemed

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nervous posted:

I remember the last time we played Michigan :unsmith:

I only caught the second half but UCLA was never a threat by that point, this was better than the 15-point gap would indicate. Good Bo was all over this game, and the swagger the offense is playing with is unreal. Oregon scored on all seven possessions before the end of the game kneel-a-thon to kill the clock.

No clue what this means for the national picture or playoff seeds, that’s all out of our control, but at least we’re leaving defenses charred husks again. And count me as hating the pinkwashing uniforms as well.

Lmao Texas, what a stupid way to lose that game.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
A&M/Florida is going to be an epic showdown of mediocrity.

I hope something interesting like TCU sneaking into the championship happens this season.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

A&M/Florida is going to be an epic showdown of mediocrity.

Achane is going to run for 400yds lol

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I regret thinking Pitt would be good this season. The offense is downright embarrassing.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Tennessee won and we got to see some of the depth chart we haven’t seen play yet. The next two weeks are going to really show what we’re capable of - vs. UK and @UGA.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Watching football club for United States Texas makes you feel unhappy. Footballers are unwelcome to make wins. Sarkesian leads sorrow to your home.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I'm glad ok State won and a bunch of true freshman on offense played really well. Here's hoping Stephon Johnson Jr is the next great Cowboys receiver

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Thermos H Christ posted:

Watching football club for United States Texas makes you feel unhappy. Footballers are unwelcome to make wins. Sarkesian leads sorrow to your home.
Forever lol you dumb dumbs thought THIS TIME you'll be the ones to unlock the sarkesian magic.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

WE FINALLY BEAT AGGY

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

RumbleFish posted:

WE FINALLY BEAT AGGY

Watching Jimbo fail is sweet, but watching a bunch of dumb oil-rich Texans let him skate with 90M guaranteed while the entire class transfers will be even sweeter.

Beamer seems like a super cultural fit for you guys, I’m glad y’all picked him up. He’s very Columbia, but somehow in a good way lol (not the way I usually use it).

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hopefully Tennessee gets some people back next week, we had a ton of players out yesterday.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Nervous posted:

I hope Michigan makes the playoff so that I don’t have to deal with the fallout in my house if this game happens.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

RumbleFish posted:

WE FINALLY BEAT AGGY

Hell yeah.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Hopefully Tennessee gets some people back next week, we had a ton of players out yesterday.

There were several that were purposefully held out that could have played. Big things would be that we get Tillman and McCullough back for Kentucky.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Can't believe James Coley is part of yet another world-historical terrible offense

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LeeMajors posted:

Watching Jimbo fail is sweet, but watching a bunch of dumb oil-rich Texans let him skate with 90M guaranteed while the entire class transfers will be even sweeter.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Asproigerosis posted:

Forever lol you dumb dumbs thought THIS TIME you'll be the ones to unlock the sarkesian magic.

The real Sark magic is winning 7 games every season no matter how good or bad the roster is

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Vols defense needs to tighten up

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Chieves posted:

In theory TCU could lose the rest of their games and I would have still been happy for this squad to have 7 wins, had I been asked in July or so. Maybe 8 if I were feeling frisky.

Instead, we keep managing to win ugly with incredible second halves. Probably not a sustainable formula, but it's pretty drat entertaining.

Got to go to a game this year after a long absence. Even with hearing protection, Amon Carter stadium can be loud when fans are bought in. And considering they had 6,000 odd students at the game from a undergrad population of 10k, there's some pretty awesome buy-in.

Now... Stop rushing the field after every game. :okboomer:

Blasphemer!

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

Blue Raider posted:

Vols defense needs to tighten up

I think we had 5 out - Burrell (season), Mitchell, Charles, Crawford, and Hadden. I think Charles and Hadden return next week. Not sure about Juwan Mitchell, Crawford, or the now injured Brandon Turnage. We got pretty deep into the depth chart on defense.

edit: I think it’s pretty likely we see McCollough back next week. I would say the same about Cedric Tillman, but I’m not all that familiar with his injury and healing process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Northwestern vs. Iowa should be incredible. Northwestern's run defense is abysmal, Iowa's offense is Iowa. My guess is that because Iowa has an elite defense well Northwestern is basically a DII team, Iowa will absolutely and utterly destroy them at home by just running at our lovely linebackers, but it is possible that Petras is so bad that Northwestern might be able to keep it close.