Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Remember when Ray Rice's victim apologized for her role in getting knocked out cold in an elevator only to have her lifeless body dragged out to door and to their room?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mr. Nice! posted:

Remember when Ray Rice's victim apologized for her role in getting knocked out cold in an elevator only to have her lifeless body dragged out to door and to their room?

I remember the Ravens tweet about it

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Yeah, wasn't it a Ravens press conference?

Thank God Harbaugh has a zero tolerance policy (that has yet to be tested), despite being the coach at that time.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Here's Baker throwing it 70 yards through the end zone.
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1338876737787211782

This really buries the lede which is the defender running full speed right into the goal post :lol:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Diva Cupcake posted:

Here's Baker throwing it 70 yards through the end zone.
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1338876737787211782

He took like five crow hops though, Vick barely took one

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I forget which thread Najee Harris Chat was but this is amazing.
https://twitter.com/TheoAshNFL/status/1587160438860500992

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I forget which thread Najee Harris Chat was but this is amazing.

They both looked so utterly amazing in college. It's so weird and apparently I cannot scout running backs for an NFL team.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If they were running against college players they’d still look hilarious.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Grittybeard posted:

They both looked so utterly amazing in college. It's so weird and apparently I cannot scout running backs for an NFL team.

All positions have their own fool's gold to them. It's very hard to predict when RBs will suddenly become insanely tentative whenever there isn't a massive different in talent, or if they take their first real NFL hit.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1587163962050756612?t=RcVB7ziFWOEWEwo2kxOPEA&s=19

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Bears just tearing it all down, huh.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Holy mackerel

Gotta think they’re eating most of it because the Ravens are jammed up against that cap

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Apparently the Ravens hate:
*The concept of wide receivers
*Patrick Queen

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1587165275891318789?s=20&t=86ReDaErGrC9xIkBYGGXKg

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1587165275891318789

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

Apparently the Ravens hate:
*The concept of wide receivers
*Patrick Queen

PQ needs a chaperone and they know Josh Bynes is finally too old to be relied on

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Was it this regime that drafted Fields or the previous? Why the hell aren't they just getting a 5th for him at this point? gently caress it they never wanted him and made no effort to develop him. Just a spectacular waste.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Awesome. Great trade for exactly the right position we need if we want to make a run. 2nd rounder is fine

Although i look at his numbers and theyre not that impressive? I assumed he was a top guy

Wait i thought he was OLB. Hmm

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 31, 2022

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Was it this regime that drafted Fields or the previous? Why the hell aren't they just getting a 5th for him at this point? gently caress it they never wanted him and made no effort to develop him. Just a spectacular waste.

They are extremely developing him lol.

He's been getting better all year. And they just hung 29 on one of the top 3 defenses in the league, a team who hadn't given up more than 26 before.

Might not work out but they are not trading him for a 5th lmao

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

I would rather have neither of Patrick Queen and Roquan Smith than both.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Doesn't Roquan want $20m per? I think giving up premium picks for an iLB only to pay him top of the market is at least questionable.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

well the Bears defense is not looking so hot going into this week's Dolphins game. good

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Dexo posted:

They are extremely developing him lol.

He's been getting better all year. And they just hung 29 on one of the top 3 defenses in the league, a team who hadn't given up more than 26 before.

Might not work out but they are not trading him for a 5th lmao

lol looking at that roster and saying they're trying

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Doesn't Roquan want $20m per? I think giving up premium picks for an iLB only to pay him top of the market is at least questionable.

Yeah, I struggle to see the value of paying a dude at that position that much money.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

lol looking at that roster and saying they're trying

Trying to win no, they are taking a medicine year, they have most of their cap tied up in dead money. From Pace's mistakes, and cap management.

Next year they are gonna have 130 million and like 10 draft picks next year.

Probably still won't work because lol Bears but it's pretty clear from the jump this was a sim the season year.

And despite it you see Justin getting better, despite the utter lack of talent around him. And recievers who can't catch.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This is nutty.

https://twitter.com/AdamHBeasley/status/1587169506165772289?s=20&t=86ReDaErGrC9xIkBYGGXKg

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ryan Pace is a war criminal lol. Also in his defense I suppose, he traded a number of 1's so they just didn't have 1's some of those years

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1587170246506545155

Very cool and normal that your #2 overall pick needs the Vote Of Confidence halfway through his second season

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Is Kyle Fuller still even playing?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Patrick Queen sucks and always has but this is a big price to pay for a rental

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Kawalimus posted:

Awesome. Great trade for exactly the right position we need if we want to make a run. 2nd rounder is fine

Although i look at his numbers and theyre not that impressive? I assumed he was a top guy

Wait i thought he was OLB. Hmm

Roquan is extremely good

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

trilljester posted:

Is Kyle Fuller still even playing?

He’s a Raven! Had a season-ender in week 1 unfortunately

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Roquan is really good, he flirts with being special.

If he ever can be more consistent or has a defensive line to cover for his weaknesses, he might reach that Special level.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AJ Klein going to Chicago in the trade.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

bows1 posted:

Roquan is extremely good

Got you. Initially I thought he was OLB and saw low sacks and got worried. But we do need this too with Bynes injury and age and Queens wild inconsistency. Ive been saying all year this is one of the weakest Ravens run Ds ever so this should help with that a lot

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doltos posted:

All positions have their own fool's gold to them. It's very hard to predict when RBs will suddenly become insanely tentative whenever there isn't a massive different in talent, or if they take their first real NFL hit.

I was dead set on Drake London being a bust because I thought I figured out the right predictive algorithm or something but he looks good so far so I don't know what the gently caress anymore

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/robertmays/status/1587186220995600385?s=20&t=gKyRPnlX0sNxxdZZ13OxIA

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Doltos posted:

Patrick Queen sucks and always has but this is a big price to pay for a rental

Queen's actually been pretty good this year. That's mostly due to his being asked to cover less and play downhill as a pass rusher more, but still. Definitely wouldn't give Queen the fifth year or an extension though.

2nd and a 5th is a whole hell of a lot for a half year rental and I'd still rather it was a rental than pay top of market for an inside LB. Galaxy brain move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Queen is very up and down.