Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Disco Elysium worth 10 dollars?
Yes
No
View Results

copy
Jul 26, 2007

I liked it. funny story and its fun trying different builds out because theres a lot of hidden checks and stuff so if you dont spoil yourself you can get some fun surprises.

EmmyOk posted:

I need to replay it with maximum physical stats so I can kung fu kick cuno’s head off

some plague rats posted:

If you think cuno is bad then maybe he was right about you??

lol i did this once and yeah playing that build makes cuno absolutely right about you. total jerk rear end in a top hat. great game lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

nothing beats plutonis crying at line rider

lol

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 94 days!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

symbolic posted:

when i was in high school i went with a couple friends to see the movie adaptation of the presumably very bad Stephanie Meyers post-Twilight book The Host and i walked out of the theater puffy-eyed and sniffling and they still make fun of me for it almost a decade later

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

At a sleepover one time my friend refused to watch the scene where Blankey gets blown away by a storm in Brave Little Toaster cos it scared him, and I was like, "Dude are you serious.. but you know Martial Arts!!" cos he took like a lil 7 yr olds karate class or something.

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When I was in third grade I went to a sleepover and we watched the X-Files episode where a building had a sentient evil security system and the scene where Scully almost gets sucked into a giant fan scared me so much that I didn't watch another X-Files episode until I was in my 20's

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

At a sleepover one time my friend refused to watch the scene where Blankey gets blown away by a storm in Brave Little Toaster cos it scared him, and I was like, "Dude are you serious.. but you know Martial Arts!!" cos he took like a lil 7 yr olds karate class or something.

Lol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

apropos to nothing posted:

its good. very funny writing, lots of people get into it for DEEP MEANINGFUL reasons and write super long think pieces about it which makes it seem lame but its actually just a really funny drunk cop choose your own adventure

Yup. Its a cool setting with an interesting story and the whole role-playing as a communist revolutionary thing that lame ppl like it for is totally optional.

----------------

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Cor blimey guv, ‘e pulled two birds at once? ‘E’s a right stud, ‘e is

lol

----------------

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
no, at least 20

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

symbolic posted:

when i was in high school i went with a couple friends to see the movie adaptation of the presumably very bad Stephanie Meyers post-Twilight book The Host and i walked out of the theater puffy-eyed and sniffling and they still make fun of me for it almost a decade later

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nosfereefer posted:

no, at least 20

:gb2byob:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Nosfereefer posted:

no, at least 20

:gb2byob:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

little munchkin posted:

Yup. Its a cool setting with an interesting story and the whole role-playing as a communist revolutionary thing that lame ppl like it for is totally optional.

The communist revolutionary stuff is still well written and cool b/c you sound like a loser if you go all, just like with anything else: both times i played the game made me feel like an insignificant psycho no matter what i did or said.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
It’s real good synthy. The rpg sides simplicity kicks a lot of rear end too. Very focused game w a good sidekick

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

little munchkin posted:

also like. the game makes fun of you for doin it. although i think it makes fun of you no matter what lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Also the only time I reloaded after a fail was when I tried to make lt kim dance and my pc called him a yellow faced monkeyfucker and I felt bad irl

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

Also the only time I reloaded after a fail was when I tried to make lt kim dance and my pc called him a yellow faced monkeyfucker and I felt bad irl

tht was the worst ive ever felt playing a video game zero question

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

cspam guys: i cant believe communism is in the game!!!! super big goty!!!!!
npcs in the game: pull my finger, comrade

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I only played a few hours before it fell out of the rotation in favor of other games but I was delighted to find that I could roleplay my guy as a parapsychologist who completely ignored politics in favor of trying to prove that ghosts are real to your partner’s complete exasperation.

When I started doing it I got a quest to convince Kim that there really is something paranormal at the center of the game’s mystery and I really want to pull it off

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kim is great at making you make certain choices because you don’t want to let him down. It’s also how the game kind of sets you in a path of how to play and when not to push your luck. Of course there are times when you need to overrule Kim and it’s up to you to figure out when. All the characters are great imo.

It’s also cool that the African supremacist and the dude who is obsessed with funky beats get portraits that make them appear to be ascendant gods lol.

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

The communist revolutionary stuff is still well written and cool b/c you sound like a loser if you go all, just like with anything else: both times i played the game made me feel like an insignificant psycho no matter what i did or said.

yeah harry's a joke and the game does a great job establishing that and it rules.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I only played a few hours before it fell out of the rotation in favor of other games but I was delighted to find that I could roleplay my guy as a parapsychologist who completely ignored politics in favor of trying to prove that ghosts are real to your partner’s complete exasperation.

When I started doing it I got a quest to convince Kim that there really is something paranormal at the center of the game’s mystery and I really want to pull it off

mystery cop ftw

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Fungah! posted:

tht was the worst ive ever felt playing a video game zero question

Yeah usually when you fail a red check it's just funny and sometimes even beneficial but that one is brutal

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I liked that at the end of each day if I remember right Kim gives you a rundown like “hey good job today. We found one of your boots, finally figured out your name, and you learned how to be a racist by learning some very complicated race science. Don’t worry about not getting the dead body down from where it was lynched 3 days ago or that we haven’t found any suspects yet, we still made a lot of progress today.”

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

symbolic posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

I liked that at the end of each day if I remember right Kim gives you a rundown like “hey good job today. We found one of your boots, finally figured out your name, and you learned how to be a racist by learning some very complicated race science. Don’t worry about not getting the dead body down from where it was lynched 3 days ago or that we haven’t found any suspects yet, we still made a lot of progress today.”

kim ftw

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Watching Kim’s expectations of you nosedive even as you try super hard to get the body down until he treats you like a child is my favorite part :cheers:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

we all need a friend like kim to make us feel better when we're caught loving around trying to perfect our roman cancels all day

Thank you Ohtori Akio for the incredible sig!! 😍

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i haven't played it but i'd probably buy it for $10 without a second thought based on the posts in this thread alone

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I have never failed to shoot the body down like a boss

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Wormskull posted:

Almost every single character or thing that talks to you sucks to listen to.

this

----------------

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
It's fine but every character in it makes me wish i could pull out a uzi and blast them away then go on a 3 star chase

----------------

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

little munchkin posted:

my favorite part of that is you don't even roleplay as a revolutionary you roleplay as a blowhard idiot who talks a big game but ultimately serves the interests of the moralintern that killed the revolution in the first place

----------------

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

my favorite part of that is you don't even roleplay as a revolutionary you roleplay as a blowhard idiot who talks a big game but ultimately serves the interests of the moralintern that killed the revolution in the first place

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lol

Adbot