Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Yeah, the Raiders are trash. Josh McDaniels needs to go away from football forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

trilljester posted:

Yeah, the Raiders are trash. Josh McDaniels needs to go away from football forever.

No.

He should stay

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Be ga;d

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The saints defense is back!*

*if they play the raiders

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Where's the Raider Joe guy to tell us how the refs prevented the best QB in the league from throwing more than a yard through the air?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

on the way home from work soon. about 20 minutes from that

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1587183225838911489

I'd hope the Ravens are going to sign and extend him, considering how much trade equity they gave.

But haven't seen anything about a new contract yet.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ornery and Hornery posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1587183225838911489

I'd hope the Ravens are going to sign and extend him, considering how much trade equity they gave.

But haven't seen anything about a new contract yet.
Its a rental, OP

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

worst case scenario for ravens is they get a 3rd round comp pick if he leaves and doesnt re-sign. So they basically sent a 5th and swapped a 2nd for a 3rd to get a 1/2 year rental

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

adaz posted:

worst case scenario for ravens is they get a 3rd round comp pick if he leaves and doesnt re-sign. So they basically sent a 5th and swapped a 2nd for a 3rd to get a 1/2 year rental

Yeah that's not bad.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

adaz posted:

2nd and 5th for a rental and a 3rd sounds a lot better than pick 50 and 150 for pick 100 and a rental.

The very end of the 3rd is a big difference from the middle of the 2nd.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

2nd and 5th for a rental and a 3rd sounds a lot better than pick 50 and 150 for pick 100 and a rental.

The very end of the 3rd is a big difference from the middle of the 2nd.

I guess it depends on where you think the ravens will end up this year. I suspect they will easily make the playoffs and probably lose in the divisional round which means that 2nd round pick is more likely till the back end of the 2nd but sure, fair enough.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

And at least in theory, the comp pick isn't guaranteed. But I guess the Ravens are a team that generally go to pretty great lengths to get them.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also it's a year later and a late 3 is significantly less valuable then a late 2.

That said it's fine as a rental, and if you can extend him great.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the Ravens are basically paying him nothing this year (because they can't). good players ain't free

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

fsif posted:

And at least in theory, the comp pick isn't guaranteed. But I guess the Ravens are a team that generally go to pretty great lengths to get them.

Yeah it depends on the market. Obviously I expect the market to be pretty good for him, but I thought the market was gonna be good for Judon/Ngakoue and it turned out that it was the covid year prior to the new tv deals and so the league colluded to not spend poo poo on anyone.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's a good idea to do it. the ravens do good ideas

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Borsche69 posted:

Yeah it depends on the market. Obviously I expect the market to be pretty good for him, but I thought the market was gonna be good for Judon/Ngakoue and it turned out that it was the covid year prior to the new tv deals and so the league colluded to not spend poo poo on anyone.

I meant more about the market for the Ravens' other FAs and what the Ravens will be in the market for. Like if the Ravens sign more guys than they lose, they won't get a comp pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It is week 9: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4016329&perpage=40&noseen=1#post527396113

e: I'm smart.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 1, 2022