Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Edward Mass posted:

If the Power 5 made their own tourneys, they’d also have to cut back on the size of the field, because unless another Group of 5 conference gets raided for members you’d have ~68 out of 79 schools represented. That makes the regular season meaningless.

I mean the basketball tournament already does this. It's one of the best sporting events there is and I'm glad they do it and don't want them to change it, but a team can send 4 players to the NBA and easily win their conference and people will call them a failure for not winning a one and done tournament where the refs just let every game turn to 1995 Knicks Heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
P5 coaches are already starting to make a little noise about expanding the tourney to 128.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thermos H Christ posted:

The thing is, it seems easier to find someone who could stay on top of general game management stuff than someone who can call plays really well. Obviously there are tons of HCs who very openly hand playcalling duties to someone else. Are there any HCs who openly have an assistant who does all the thinking about clock management, helps the assistants and the HC stay on the same page and keep the big picture in view, etc?

Yes. Tech's got a down & distance guy as well as a clock management guy who runs the math that tells the OC, DC, and HC if they're going to be going for it on 4th down. This is a position held by a GA. There is a situational card that tracks if it's 4 down territory and since TTU is being very aggressive on 4th down attempts this season, it's all set before the game. It's all math.

I believe they also have a separate game-situation person assigned to watch the clock and tell the coach when to use timeouts, when to spike the ball, and if we need to be going for 1st downs only, sideline plays only, or if they have the middle/short field available. This is usually an offensive assistant who is doing double-duty as the guy watching alignment, personnel, and assisting with offensive adjustments.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
How the gently caress did I make it 2/3 of the way through the season before realizing our punter’s name is Danny Trejo

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

one of these days a team that can get away with it is gonna tell the NCAA to go gently caress itself explicitly

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I need wheez's we want bama picture

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Consequences for Ye continue

quote:

Texas A&M will no longer use rapper Kanye West’s song “Power” during the football team’s pregame entrance to Kyle Field, athletic director Ross Bjork said on Thursday.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fast cars loose anus posted:

Sad to see a great conservative university bow to cancel culture. What’s next, removing the statue of the confederate general?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Sad to see a great conservative university bow to cancel culture. What’s next, removing the statue of the confederate general?

You're telling me Reveille owned slaves?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Reveille owns slaves right now based on how the Corps dorks have to act w/r/t her

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Gonna be roughing it this weekend, no Internet or cell service. Probably for the best, it’ll be hard watching OU lose to Iowa State for the third time in five six years.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Just use King Crimson instead

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I need wheez's we want bama picture

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
The Athletic coming through with the origins of the Sickos Committee, for those that were asking last week

https://theathletic.com/3736273/2022/10/28/sickos-committee-college-football-twitter/

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

We need a deeper cut to match this year's vibes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGLAVRRB1dw

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:lol:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I remember how excited he was leading up to that game. Had the sign prepped, knew they were gonna take the picture, had to wait a day or so for it to come out so the anticipation built and THAT was what he got. It was so loving funny

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Tad SG posted:

The Athletic coming through with the origins of the Sickos Committee, for those that were asking last week

https://theathletic.com/3736273/2022/10/28/sickos-committee-college-football-twitter/

lmao
https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1584602686724268032

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

In my NCAA Football 12 dynasty, that's pretty much what I get every year. I have these four and five way ties of 7-5 teams. Adding Notre Dame and Iowa State didn't seem to help break the deadlock.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

forkboy84 posted:

Just use King Crimson instead

a&m coming out to epitaph

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

After years of complaining about the team coming out to that awful rap music instead of AC/DC or George Strait, A&M fans on TexAgs are handling the news extremely well.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the pic. I was trying to explain it to my wife but you really just have to see it

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Thermos H Christ posted:

After years of complaining about the team coming out to that awful rap music instead of AC/DC or George Strait, A&M fans on TexAgs are handling the news extremely well.

I have always wanted to play the actual song Power for some of the older Ags I see bopping to it just to see the reaction (all we play is a loop of the intro chanting)

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

Cirkus.

Though my ultimate picks for a pregame build are Starship Trooper (or even just Wurm) and Hawkwind's Brainstorm.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Vince Dooley is dead at 90.

He won a lot of football games, meddled too much in the athletic office, had a helluva academic scandal in the 1980s, blessed Tennessee with Derek Dooley and recorded a campaign ad for Herschel in the last two weeks.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Declan MacManus posted:

Level Five (and seven)

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Got the new Bo Jackson biography but gave it to my dad to read first, let's hear it for '80s SEC running backs who have never ruined their legacy afaik!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Vince Dooley is dead at 90.

He won a lot of football games, meddled too much in the athletic office, had a helluva academic scandal in the 1980s, blessed Tennessee with Derek Dooley and recorded a campaign ad for Herschel in the last two weeks.
RIP

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nocontextcfb/status/1586110782982434816

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cutting a Herschel spot right before meeting St. Peter was a bold move. RIP Vince.

Dooley won 75% of his games against Florida, which was nice.

the original Tom Herman one has significantly influenced my life somehow. Also I like that you can read this one as "never take a poo poo."

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 28, 2022

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern at iowa, imo

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

No threat of sending someone to Area 51. D+

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
that chart is bad for a number of reasons but I'm especially into the idea that you can just grit and guts your way to clear piss

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SAJtDL/status/1586028959103606786?t=Lvi7PkCo2xG45EQdsVsnXA&s=19

My sister got me the world's stupidest instrument for my birthday

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Judgy Fucker posted:

Gonna be roughing it this weekend, no Internet or cell service. Probably for the best, it’ll be hard watching OU lose to Iowa State for the third time in five six years.

You’re more confident in ISU than I am.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

You’re more confident in ISU than I am.

I mean they gotta catch a break one of these weeks; unless Campbell made some Faustian bargain to beat Iowa.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
ask Nebraska if you in fact "have to catch a break" at any given time

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

R.D. Mangles posted:

northwestern at iowa, imo

pretty pumped for this one

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

General Dog posted:

I mean they gotta catch a break one of these weeks; unless Campbell made some Faustian bargain to beat Iowa.

It’s pretty typical of ISU to beat Iowa and then have a pretty bad season.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

ask Nebraska if you in fact "have to catch a break" at any given time

Even Nebraska eventually won a game though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

It’s pretty typical of ISU to beat Iowa and then have a pretty bad season.

Well right, but they seem competent enough this year if not inspiring, and this OU team seems capable of losing to anyone.