Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

N 0 0 I

in the fourth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

Northwestern vs. Iowa should be incredible. Northwestern's run defense is abysmal, Iowa's offense is Iowa. My guess is that because Iowa has an elite defense well Northwestern is basically a DII team, Iowa will absolutely and utterly destroy them at home by just running at our lovely linebackers, but it is possible that Petras is so bad that Northwestern might be able to keep it close.

Petras got benched yesterday but don’t worry the backup still has Ferentz stink all over him.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Zifnab posted:

The real Sark magic is winning 7 games every season no matter how good or bad the roster is

I mean he wasn't called Seven Win Steve for no reason!

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Texas plays Kansas with maybe a healthy Jalon Daniels, k State, TCU and Baylor to end the season are we sure they can get to seven wins

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Chucktesla posted:

Texas plays Kansas with maybe a healthy Jalon Daniels, k State, TCU and Baylor to end the season are we sure they can get to seven wins

I think we can take Baylor.

Pretty sure

Don't quote me on that

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/collegegameday/status/1584220628684484608?s=46&t=NAQrSfHwhVNrT8SbUOUtOw

downout
Jul 6, 2009

:rubby:

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2022/10/kirk-ferentz-is-failing-iowas-fans-and-his-son-brian-ferentz-should-be-fired-doug-lesmerises.html

quote:

Brian Ferentz is making $900,000 this season as an adult employed in a job. The amateur quarterbacks don’t make that.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Was nice to smash Minnesota last night. Wasn't expecting that kind of a performance.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

What's up with the U? Obliterated at home by both MTSU and Duke. Eight turnovers yesterday.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

D.N. Nation posted:

What's up with the U? Obliterated at home by both MTSU and Duke. Eight turnovers yesterday.

they're lovely and bad!

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I do not miss Mario Cristobal. He did leave the ducks with good lines though.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ehud posted:

they're lovely and bad!

checks out!

Never got the Cristobal hype.

- Decent seasons at a mid-major. Brady Hoke did that.
- Turned Justin Herbert and playing in a gawd-awful conference into some hollow 10-win seasons.
- Bailed on his players.
- The usual lunk-head conservatism seen in mediocre coaches the nation over.

Did score a ton of points on '21 Ohio State, though join the club on that one buddy

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Iowas offense is appalling. They looked like they were point shaving.

I’ve never seen a game where one team scored over 50 points and thought “well you can’t blame the defense”

Also this quote from Barta sure doesn’t make it seem like Brian Ferentz reports to him and not Kirk:

“First of all, Kirk’s been doing this for a long time,” Barta said. “I’ve been with him for 17 years, and at the end of the year, he evaluates every part of the program, every staff member. And that’s what I know he’ll do this year.

“In the meantime, we have five games. He’s never changed staff members in the middle of the season. That’s his plan now, and I’m going to support him, and at the end of the season, we’ll see where it goes.”

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 23, 2022

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

D.N. Nation posted:

checks out!

- Turned Justin Herbert and playing in a gawd-awful conference into some hollow 10-win seasons.
- Bailed on his players.

Did score a ton of points on '21 Ohio State, though join the club on that one buddy

Even Saban lost to ULM his first season at Bama.

I’d be a lot more worried about Jimbo

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

$95M can buy you a competitive game in the 4th, but wins aren’t in the contract :(

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

Northwestern vs. Iowa should be incredible. Northwestern's run defense is abysmal, Iowa's offense is Iowa. My guess is that because Iowa has an elite defense well Northwestern is basically a DII team, Iowa will absolutely and utterly destroy them at home by just running at our lovely linebackers, but it is possible that Petras is so bad that Northwestern might be able to keep it close.

It'll be a rock fight, but measured in geological timescales.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Did anything particularly interesting or impactful happen yesterday? Oregon UCLA maybe? Aggies/Cocks?

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Zwabu posted:

Did anything particularly interesting or impactful happen yesterday? Oregon UCLA maybe? Aggies/Cocks?

Kent State took down Akron, of course

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

PostNouveau posted:

Edit: Oh yeah Tulane kicked the absolute poo poo out of Memphis

https://twitter.com/Crimealytics/status/1583946855331024897

Sadly, after yesterday that probably won't stay true.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

All this semi-ironic Tulane poo poo talk is going to manifest an LSU/Tulane bowl game into existence and LSU is going to hang 70 on em.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Tennessee only had one ranked win last week but LSU is ranked again does that mean we have 2 this week?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
There’s been some progress this season - defense is looking better than it has in a bit and line play is improved, but Sark was never going to be the long term answer. Frustrating team to watch because they can’t play 4 full quarters of sound football and finish games. Also way too many penalties yesterday.

Still laughing my rear end off at A&M - paying a dipshit hilljack 90 mil for this. God we all live in such a stupid state full of stupid rich people.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 23, 2022

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

D.N. Nation posted:

checks out!

- Bailed on his players.

Cristobal is an allegedly elite recruiter, but his X and O's suck

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Cristobal is an allegedly elite recruiter, but his X and O's suck

Oregon lines are a result of his recruiting. He’s very good at that specifically.

Expect awful vanilla offenses that don’t live up to expectations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Joey Freshwater posted:

Tennessee only had one ranked win last week but LSU is ranked again does that mean we have 2 this week?

It doesn’t matter at all so just make up whatever number makes you feel good enough to stop taking about it.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Roasted Donut posted:

Was nice to smash Minnesota last night. Wasn't expecting that kind of a performance.

Because I was helping out a guy I know I worked the visting tunnel for this game. Holy poo poo is the whiteout loud. I had to spend about 9 hours on my feet but it was a hell of an experience.

The guy I know was chatting up Miles Sanders and Trace McSorely and apparently they are both really nice cool dudes.

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.
South Carolina is ranked lol, things will go terribly from here on.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

YOLOsubmarine posted:

All this semi-ironic Tulane poo poo talk is going to manifest an LSU/Tulane bowl game into existence and LSU is going to hang 70 on em.

Nah, LSU would get whooped or simply not show up out of fear.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

D.N. Nation posted:

Just noting some transitive UGA scores:

- UGA beat SCAR by like 70 and the Cocks dominated A&M tonight

I wouldn’t say they dominated, Aggies out gained them 398-286 and had a 23-13 advantage in first downs. Of course the points are all that matters and congrats to South Carolina for winning the game, but spotting them that 17-0 lead 6 minutes in the form of a kickoff return and an errant snap in was a pretty lightning-strike fluky occurrence.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I’m not too worried about Jimbo, the beauty of the contract is that nobody even has to worry about whether to fire him or not- the program and Jimbo are handcuffed together and are just going to have to figure out how to make it work. That stability is an asset- you can afford a down year and still recruit and hire assistants with full confidence that he’s not a lame duck.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

When's the first playoff ranking

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

General Dog posted:

That stability is an asset- you can afford a down year and still recruit and hire assistants with full confidence that he’s not a lame duck.

:chloe:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Zwabu posted:

Ole miss lost and Oregon dominated UCLA.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

General Dog posted:

I’m not too worried about Jimbo, the beauty of the contract is that nobody even has to worry about whether to fire him or not- the program and Jimbo are handcuffed together and are just going to have to figure out how to make it work. That stability is an asset- you can afford a down year and still recruit and hire assistants with full confidence that he’s not a lame duck.

I’m not so sure about that. Aggie boosters have proven that they’re willing to spend almost any amount of money to avoid being embarrassed in football. That’s why they gave Jimbo 100 million dollars in the first place.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m not so sure about that. Aggie boosters have proven that they’re willing to spend almost any amount of money to avoid being embarrassed in football. That’s why they gave Jimbo 100 million dollars in the first place.

Perhaps, but buying out Jimbo within the next few seasons would be way more embarrassing and damaging to program perception than, say, six more years of 6-8 win football.

As a fan, I’d much rather we continue to pay him for disappointing football than to pay him to do nothing and then pay someone else for more of the same.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It doesn’t matter at all so just make up whatever number makes you feel good enough to stop taking about it.

Lol it will never stop being funny

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t know why Tennesse fans are so insecure your clearly a good team and I haven’t seen anyone dispute that

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s more that whenever ESPN or whoever says we have 4 (or whatever) ranked wins people melt down and “well actually” because some of those teams aren’t ranked anymore.

It’s fun to poke the bear is all. I’ve acknowledged the current ranking are dumb and that the playoff rankings are the ones that matter. My earlier comment was a joke based on all this.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s more that whenever ESPN or whoever says we have 4 (or whatever) ranked wins people melt down and “well actually” because some of those teams aren’t ranked anymore.

It’s fun to poke the bear is all. I’ve acknowledged the current ranking are dumb and that the playoff rankings are the ones that matter. My earlier comment was a joke based on all this.

It’s just funny seeing it coming from an undefeated SEC team who will walk into the playoffs if they win the conference and maybe even if they don’t.

The “we had x wins over ranked teams” thing seems to only get deployed to defend a team as being actually really good after some embarrassing loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really haven’t seen it come up much in reference to the current rankings, moreso though in reference to where Hooker should be ranked in the Heisman race. Tennessee fans say 4 ranked wins and OSU fans are quick to correct and say he’s only got one.

Again, it’s all dumb and if Tennessee keeps winning and Hooker keeps playing the way he has it’ll all figure itself out.

Hopefully anyway

e: to be clear that’s not pointing out anyone here, anytime the ranked wins stuff gets brought up here it feels like more joking or acknowledging the ridiculousness of it all