Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mr. Nice! posted:

The joys of parity.

Parity is when your team hasn't won a title since Eisenhower was in office :goleft:

I remember a couple of copium articles when WCF was nearing death that the league should put its thumb on the scale a bit to help get one of its longest-serving owners a shot at a Super Bowl, but alas. Not like he deserved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

C-Euro posted:

Parity is when your team hasn't won a title since Eisenhower was in office :goleft:

I remember a couple of copium articles when WCF was nearing death that the league should put its thumb on the scale a bit to help get one of its longest-serving owners a shot at a Super Bowl, but alas. Not like he deserved it.

I meant that which teams are best and worst in any given year is not certain year to year. There are a few notable exceptions, but each year there are teams that were poo poo the previous year that are great and teams that were great that turned to poo poo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1584911096200167429

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't need some fancy graph to prove Chase Edmonds is poo poo!

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

I'm annoyed at how often this guy's tweets get posted but do I like those nice soft colors he uses in his graphs.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Sadly pretty accurate for Harris. You can see the talent when he catches the ball and has some space, but doesn't really seem to have any vision when taking handoffs to do anything beyond running into the lovely blocking ahead of him

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

Something to watch going into the game: the Bengals maybe reducing the play time or even benching Eli Apple. They played second round rookie Cam Taylor Britt for 30 snaps last week and he did pretty okay. Apple has not been bad largely up until now but the go he gave up vs the Falcons was just about disqualifying.

I will never understand why Eli Apple has gotten so many chances

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm glad my team is on a bye

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

syzpid posted:

Top 10 pick

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Niners at fourth in that chart: needs deeper analysis

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

more info on the autograph story

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1584939545120079872?s=20&t=PFYUlLFo99rkcZJ6kuvDFA

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

syzpid posted:

This is part of it of course, but I feel like he'd just be viewed as a normal sort of playable corner that kinda sucks if he never talked or posted on social media.

He gives fuel to the fire of disliking him I guess.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know if he was only dogshit on other teams but since coming to my house in the woods, eli apple makes a couple good plays every game, a couple not good plays every game, and gets totally and extremely embarrassed about once every other game. if he was a 3rd rounder i don't think anyone would know who he is in a particularly awful way but i also don't know if he would still be in the nfl. if you disagree please send me a pm with the true information so that i can edit it into this post as my thoughts

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

This is part of it of course, but I feel like he'd just be viewed as a normal sort of playable corner that kinda sucks if he never talked or posted on social media.

He gives fuel to the fire of disliking him I guess.

Yeah, every team needs a bunch of CB's, and he's.... fine.

But you kinda have to have diva mindset to play WR / DB which is why they're such great drama buckets.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Niners at fourth in that chart: needs deeper analysis

People think CMC will be what puts them over the top and are betting on them. Also I figure people in California have money to blow.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I'm not gonna go full conspiracy theory on this since I can absolutely believe refs are this clueless/tone deaf. But this really seems like something that should have easily been handled by like 2 text messages to Evans' agent. Not weirdly chasing him down in the tunnel.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

I don't need some fancy graph to prove Chase Edmonds is poo poo!

He was truly atrocious this last game. The 4th down call by McDaniel was actually there - he cut to the wrong side. Apparently he’s not very smart.

Very disappointing overall in the season. Mostert looking great tho!

Gotta ditch Edmunds asap and bring in a new spell HB

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Docjowles posted:

I'm not gonna go full conspiracy theory on this since I can absolutely believe refs are this clueless/tone deaf. But this really seems like something that should have easily been handled by like 2 text messages to Evans' agent. Not weirdly chasing him down in the tunnel.

If anything, it probably occurred to him when he saw Evans walking down the tunnel and figured he might as well ask about it while he was thinking about it

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It's time to compost this Apple

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1584946492191936513?s=20&t=M0AtF4XawRG-x3izLvlEGw

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I don't care how old he is or how broken the Bucs are, Tom Brady vs the 4th quarter Ravens is going to make me slam my face into a wall

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Docjowles posted:

Boomer refs don't understand such things.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

the ref story actually makes a lot more sense than the autograph thing which is just a fun scandal meant for ESPN's hit 2003 TV show "Playmakers" but isn't true

that being said, i think we're all forgetting the most important thing right now: the Miami Dolphins are the greatest team in the NFL and Tua will win a Super Bowl this year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/pigskin_addicts/status/1584904455786737673?t=jN70B8G2WQXDWX9zAK35uw&s=19

Rookie rear end

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Guys I found the guy doing a worse job then PFF

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1584973946671218688

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Rodgers was routinely throwing at receivers' cleats but honestly I think it actually was one of his better games all season.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I hope that Burrow gets his first win against the Browns this week.

Nov 6, 2002

I imagine a dimly lit, 80 degree film room. Rodgers sits at a desk with his arms crossed. A nervous coach begins writing grades on a whiteboard. As he gets to Rodgers name he begins to sweat profusely. He starts to write a six on the board, when he hears a loud throat clear behind him.

"Oh what a dummy I am, I wrote this 9 upside down," he says as he begins to erase, stopping first to wipe his brow.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

This actually makes me more suspicious than I was before!

Before people were making it sound like it might have been some procedural thing that only looked dumb because they looked like giddy idiots. This sounds a little too close for refs and players imo.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

I don’t care even if he was objectively correct in his assessment, this has big “my mom thinks I’m awesome” energy and I won’t imagine it otherwise

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Kalli posted:

"My mom says I'm doing great"

E: beaten, dammit

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He really should have stopped at the first part. That was fairly reasonable

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1584974395696680961?t=6rviWbbnPnu5XrY65i99YA&s=19

Florio, so who knows

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Gotta clear cap space to be able to sign FAs to fix the offense!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Better get rid of Pat Surtain Jr too, he’ll want a big contract and Denver needs money for Russell’s extension

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Broncos are so hosed lol

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Broncos are cowards. Let the terrific defense try and drag the offense to another Lombardi.

Nov 6, 2002

Bill might want to think about moving Hunter Henry or Bourne after he loses to the Jets.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

This must be one of the major instances of a team going into a debuild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/pick_six22/status/1584932546730545153?t=Qufz9GctH72hqwV6uOntoQ&s=19