Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Disco Elysium worth 10 dollars?
Yes
No
View Results

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Think the funniest clip is one where worm skulls playin wow and trying to get to max level without dying and like accidentally pulls two birds instead of one and dies at level 17

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

apropos to nothing posted:

I don’t think this is a spoiler but I didn’t like that you can’t really not solve the case. It would have been awesome if you could just really gently caress it up and get drastically different endings for the main case. There’s still tons of differences in how things end or what resolutions you get and can miss whole storylines and cool stuff but the main story pretty much is always gonna end the same

I didn’t mind that but I do think finding the phasmid should only trigger for good little detectives. If you didn’t do the work there you should just go mental or never understand what happened.

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

EmmyOk posted:

I didn’t mind that but I do think finding the phasmid should only trigger for good little detectives. If you didn’t do the work there you should just go mental or never understand what happened.

Oh wow so that happens no matter what? I thought it was locked behind if you did all the necessary stuff, that sucks. Still good and need to replay soon

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Oh and I voted this thread a 1.

lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oh wow so that happens no matter what? I thought it was locked behind if you did all the necessary stuff, that sucks. Still good and need to replay soon

Yeah it’s a bit disappointing in that regard. I think the side quests mainly give you big boosts to conversation checks in that part. However the “miracle in the west” is an all time gamer feels moment for me so I’ll forgive the game anything lol

I need to replay it with maximum physical stats so I can kung fu kick cuno’s head off

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I voted no because I thought this thread was a trap and the game is worth more than ten dollars lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah it’s a bit disappointing in that regard. I think the side quests mainly give you big boosts to conversation checks in that part. However the “miracle in the west” is an all time gamer feels moment for me so I’ll forgive the game anything lol

I need to replay it with maximum physical stats so I can kung fu kick cuno’s head off

If you think cuno is bad then maybe he was right about you??

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cuno is a right oval office.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wormskull posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoGlE4G8DyE

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Think the funniest clip is one where worm skulls playin wow and trying to get to max level without dying and like accidentally pulls two birds instead of one and dies at level 17

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cor blimey guv, ‘e pulled two birds at once? ‘E’s a right stud, ‘e is

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Wormskull posted:

And That's OK.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Oh and I voted this thread a 1.

lol

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
someone find the post about the imp that got all misty over the game and was struggling to compose himself while talking to a repair man or some poo poo

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

whatis posted:

someone find the post about the imp that got all misty over the game and was struggling to compose himself while talking to a repair man or some poo poo

you find it, bitch

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

you find it, bitch

i found it n less than thirty seconds but i'm not gonna post it for this exact reasn

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

whatis posted:

Click on your post history

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Leadthumb posted:

I voted no because I thought this thread was a trap and the game is worth more than ten dollars lol

I voted yea after reading the thread because I was nervous of this

Thank you Ohtori Akio for the incredible sig!! 😍

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i forgot there were 2 former disco elysium threads

goferchan posted:

Part of the ending made me tear up and it was while the cable guy was here putting in internet and I felt like the worlds gayest loser and had to go run into the bathroom and get my poo poo together lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whatis posted:

i forgot there were 2 former disco elysium threads

Lmao

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was reading My Girl on a really slow day at work and had to stop because I was starting to tear up and my eyes were all red and I, too, felt like the gayest loser of all time.

----------------

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

nothing beats plutonis crying at line rider

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

I was reading My Girl on a really slow day at work and had to stop because I was starting to tear up and my eyes were all red and I, too, felt like the gayest loser of all time.

when i was in high school i went with a couple friends to see the movie adaptation of the presumably very bad Stephanie Meyers post-Twilight book The Host and i walked out of the theater puffy-eyed and sniffling and they still make fun of me for it almost a decade later

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol i forgot all about that

symbolic posted:

when i was in high school i went with a couple friends to see the movie adaptation of the presumably very bad Stephanie Meyers post-Twilight book The Host and i walked out of the theater puffy-eyed and sniffling and they still make fun of me for it almost a decade later

lol

----------------

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

At a sleepover one time my friend refused to watch the scene where Blankey gets blown away by a storm in Brave Little Toaster cos it scared him, and I was like, "Dude are you serious.. but you know Martial Arts!!" cos he took like a lil 7 yr olds karate class or something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

symbolic posted:

Dude wtf. Why do you post like such a boomer.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

everyone here is a boomer, regardless of their actual age

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wormskull posted:

what the

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I mean you’re young enough that there was a post-twilight book out when you were in high school, and yet, your a boomer.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I mean you’re young enough that there was a post-twilight book out when you were in high school, and yet, your a boomer.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He's projecting cuz Wormskull turns like 45 this year or some poo poo.

----------------

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

All the people and psyche and things that talk to you are written by someone who wants to be taken seriously but you have to be drunk Kevin Hart from a cop mixup movie and I wanted to be a guy who woke up from being drunk and everyone really does think I’m a cop, but not a big oaf. That’s how I was playing it but no one speaks or responds convincingly for that context because the whole game is a joke, which I get but don’t like. And you really are a cop but you have to talk like a Let’s Player? gently caress this. Also I found a lot of the social stuff kinda insulting, like 5 characters explaining what a strike is, a union, etc.

I believe you. Outside looking in the game looks like rear end.

----------------

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

trying to jack off posted:

everyone here is a boomer, regardless of their actual age

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 25, 2022

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-synGSCCMi4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

No