Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Game is good.

Talk about how good it is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Rabbid Mario becomes a killing machine partway through planet 3

Rabbid Luigi just isn't the same though and I don't use them in this game

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
It does. Peach is really good.

Just got to a 2 person challenge tentacle that requires Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Rosalina. I hate it.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
^--I think that's a glitch. I remember reading about someone else who had the same problem.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

My dude, you can use a Spark to give him an element to his weapon and then smack 3-7 guys at once with Blaze/Splash/Spark/Frostbite/Gust/whatever. He’s insanely good for the missions where you have to hit a bunch of darkmess eyes, as well.

Rabbid Mario is insanely good once he gets the ability to continue moving after punching and then more punches. Give him a crit %+ Spark and lol

R Luigi is just too situational to want to have at all times. Too many times you can only hit a few enemies and it's a 3 turn wait to reuse an elemental spark. I'd rather have Luigi or Edge.

Vampastra and Glitter on Rabbid Mario make him such a death machine. Him plus Peach with Starburst and Exosphere and Edge with Ethering and Vampdash is my current standard party.

My neighbor is using Mario, Luigi, and Rabbid Peach, but I hate having to think so much about turn order to effectively use all those reaction shots.

I know there's no turn limit/goal this time, but I still want to try and finish maps as quickly as possible.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Giant boss advice

Luigi + Rabbid Rosalina + Peach has murdered the 1st 3 giant bosses in 2-4 turns. But having the vamp attack spark from planet 3 makes a huge difference because it adds damage not resisted by the giant boss and gives increased crit chance.

1st turn:
Peach uses Starburst and maybe attacks
Luigi moves near max distance of giant boss and uses vamp attack spark and steely stare
Rabbid Rosalina uses either Screech or Glitter ONLY on the giant boss to make Luigi shoot 3 times and take off about half of their health. Then she uses Ennui on the boss and as many enemies as possible to lock them down for 2 turns.

I put Ethering on Peach so she could stay near the giant boss the next 2 turns as well and can keep stacking the boss, jumping to give Rabbid Peach a barrier or just using barrier tech on the team.

By the time Steely Stare is ready again you can have Rabbid Peach set off the boss with the other forced movement spark.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I mean, it doesn't exactly make sense that a giant enemy who's resistant to all elemental effects would be susceptible to the most broken status effect in the game.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Don't know if there is anything in game that explains it

Burn you know. It can also set other people on fire if they touch them. It's great for getting enemies out of cover, but I don't like it that much because I usually have my turns preplanned and it's a very unpredictable effect.

Splash is a persistent Bounce from the 1st game so anytime they get hit they bounce back into the air.

Ooze is poison damage each turn. I don't know if it's flat damage or a % of HP. I don't think it's that useful because you're not typically leaving enemies in attack range alive for more than 1 turn anyway.

Shock causes additional damage that can also spread to a nearby enemy. I don't know if it does anything to interrupt an enemy like cancelling their overwatch for example. Would be more useful if it did.

Freeze leaves the enemy unable to move, but they can still use abilities and shoot. A pretty good effect if you don't want to use Rabbid Rosalina, but want a way to keep enemies stuck for a turn while you run past or gain an advantageous position.

Gust is Push from the 1st game. The enemy tumbles back in the opposite direction they were hit.

Vampire is lifesteal and rocks because you get a damage boost, you regain life, and I don't think anyone resists it. I have Vampdash on Edge with her 4 dashes and whatever the Vamp attack one is on Rabbid Mario.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Pretty sure it does when you first meet her, but I don't remember the dialogue.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Has anyone been using a Peachless party? I was about to try Edge, R Mario, and Bowser before the kids woke up, but then the kids woke up so now I'm left wondering how well it will work. I've been missing having a long ranged character and lately Peach has just been using Starburst the 1st turn and then Barrier the 2nd while mostly just adding chip damage. I'd lose Barrier with Bowser, but I'm hoping extra killing power and distractions from the Mecha koopas would make up for it and let me hit the far away enemies.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Even if it was only 1 turn the invisible spark would still be really good. They could reduce the range of Glitter and it'd also still be really good.

I'm hoping the dlc adds more challenging maps. I did enjoy the ultra challenge maps they added to Kingdom Battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Sounds fun except for the crashing and corrupted save part. Maybe I'll wait to see how widespread that is before trying it.