Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

Yolomon Wayne posted:

having an incredibly hard time giving an actual poo poo about anything anymore, and yet every single thing/person annoys me.

Goddamn I've always been the "chill" guy who "lets poo poo roll of his back" or whatever, but goddamn do I have zero tolerance for bullshit anymore.

Also, major hip, back, etc. problems. Core exercises at the gym are my friend. Working on getting rid of the spare tire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch
my vertebrae have bone shards growing out of them into the discs of my spine and i am almost perpetually in pain

it feels kinda like a curse to have a back that's stabbing itself in the back tbh i would not wish it upon anyone

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

LordAdakos posted:

The secret to aging gracefully is regularity.
The secret of regularity is to take two tablespoons of fiber daily.

Metamucil is my preferred brand of choice. Whats your favorite fiber supplement?

powdered psyllium husk, 2tbsp in the morning after my yogurt and granola

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Last year, I asked for fluffy towels as Christmas presents. The year before that, it was socks. Not slipper socks, but regular socks.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM #ad📢

Financial security, loving kids, faithful wife, young mistress, whats not to love about getting old

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

oldpainless posted:

Financial security, loving kids, faithful wife, young mistress, whats not to love about getting old

Adding "mafioso" to your spreadsheet entry as we speak.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I intend to age in reverse for awhile. I got cancer and my wife said it aged me fifteen years. Cancers gone, chemo has been over two months and I'm getting my strength and hair back.

At this rate I'll be 27 in a decade.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
The hangovers once you turn 30, what the gently caress. Im not sure if getting drunk is even worth it anymore smh.

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
Jet lag used to not affect me due to my typically irregular sleeping patterns. Now, despite those same patterns, it fucks me up at badly. Returned home a couple of months ago from a 5-hour-behind time difference and it took me about a week to not be exhausted. About to do the exact same thing and this time have made sure to schedule zero work meetings until a couple of weeks after I get back. God knows how I'm going to manage the school runs.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

The Alchemist posted:

The hangovers once you turn 30, what the gently caress. Im not sure if getting drunk is even worth it anymore smh.

This tbh. Like all the other stuff: time moving faster, joints hurting, sleep being harder to do, it sucks rear end. But honestly, feeling like poo poo the morning after three beers sucks more than all of it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Last year, I asked for fluffy towels as Christmas presents. The year before that, it was socks. Not slipper socks, but regular socks.

I used to just buy cheap socks but now I spend money on quality socks and my old feet thank me for it

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

We stopped buying gifts for each other at Christmas and we just have a family dinner. We just buy gifts for the kid. Huge quality is life improvement

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
my left elbow is hosed up the past few days and I didnt do nothing but my regular exercising. it fuckin hurts.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

RC and Moon Pie posted:

bathrobes are the best gift to tell people to give you, tell them pick one they think you'll like. a fine collection of robes chosen by other people, to cover our melting flesh

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I went from needing no glasses and never eating meds, to needing glasses and taking four different kinds of medicine every day just to keep living.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

This tbh. Like all the other stuff: time moving faster, joints hurting, sleep being harder to do, it sucks rear end. But honestly, feeling like poo poo the morning after three beers sucks more than all of it.

tbf we now drink old person fancy beer. Those three beers are not the piss-lager of youth, but expensive artisanal ale brewed by the lunatic monks of Saint Drunk-As-Merde from the darkest jungles of Hell-Belgium, alcohol content 85%

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
No I drink the cheapest beer I can find, I'm over my hipster phase.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
More often these days I come across stuff that i always to buy or watch when I was younger, slowly realizing that its all 15-20 years old now. My geriatric brain goes into full denial every time. "Heh, no way is this PSP game that old. That DS game I played, 20 years old? Naaah man that was GBC times, not DS! Those Underworld movies, heard about them since they started maybe I should watch them... wait that release date can't be right."

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

you start to feel your vices slowly killing you

Or, you know, not so slowly.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

The Alchemist posted:

By 35 you'll be sure.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i feel like the worse-hangovers-as-i-age thing has been pretty well counteracted by the fact that i actually drink water now

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Getting hungover after 40 sucks even worse but I also only need two tallboys to get drunk so the universe balances out

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Everyday I wake up and my gat dang feet hurt

I need to buy shoes with more padding on the insoles :(

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

KitConstantine posted:

Everyday I wake up and my gat dang feet hurt

I need to buy shoes with more padding on the insoles :(

You need cork-sole sandals (Birkenstock or similar) to wear in the house and sculpted insoles for outdoor shoes, and never be barefoot on your feet. Welcome to your new plantar fasciitis lifestyle.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
I always thought old people wore sandals inside because they had some weird fashion preferences, but it's for the deteriorating network of fibrous tissue on the bottom of your feet.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

If you old folks are getting hangovers it's because you're not drinking enough. Drink every day and your body adjusts, no more hangover.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lol yeah 23 drink a fifth of vodka every night and pop up the next morning ready to go like nothing happened

33 drink a 6er of white claw on a Friday night and feel like rear end all day saturday

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

My boobs are quickly becoming joke old lady boobs.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I'm approaching 50 who has been touching computers since the early 80s with a seven year old who has recently gotten into Pokemon.

I am unable to play the game without wearing magnifying reading glasses.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Ralph Crammed In posted:

My boobs are quickly becoming joke old lady boobs.

Same and Im not even a woman

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

bossy lady posted:

I don't understand modern rap. It all sounds soulless as poo poo to me

they're not even tellings us, the listeners, what their name is nor what they're here to say

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I believe that I will hit my physical peak at 50, if not 60

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Gomez Chamberlain posted:

When I got to the pub and skull a bunch of piss on weekends I typically drink rum and diet coke or pepsi. I'm a diabetic otherwise I'd probably get ginger ale.

If I have already eaten, then 1/2 - 2/3rds the way through the night I'll get an order of garlic bread to soak up the booze, plus I usually get the munchies when drinking.

If eating at the pub, I'll get the garlic bread first thing when I get there. If I am eating at the pub, its probably evening and I likely haven't had anything to eat for a few + hours before hand so I go light on the drinks while waiting for the bread. Once the bread gets there, I suck that poo poo back while drinking and also have some sort of main course like a burger + fries or something.

I'll also get another drink to go with my food and booze. Usually a diet whatever the gently caress and by the time the night is coming to a close, I'll probably drink the non-booze drinks 1:1 with the booze.

When I get home, I usually drink a gatorade or two before bed.

Seems to work and I don't get severe hangovers any more.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
Did you know you can get hemorrhoids and anal fissures at the same time and that treating one can make the other worse :shrug:
Having bowel issues takes it's toll what with all the diarrhea, constipation and combination diarrhea constipation.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

wesleywillis posted:

When I got to the pub and skull a bunch of piss on weekends I typically drink rum and diet coke or pepsi. I'm a diabetic otherwise I'd probably get ginger ale.

If I have already eaten, then 1/2 - 2/3rds the way through the night I'll get an order of garlic bread to soak up the booze, plus I usually get the munchies when drinking.

If eating at the pub, I'll get the garlic bread first thing when I get there. If I am eating at the pub, its probably evening and I likely haven't had anything to eat for a few + hours before hand so I go light on the drinks while waiting for the bread. Once the bread gets there, I suck that poo poo back while drinking and also have some sort of main course like a burger + fries or something.

I'll also get another drink to go with my food and booze. Usually a diet whatever the gently caress and by the time the night is coming to a close, I'll probably drink the non-booze drinks 1:1 with the booze.

When I get home, I usually drink a gatorade or two before bed.

Seems to work and I don't get severe hangovers any more.

Thank you, there's wisdom in this. I drink cheap swill whenever I do drink but the age-old carbs and electrolytes needs to be a habit on the odd times I go to the bar.

I will gently caress UP some white russians though if I remember they exist. That's the kind of hangover I can get behind.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

LordAdakos posted:

The secret to aging gracefully is regularity.
The secret of regularity is to take two tablespoons of fiber daily.

Metamucil is my preferred brand of choice. Whats your favorite fiber supplement?

Hell yeah fiber rules ,poo poo good live good that's what they say

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Turned the heat on 3 days ago. Last night I slathered my hands in moisturizer then put on nitrile gloves before I went to bed, because the winter dryness is already getting to me.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
i feel bad for the kids and young adults who never knew what it's like to live in a world with a future

and/or I feel bad for me for no longer understanding how to focus on the right things in life

Katamari Democracy posted:

I have butthole problems

and this

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

you start to feel your vices slowly killing you

the cell that's gonna kill me is already there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm 61. You whippersnappers have no idea what's coming your way. It's insulting.