Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/1584606687465701377?s=20&t=u7DqN5yten_MsiLv0GZAIA

quote:

"I got to see him walk off the field...his rear end, hips, and thighs are bigger than a goddamn horse...he walked like he had just got off of a horse. He has this aura about him that makes you think that this guy can be a leader."

:wiggle: :horse: :wiggle:

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Wow I heard some silly poo poo about Miami exploring a trade for Chubb but it was from a nobody. Just like the Jeudy rumor

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
These Chicago Bears are gonna win two weeks in a row

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Zurreco posted:

These Chicago Bears are gonna win two weeks in a row

:hmmno:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

There's no limit to how many games the Chicago Bears can win. Two? Four??

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
BREAKOUT BEARS BOUNCING BACK BIGLY briefly

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Remember when they put Mac Jones on the top 100 list this summer and left off Terry McLaurin and one of you Pats fans tried to defend it

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Jones, McCorkle Jones.

Shaken, also scared.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I can get why he's popular but Pat McAfee annoys the poo poo out of me these days.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I think he's getting worse.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Yeah he loving sucks, can’t stand hearing clips of his podcast

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

^^^although if you just never liked him then that's fair too

I think it's just the natural progression of a fast rising star who ends up getting kind of over-exposed.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Having him on college game day is annoying

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

syzpid posted:

I will never understand why Eli Apple has gotten so many chances

Within the context of the Bengals it's because there's been two straight years where he was expected to be a backup but the presumed starter or competition had a preseason injury.

He's not nearly as bad as people act like he is. I didn't watch him when he played for the Giants or the Saints, It's very possible he was incredibly bad for them, but for the Bengals he's been a major contributor for a fairly good defense.

I wouldn't want to pay him JC Jackson money or anything, but considering he's got like a 3 million dollar salary there are many many many worse options out there.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

kiimo posted:

Remember when they put Mac Jones on the top 100 list this summer and left off Terry McLaurin and one of you Pats fans tried to defend it

The intern who finalized the list was told that QB Jones was a top 100 player and just happened to choose the wrong one, it happens

Like that time some magazine voted Rich Gannon the sexiest male athlete and the photographer who had never watched a game of football in their life showed up to take some glamor shots with the instructions of "it's the chiefs qb" and wound up photographing their elf rear end looking backup qb instead

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1585014349336236033?s=20&t=Lloxb7ovIExdnBO43isQsQ

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’s gotten a tinge more annoying since he’s been hired on game day (on the actual show, I mean. Certain type of folks like college football and he doesn’t turn that dial down enough when hes NOT at game day and doing his daily show)

I catch it once or twice a week. It’s a fun rear end show to have on in the background but I understand he’s gotten extremely popular and thus is goon poison. If he keeps up that game day style poo poo I’m probably gonna reduce it to once a week, whenever I think to throw it on in the background

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pat McAfee has a face for radio and a voice for silent films

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Charged for two guns and a sixpack

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Fine? I guess.

I don't know why you do it now and why it's only two games, or is even two games or how they come to these decisions. But I'm not gonna be too bothered by his suspension in either direction, I'll just think it's weird.

And look forward to him getting cut after this season.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Lol suspended right after probably his best game as a Chief

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Iodised QQ posted:

The intern who finalized the list was told that QB Jones was a top 100 player and just happened to choose the wrong one, it happens

Like that time some magazine voted Rich Gannon the sexiest male athlete and the photographer who had never watched a game of football in their life showed up to take some glamor shots with the instructions of "it's the chiefs qb" and wound up photographing their elf rear end looking backup qb instead

Gannon was the backup and was “sexy” in terms of trade bait.

But even Grbac’s wife going huh? Is just the most hilarious thing ever

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He's sexy because of his personality.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Iodised QQ posted:

their elf rear end looking backup qb instead

It's spelled "Elvis"

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

It's spelled "Elvis"

:golfclap:

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Obviously an autograph is superficially worse but the refs having close relationships with the players to the point they are personally setting up golf lessons is not exactly suggestive of impartiality.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1585032205918609408?t=Kazjrc1e8Qry3Xv3ol4XgQ&s=19

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kalli posted:

Guys I found the guy doing a worse job then PFF

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1584973946671218688

Someone should tell Aaron there's two A's in his name

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

King Hong Kong posted:

Obviously an autograph is superficially worse but the refs having close relationships with the players to the point they are personally setting up golf lessons is not exactly suggestive of impartiality.

Setting up golf lessons with a close friend of his could also easily be a round about "payment" thing. Not saying it is that, but it's super duper in the realm of stuff refs shouldn't be doing with any current player.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Pat McAfee is a former Colt and thus as a Titans fan I hate him, but he's also been hyping up the Vols on College GameDay.

What I'm saying is Pat McAfee is a man of contrasts.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/josephjefe/status/1584678528850620417/photo/1

here's the non-cut image

Devin Duvernay good

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Everyone was hating on GB's returner (although I don't know if they have a different one for punts vs kickoffs), but it seems like the main problem there and with the Titans is they need to get more kickoffs to shine.

Receiving kickoffs generally means something bad has happened, but ignore that part of the equation.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thing is, yes on average you're giving up a few yards of field position, however if you have a weaker offense, are down multiple scores or are facing a team who makes more mistakes in special teams, you should often take that risk. A single return to the 35-40 is more EPA gained then a half dozen drives starting at the 20 instead of the 25.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

If this took place in Missouri I'm genuinely curious what happened as the state passed permitless concealed carry in May of that year.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

If this took place in Missouri I'm genuinely curious what happened as the state passed permitless concealed carry in May of that year.

it was in LA IIRC

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

lol sample size

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Android Apocalypse posted:

I mean nothing in Missouri almost surely, but

Mystic Stylez posted:

it was in LA IIRC

I don't know if it was in LA specifically but it was somewhere in California. Twice. Like he did it once and did the same thing again.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I don't know if it was in LA specifically but it was somewhere in California. Twice. Like he did it once and did the same thing again.

It was downtown LA for sure

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Pat McAfee is made for YouTube. You'll probably enjoy it if you look at the thumbnail and agree with what he's clearly going to say. You won't if you don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

Pat McAfee is made for YouTube. You'll probably enjoy it if you look at the thumbnail and agree with what he's clearly going to say. You won't if you don't

Or if you’re a fan of a team that his producers or whatever like. They’ve always got tons of dolphins topics because of the guys is a huge fins fan