Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Finished the run on the first wave of dlc. Didn't run into any of the new stuff from the second wave. Kind of a bummer they didn't back port any of the sparks and enemies(or I just failed to roll any of them, I suppose), but not unexpected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I like the Melodic Gardens even though it isn’t that different from the other planets, gameplay-wise. The vibe is great and it’s visually a lot nicer than most of the other planets tbh. I’ve been playing through it very slowly and enjoying my time.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Yeah, it's nothing new to the game, but its just more for anyone who wanted it. I found it pretty enjoyable, and music land was pretty nice to wander through.

e: I just wish the new enemies and sparks got backported into the first dlc. They were a welcome change to how I attacked the map and I kind of missed them in the tower. It also means rayman won't wind up in there either, which is a shame.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jul 9, 2023

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/mariorabbids/status/1686406635407777793?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

They brought back the best boss from the first game for the Rayman DLC!!!!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Rayman dlc has been all right. Rayman functionally gets a pair of sparks welded to him, and in exchange for his loss of customization, activating his costumes also modifies his weapon attack and normal ability.

I hope you like rabbid mario and rabbid peach, because that's all the party you get.

My general impression a good ways in is that this is basically a stripped-down version of the first dlc campaign. No new enemies so far, your party is locked to the same three people, doesn't really excite or bore. It's just more, and it's there, but so was the last one and it had more of more.