Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Kalli posted:

Thing is, yes on average you're giving up a few yards of field position, however if you have a weaker offense, are down multiple scores or are facing a team who makes more mistakes in special teams, you should often take that risk. A single return to the 35-40 is more EPA gained then a half dozen drives starting at the 20 instead of the 25.

You can lose a fumble if you return it. Not sure if there's more 40+ yard kickoff returns or fumbled returns, but drat do they hurt so give me the coward touchback every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

joe football posted:

You can lose a fumble if you return it. Not sure if there's more 40+ yard kickoff returns or fumbled returns, but drat do they hurt so give me the coward touchback every time

I'd guess that there are more 40 yard kickoff returns than fumbles (I might be wrong), but there are also a whole lot of 15 yard returns which is where the rub is.

You're basically rolling the dice, if you get a good play you're going to get a really damned good play. Most of the time you're going to get a play that's sort of equal to a touchback and you risk giving up a penalty or...you know, you just don't get it that far.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

From an athletic article but dying of laughter that 3 out of the top 10 picks - and 2 of hte top 5 - are coming from teams that way oversold their chances at being good this year and there is a good chance at least 2 playoff teams in the Eagles/Seahwaks are making top 5 picks. Part of the recent trend in trading 1sts for established vets - really started by the rams - was because low first round picks are.. fine. They should turn into good players and maybe great but more or less you're trading away a couple years of cheap/good for 1 year of cheap and good player. The thing with top 5/10 picks are these are or should be ideally all-pro/perennial pro bowl guys. I mean right now if this was the 2022 NFL draft the Seahawks would be getting Sauce Gardner and the Texans Kayvon Thibodeaux .

just incredible

Only registered members can see post attachments!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The New Orleans trade was the only one that was really dumb on the face of it. They somehow convinced themselves they could keep the Perpetual Winner machine going without a QB and with their cap crunch becoming increasingly real

At least they hit on Olave I guess

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

I tried to order Russ' sandwich tonight from subway and it would let me. Too spicy

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

xbilkis posted:

The New Orleans trade was the only one that was really dumb on the face of it. They somehow convinced themselves they could keep the Perpetual Winner machine going without a QB and with their cap crunch becoming increasingly real

At least they hit on Olave I guess

They got a left tackle that might actually be ready to play by the time they can draft a QB, I guess.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Antonio Brown

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/status/1585037647046508544

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thats a very ugly human

Inb4 monitor on

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

isnt he on dialysis?

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

"YOU LIKE THAT!" is 7 years old

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

10/10 no notes

https://twitter.com/AB84/status/1585085168842604544?t=iR4Y-R9pI7fY05vfBnKarA&s=19

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Good for him sticking by his friend.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

with a president like AB84 this Donda's going somewhere

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Would like to present at a Donda board meeting.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Would like to present at a Donda board meeting.

AB whips it out while Ye rants about jews and his mom

Nov 6, 2002

Sounds like Wall Street to me.

The Donda Sports website is a little underwhelming: https://donda-sports.com/

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Sounds like Wall Street to me.

The Donda Sports website is a little underwhelming: https://donda-sports.com/

it's a bad shopify site so that feelsa bout right.. also they are pulling their code from an s3 bucket so that's.... great.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1585247374007357442
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1585247374846435329

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Sauce is so filthy. God dammit.

Nov 6, 2002

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Ey, is that Marco "Nikita Khrushchev" Wilson gettin' NFC DPOY?

I joke, it's great to see that he appears to be succeeding in the NFL. Also I'd say that the Atlanta Falcons of all teams are, if not already in the Bad But Fun category, on the verge of upgrading into it. God drat does this incarnation of the Falcons fight all the way down.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Man, the giants get no respect

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

I mean the Giants should be watching college QBs regardless of record so that checks out

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

CharlestheHammer posted:

Man, the giants get no respect

I'm not sure they deserve much. Outside of the Ravens, who hosed themselves into a loss, they've played one good team (the Cowboys) and got beat. Meanwhile, they're barely squeaking by bad-to-middling opponents. You can only play who's in front of you, sure, but they haven't been impressive.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Toaster Beef posted:

I'm not sure they deserve much. Outside of the Ravens, who hosed themselves into a loss, they've played one good team (the Cowboys) and got beat. Meanwhile, they're barely squeaking by bad-to-middling opponents. You can only play who's in front of you, sure, but they haven't been impressive.

As someone whose watched a fair bit of it, beating poo poo teams is not an easy thing this year

With some exceptions

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
That's a very fair point. The Giants have the Cowboys, Vikings, and Eagles (twice) in the final eight weeks, so if they stay remotely healthy, we'll have a better idea of who they really are just in time for them to make a bullshit run through the playoffs and lose by 49 to the Bills

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Toaster Beef posted:

The entire league is bad to middling so if they keep this up they'll be 14-3 but still not win their division because the NFCE is the new monster division.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Toaster Beef posted:

That's a very fair point. The Giants have the Cowboys, Vikings, and Eagles (twice) in the final eight weeks, so if they stay remotely healthy, we'll have a better idea of who they really are just in time for them to make a bullshit run through the playoffs and lose by 49 to the Bills

You really want to put the giants against an offensive juggernaut that everyone agrees would be poised to win? I can feel the voodoo dolls starting to rise.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

The Dave posted:

You really want to put the giants against an offensive juggernaut that everyone agrees would be poised to win? I can feel the voodoo dolls starting to rise.

Josh will get that 19 win season that Brady never will.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/mikekadlick/status/1585091623071145984

Nov 6, 2002

Wonder if the Skycam also told Bill not to put a spy on Fields.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

That's a very fair point. The Giants have the Cowboys, Vikings, and Eagles (twice) in the final eight weeks, so if they stay remotely healthy, we'll have a better idea of who they really are just in time for them to make a bullshit run through the playoffs and beat the Bills by 13

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Views: they still weren’t beating the Bears but lol

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Wonder if the Skycam also told Bill not to put a spy on Fields.

No, the league got really mad at them last time they filmed an opponent

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Interesting story about this new collar that some NFL players are wearing to help against concussions

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/q-collar-medical-device-limit-concussions-college-football-nfl

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

bows1 posted:

Interesting story about this new collar that some NFL players are wearing to help against concussions

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/q-collar-medical-device-limit-concussions-college-football-nfl

Love to increase intracranial blood volume and pressure in a sport featuring violent blows to the head.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Is that thing like magnet bracelets that “help with balance” or some poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

No, the theory is that by having a tiny bit more blood surrounding your brain you can prevent concussions. It's accomplishing this by slowing the return flow of blood from the brain back to the heart - which doesn't sound like a great thing for an athlete, but what do I know.