Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Apparently I need varifocals now and my back hurts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I spend my Saturdays in hardware stores and lumber yards buying poo poo for my mausoleum project

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I stopped buying beer, improved my diet, and cut back to 1 coffee in the morning and fixed most of my sleep, gut and rear end problems and lost 25lbs within a few weeks. Now when I wake up at 5am I am ready to loving go

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Borscht posted:

Piss stream is still strong for me so at least the prostate is still prostate sized

i was a little worried, but then someone taught me the trick of pressing on your gooch to get the last drops and it works good. i'm good for a couple more years

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I started my new weight loss journey at 281. I am now 238. I started in May.

I was having stomach ulcers from stress, and also horrible diet. And had trouble staying awake throughout the day.

Now at my new weight I'm PUMPIN. We are back to doing hikes every weekend and run about half of the trail or just run up the ascents. My energy is back and sex drive is firing on all cylinders again.

I need to take a Turkish vacation and get some hair plugs. And also a German vacation to get some platelets injected into my knees and shoulders to rebuild cartilage so I stop having knee issues stemming from lack of cartilage. (The running probably doesn't help but CANT STOP THE PUMP).

Getting old spooky. At least I have my goon pals.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I got cold the other day.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
having an incredibly hard time giving an actual poo poo about anything anymore, and yet every single thing/person annoys me.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Yolomon Wayne posted:

having an incredibly hard time giving an actual poo poo about anything anymore, and yet every single thing/person annoys me.

Same, feeling a ton of anger about the world and utter disdain for everyone in it.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I bought a kilo of Semtex and a barrel of pig's blood for my first hemorrhoid reveal party

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Vegetable posted:

spent some time outside this morning and was depleted for the rest of the day. immobile on a couch. eyes barely open. couldn’t hold up
my end of a conversation with the wife. took a nap after some reheated dinner. i used to go all day now i’m a shell of a man. what about you?

Yeah it's great!

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
knees hosed, rear end in a top hat hosed, fungal infections all over the show

if i drink the effect is just a sneak preview of when i get dementia

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I used to smoke weed to get hosed up, now I smoke weed so I can stand up.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

funeral home DJ posted:

Same, feeling a ton of anger about the world and utter disdain for everyone in it.

gently caress, dude; Too real

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Getting old rules. Weirdly it feels like every year is taking longer and longer? Probably because I dissociated and repressed my way through my childhood and early adult years, but everything is clearly and slower now.

Also every day I'm closer to death which is awesome. Physically I'm fitter than ever but also the same level of medical disability as always, so eh, not much change there.

Oh, I don't give nearly as much of a gently caress any more, which has made my life dramatically easier. Being able to just say "gently caress this" to something or someone rules.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I had to call my prescription insurance people yesterday and setup some drugs by mail. That feels like an old person thing but it did save me quite a bit of dough.

CozyFella
Feb 1, 2022

I don't have anything of value to add to this conversation.
But I don't care.
hemorrhoids are now a bigger concern than I thought they'd be when I was in my 20s. :hotpickle:

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
joints go clickety clickety gently caress.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I normally go to bed by 10pm and everything hurts.
Also I may or may not be up by 5 in the morning

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I hurt myself working out and then I tried to work through but and hurt myself even more ):

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

I hurt myself working out and then I tried to work through but and hurt myself even more ):

:hmmyes:

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
The secret to aging gracefully is regularity.
The secret of regularity is to take two tablespoons of fiber daily.

Metamucil is my preferred brand of choice. What’s your favorite fiber supplement?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
gently caress all of ya

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dee eight posted:

gently caress all of ya

Come on, be a sport. Tell us what makes you feel old

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

The more of my hairline I lose the more my nostril and ear hairs ramp up production.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
The last time I saw my grandmom, she said, you have so much gray hair

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I now actively seek out specific kinds of socks because my feet get cold

I also low to high-key hurt all the time but that's because my immune system is eating my joints and is only tangentially related to aging

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
My desire to eat rear end seems to be declining.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

KitConstantine posted:

I now actively seek out specific kinds of socks because my feet get cold

I also low to high-key hurt all the time but that's because my immune system is eating my joints and is only tangentially related to aging

Wool. Buy wool socks. They are great
Like from sheep

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
you start to feel your vices slowly killing you

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Wool. Buy wool socks. They are great
Like from sheep

I'm all over that wool sock poo poo my friend

Varying heights, weaves, types of wool. I'm a goddamn shepherd on laundry day

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

KitConstantine posted:

I'm all over that wool sock poo poo my friend

Varying heights, weaves, types of wool. I'm a goddamn shepherd on laundry day

this is a good old man thread

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

you start to feel your vices slowly killing you

yup

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I turn 32 a week from today and I’m so angry that I can’t drink anymore like I did when I was 22.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

The people closest to me are dying. In 2021 I lost 7 people in my family including my father. One of my best friends was just diagnosed with cancer.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

I turn 32 a week from today and I’m so angry that I can’t drink anymore like I did when I was 22.

lol gently caress off

bossy lady posted:

The people closest to me are dying. In 2021 I lost 7 people in my family including my father. One of my best friends was just diagnosed with cancer.

for real... dad dead .. moms having low blood pressure problems even though shes quite fit and i worry about her. its depressing to lose parents /family / friends. worst part of getting old.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 27, 2022

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

beats the alternative

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

lol gently caress off

for real... dad dead .. moms having low blood pressure problems even though shes quite fit and i worry about her. its depressing to lose parents /family / friends. worst part of getting old.

I'm 39 and I'm angry I can't drink like I'm 22

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I can drink just fine, but im cutting back for health so i guess thats maybe what you are talking about? I've not noticed hang overs at 22 or at 32 or now being much different. They suck.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

I can drink just fine, but im cutting back for health so i guess thats maybe what you are talking about? I've not noticed hang overs at 22 or at 32 or now being much different. They suck.

yeah. we all need to calm down sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Edibles are available now and that's awesome 😎

Pretty good compromise for drinking less

Ear and nose hair taking over head hair is the most annoying thing but whatevs