Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Disco Elysium worth 10 dollars?
Yes
No
View Results

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

See poll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Also please post if you voted Yes so I may weigh the votes.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I find it really unbearably written but if you can pretend a similar situation is happening with less, ahem, fucktarded characters, it’s probably aight for 10.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Almost every single character or thing that talks to you sucks to listen to.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i think it kicks rear end nd is definitely worth the price op

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's a good RPG, no combat but pretty reactive story, great atmosphere, and some clever skill check systems

Easily worth it at $10

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

i think it kicks rear end nd is definitely worth the price op

this

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
its good. very funny writing, lots of people get into it for DEEP MEANINGFUL reasons and write super long think pieces about it which makes it seem lame but its actually just a really funny drunk cop choose your own adventure

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ya

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

its good. very funny writing, lots of people get into it for DEEP MEANINGFUL reasons and write super long think pieces about it which makes it seem lame but its actually just a really funny drunk cop choose your own adventure

yu p this, but the deep meaningful stuff is actually cool too if you cn ignore the my dad was a gay wiki page nd my mom was a feels compilation types that talk about it

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 95 days!
i enjoyed it, op. its funny

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

voted yes, don't have much to say other than I enjoyed my time with it and it was fun to chill in Revachol.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

This

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

this.

it’s a good game, op. especially for :10bux:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's a really good cop mystery and the setting is cool and unique. the side content is ftw as well. it's not the life changing experience some retards bill it as, however. anyway synthy it was worth full price imo and it's certainly worth buying on sale.

----------------

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

its goofy that disco elysium gets remembered as this big fuckin feels game when thats like 20% of the game total nd the rest is usually just really funny

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

exactly

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

30 y/o video essay Youtuber: as you can see, this is an allegory for how when we have something we let control our narrow-minded desires, we are truly blinded and vulnerable. much like Harry, as we will see more about in part five. absolutely visionary. (continues playing clip of Harry hobbling around after getting his head stuck in a bucket)

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I loved it and I played it on switch. really loved the story and it does some very cool things I haven’t seen in any recently made games

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

symbolic posted:

30 y/o video essay Youtuber: as you can see, this is an allegory for how when we have something we let control our narrow-minded desires, we are truly blinded and vulnerable. much like Harry, as we will see more about in part five. absolutely visionary. (continues playing clip of Harry hobbling around after getting his head stuck in a bucket)

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

lmao

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
voted yes
I was really enjoying it and then I stopped playing for some reason
I'll probably go back eventually, it was fun and I liked what it was doing. I think at a certain point I realized the game was like three times bigger than I thought it was and it just felt like a lot to keep track of with whatever else was going on in my life

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Almost every single character or thing that talks to you sucks to listen to.

You look like a loving moron now, dude. Lmfao, ahahaha.

Will be purchasing this rear end once I wrap up OMORI.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Half the characters in the game talk like Wormskull, lol

----------------

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

game kicks rear end

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

https://voca.ro/1bA04X1JOYWd

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Whom.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

All the people and psyche and things that talk to you are written by someone who wants to be taken seriously but you have to be drunk Kevin Hart from a cop mixup movie and I wanted to be a guy who woke up from being drunk and everyone really does think I’m a cop, but not a big oaf. That’s how I was playing it but no one speaks or responds convincingly for that context because the whole game is a joke, which I get but don’t like. And you really are a cop but you have to talk like a Let’s Player? gently caress this. Also I found a lot of the social stuff kinda insulting, like 5 characters explaining what a strike is, a union, etc.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That said, I’m a story hater most of the time anyway. This game IS Dinosaur Jerk approved, though, OP. Maybe I’m just built different.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I don’t think this is a spoiler but I didn’t like that you can’t really not solve the case. It would have been awesome if you could just really gently caress it up and get drastically different endings for the main case. There’s still tons of differences in how things end or what resolutions you get and can miss whole storylines and cool stuff but the main story pretty much is always gonna end the same

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh and I voted this thread a 1.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Wormskull posted:

That said, I’m a story hater most of the time anyway. This game IS Dinosaur Jerk approved, though, OP. Maybe I’m just built different.

Gameplay uber alles. The game has no gameplay whatsoever, it’s basically a book with animations and voice actors in it. As a book with pictures in it it’s very good and funny but as a game that you play it’s not a game.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

lmao

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Gameplay uber alles. The game has no gameplay whatsoever, it’s basically a book with animations and voice actors in it. As a book with pictures in it it’s very good and funny but as a game that you play it’s not a game.

I like the VN aspect of persona games and poo poo like LiS etc., so I've matured past this point many years back. Sad but not surprising that you haven't.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wormskull posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You can hit on someone so badly you get a heart attack and die which is cool imo. Worth ten quid

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I like the VN aspect of persona games and poo poo like LiS etc., so I've matured past this point many years back. Sad but not surprising that you haven't.

I guess that’s why I bought it full price to ensure more quality releases like Disco Elysium are brought to gamers everywhere, while you buying it for a measly $10 likely COSTS the developers money. But sure, I’m happy that my immature rear end that actually appreciates games as the art form that they truly are can subsidize your quaint little $10 gaming “hobby”