Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

twit666 posted:

I'm 61. You whippersnappers have no idea what's coming your way. It's insulting.

Tell us of our future oh seer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Balls touched the water today. Yep.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

KitConstantine posted:

Tell us of our future oh seer
At some point, you’ll never have a completely pain-free day.
Your after-insurance medical expenses will rise and become significant.
One day you’ll hurt yourself performing athletic feats such as “getting out of bed” and “getting up off the floor”.
Sore muscles which used to heal in a day will take 2-4 days.

Have fun.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Not getting fat getting way harder. Wife is somehow getting in better shape than her 20s (???), which makes me happy and also kind of a secret jealous bitch.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I constantly want to tell my 13 year old son about the magical era of the 90s in which a president was impeached for lying and you could still use a phone card at a payphone to make call after you got a page on your beeper. *911 party at sleve bobson Dugnutts*

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

At some point, you’ll never have a completely pain-free day.
Your after-insurance medical expenses will rise and become significant.
One day you’ll hurt yourself performing athletic feats such as “getting out of bed” and “getting up off the floor”. sneezing
Sore muscles which used to heal in a day will take 2-4 days.

Have fun.

All of these things have already happened by my 30s

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I broke my skin peeling a boiled egg. Not a lot of blood but i didn't know that was even a worry

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Stock portfolio up another 9%. Not bad.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I have GERD. It sucks.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
I'm 36 and every bone in my body is screaming in pain. I got annoyed at some teens for taking all the Halloween candy. I ask my daughter to turn the TV down. I love pbs.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I had my first actual cracked heel. Did you know they hurt??? From ads, I just thought they were unsightly or annoying. But it hurts! It's also taken like 2 months of moisturizing and pumicing to grow out. gently caress that.

Also when I turned 34, suddenly like overnight, my skin became dry all the time. I thought it was just the heat in winter, then I thought it was the AC in summer, but now I guess I actually have to moisturize? Like my arms and everything?? Sounds like bullshit imo.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I was always the music guy who knew most all the new stuff and always found something exciting coming out almost every week. Now, having a young child and pushing 40 the decline in my listening time and effort to seek new artist plummeting makes me sad but at the same time apathetic, if that makes sense.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

T Bowl posted:

I was always the music guy who knew most all the new stuff and always found something exciting coming out almost every week. Now, having a young child and pushing 40 the decline in my listening time and effort to seek new artist plummeting makes me sad but at the same time apathetic, if that makes sense.

You just slow down, less time listening, but still discover new for the same average time listened. So maybe you get to discover something new every year or five. I discovered Decalifornia this year.

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
For real I'm supposed to "go" at regular intervals? Get supplements and do it as a routine? Then what is the point? Why even keep going? The only place to poo poo regularly is at work on the clock.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I tweaked my right Achilles tendon driving last year. I've tweaked the left one now, too. Walking on a flat surface.

If I'm leaving the house I have to have both of them braced or wrapped.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST

Leper Go-getter posted:

For real I'm supposed to "go" at regular intervals? Get supplements and do it as a routine? Then what is the point? Why even keep going? The only place to poo poo regularly is at work on the clock.

Being regular is good, I can't ever seem to get regular even with diet change and daily fiber supplements :( if only colon blow was real.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku42Iszh9KM

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm 41 and am fit and have low body fat. I just get running injuries more often these days. I've been diagnosed with athletic heart, which is a thing where lots of cardio and being 6'6" has made the heart muscle thicken up and it beats at about 32bpm. It has no negative effects except doctors get worried when they look at ECG results. I recently got a rowing machine so I can keep going when I pick up running injuries and keep the upper body in shape as I get older. I eat vegetarian and cook all my own meals, watching portion sizes. I feel healthy, I have energy, and still have all my hair. It's not so bad

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Lol 41.

unknown butthole
Jan 2, 2020

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
Turned 30 this year. Sleeping has become near impossible from the previous decade of drinking and drug abuse. No signs of slowing down though. I can't stand this loving world.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i think the hangover thing is like 50% the physical aspects of aging and 50% the vastly increased scope of responsibility you have as you age

Drunk at 21 - can sleep in till 4pm the next day then have a mindless job and some optional/low pressure study the following week/month/year

Drunk at 41 - maybe a quick sleep in till 9am but then kids/house/pets/cooking/cleaning and then an intense week of a mentally demanding job and paying bills and being an emotional/practical decision maker for your family plus gotta pay the mortgage and maintain healthy relationship with wife remember to exercise and not eat junk or drink too much coffee and post post post etc etc

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I like white lifesavers.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

wesleywillis posted:

I like white lifesavers.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I sweep off the back deck pretty much every day. And I kind of like it? It’s a chore, but it’s kind of like an “ah, it’s about that time!” Kind of chore.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Sat in a weird way and now my ankle hurts real bad

Corporeal forms are a scam

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

poverty goat posted:

I stopped buying beer, improved my diet, and cut back to 1 coffee in the morning and fixed most of my sleep, gut and rear end problems and lost 25lbs within a few weeks. Now when I wake up at 5am I am ready to loving go

This guy gets it. If you don't use it, you literally lose it, muscle mass is steadily lost and the belly gets bigger and bigger. And fat, unfit people tend to be inactive so get bored and unhappy.

It doesn"t have to be a harsh regimen. Just "eat a bit less, eat a bit healthier, walk a bit more" has helped me.

Exercise and eating healthier helps with lethargy and depression too, though some of you are apparently suffering severe spiritual maladies, the ennui in many cases probably a natural consequence of years of negativity and trying to solve every problem with the power of thought alone. I've been there. Maladies which in many cases can be recovered from. Let go. You alone can do it but you can't do it alone. Seek the Light and accept it into your heart. :)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Nap Ghost

twit666 posted:

I'm 61. You whippersnappers have no idea what's coming your way. It's insulting.

holy poo poo you are old. I'm nearly 40 and I thought I was old

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I turn 60 next week.

Y'all shut the gently caress up.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Nap Ghost

Genesplicer posted:

I turn 60 next week.

Y'all shut the gently caress up.

loving old rear end man

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i hope mumpy has a good source of electrolytes and saturated fats tomorrow

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Nap Ghost

Pac and Cheese posted:

i hope mumpy has a good source of electrolytes and saturated fats tomorrow

I might. who wants to know

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
I haven't had sex in a year and a half.

The crazy part, though, is that I don't even mind!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Nap Ghost

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I haven't had sex in a year and a half.

The crazy part, though, is that I don't even mind!

only a year and a half?
Loser

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
My 12yr old son has an old soul. He complains of aches and pains like you old geezers, it's hilarious.

I'm coming up on 43 and feel like I'm been around for 43 centuries. I guess that is partly because of life experience maybe, done quite a bunch of different things and jobs. Feels like I'm my 4th or 5th "life", if you know what I mean, not just career.

My lower back can't handle standing still washing dishes at home for 20mins. But heaving bags of quikcrete, packing lumber all day or other labor is ok? I don't understand how that works.

My body has been wanting more fruit and veg, over carbs or protein, but I still consume wayyyyy to much sugar. 36oz of soda a day is probably nothing for most folks, but if I go over that I feel fat.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Slayerjerman posted:

My lower back can't handle standing still washing dishes at home for 20mins. But heaving bags of quikcrete, packing lumber all day or other labor is ok? I don't understand how that works.

One or two visits to a physiotherapist might fix it, did wonders for me.

quote:

My body has been wanting more fruit and veg, over carbs or protein, but I still consume wayyyyy to much sugar. 36oz of soda a day is probably nothing for most folks, but if I go over that I feel fat.

Is no sugar soda against your religion or something?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I prefer the plain Listerine.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Animal-Mother posted:

I prefer the plain Listerine.

Yeesh lol

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo

BigBadSteve posted:

Is no sugar soda against your religion or something?

Haha, no, I'm a Pepsi addict for sure. I love me a nice cola with ice, it's how I get my fix. It's my coffee in the morning, my treat after dinner, kind of like a fine wine. I've just got a guilty conscience about enjoying it TOO much.

I never developed a taste for alcohol or eat snack type foods very often, but If I don't have my can of Pepsi during the day, all hell breaks loose. :bahgawd:

Slayerjerman fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 6, 2022

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

BigBadSteve posted:

Oh yeah, I will sing the praises of physical therapy to anyone who will listen. A few years ago I was having debilitating shoulder pain and getting more and more restricted range of motion, and my doctor was talking about surgery but wanted me to try physical therapy first. Halfway through the first screening my physical therapist was like "it's your rotator cuffs, but I still need to do these other tests, but it is definitely your rotator cuffs." A few months later of physical therapy sessions and moderately consistent exercises at home and my shoulders were fine, and have stayed pretty much fine since.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Slayerjerman posted:

I'd bet it’s not because you’re standing still for 20 minutes, but because you’re standing very slightly bent over for 20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Nap Ghost

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I'd bet it’s not because you’re standing still for 20 minutes, but because you’re standing very slightly bent over for 20 minutes.

:hmmyes: