Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I'm gonna be 40 and tbh I feel the same way I did 20 years ago (with less cum flying around though)
I stopped drinking 10 years ago maybe you nerds should do it. Age definitely didnt lower my weed tolerance though im tryina limit myself to 1/4th a day at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Same

I'm 35 and feel mostly the same as when I was 20, better in some ways, worse in other

I don't think getting old is real until you're like 60. That's an arbitrary number but there was that MASSIVE study that showed that, equated for body composition, your metabolism stays the same from 20 to 60.

I think "aging" is mostly accumulation of damage and neglect. Not exercising, drinking, smoking, stress (which only increases as people take on more responsibilities) summed up over 60 years is going to have done more damage than over 20 years. Other stuff is just de-adaptation. "I can't drink like I used to" -- I'm sure I could if I re-habituated to binge drinking as much as I did in college, until I spent a decade or two doing it and the damage caught up to me

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Nap Ghost
weed must be awesome. How come it's illegal in most states

WhyZodiac
Oct 29, 2015

Ramrod XTreme
I ascribe getting old to that scene in Superman 3 where angry superman is going around being angry and then he fights good superman in a junk yard and becomes good again, however in real life your good superman is dead and he will never come and fight the evil superman so you are just kinda stuck like that forever now. Always angry and wondering where the good you went.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

weed must be awesome. How come it's illegal in most states

It's kind of dumb because I've become accustomed to driving out-of-state to get weed for 1/5th the price of it is here [now that it's legal in the state] but I should just sell it tbh because the state overcharges for it, creating a perfect market for, well, drug dealers

just to clarify, nothing im doing here is illegal, just sayin

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Nap Ghost

Pontificating rear end posted:

It's kind of dumb because I've become accustomed to driving out-of-state to get weed for 1/5th the price of it is here [now that it's legal in the state] but I should just sell it tbh because the state overcharges for it, creating a perfect market for, well, drug dealers

just to clarify, nothing im doing here is illegal, just sayin

I honestly dont know how to respond to that

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
responding is optional ya know posting is mandatory tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!