Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Pron on VHS posted:

Pretty nice TNF game

A week ago I would have said that the TNF games looks marginally better than other TNF games but now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

really queer Christmas posted:

The bills off a bye against the falling apart packers seems like a good week to be aboard the gently caress Aaron rodgers express.

this is 2022 so of course the Packers will win by 20

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol sample size

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Hot Diggity! posted:

It rocks that this guy has the ear of virtually everyone in the leauge.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1585507810263154688

He's also dumb as poo poo.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, a franchise known for never losing 3 consecutive games long before Brady showed up lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I would have sworn that taking your penalty off in the field of play it is a helmet automatically unless the helmet is knocked off in the process of the play?

He caught a 60+ yard pass for a TD, got up, took his helmet off at the back of the end zone. He didn't throw it 50 yards downfield at the 30 yard line or anything

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm not sure I follow. He took his helmet off in the field of play (a not-his-team's-sideline part of the field). Maybe I should have been more specific: my understanding is that if you take your helmet off anywhere that is not your own sideline it is automatically a penalty. Therefore DJM got penalized for taking his helmet off in the back of the endzone.

It's very letter of the law and not spirit of the law. It's also not why the Panthers lost the game, imo. Just one of those things where the NFL is very anti-fun

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Additionally, Cam did something similar last year against Arizona and the penalty was applied on the kickoff, but unclear if the coach was given a choice about that.

During the game the refs announced that Atlanta elected to enforce it on the extra point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I...disagree that it's not the spirit of the law and I hate to, but this is what the NFL wants. They, because they are idiots, do not want players taking their helmets off on the field to celebrate because they do not want players becoming their own brands. It's the dumbest poo poo ever from any angle as far as I can tell, but you're a name and a number and not a face if you're an NFL player. I have never heard of it in a celebration mode being a safety issue.

It did give us Dwayne Rudd giving the Browns one of their more painful losses in history, which is saying something. So the rule has that going for it.

I would assume the rule is more about either player safety (so a guy without a helmet isn't in the middle of 21 other guys) or delay of game (throwing your helmet downfield in between plays)