Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

mutantIke posted:

Post-debate commentator saying it's good that Fett debated Oz despite barely being able to form a sentence. Unable to see how this is the case

If he avoided the debate, it would be like conceding that Oz's attempts to paint him as a brain-dead zombie were correct. He showed up. He didn't poo poo his pants. He was not super-polished, but I don't know if he needed to be.

I don't know how voters in Pa felt, but I do think there was at least some kind of lowered expectations for Fetterman because of the controversy in the lead-up. I can also see how the GOP base is now fired up to pick on the sick guy too, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Nix Panicus posted:

Wasnt the whole 'Fetterman is medically unfit to be senator' angle a democrat attack after Fetterman won against the empty suit?

Oz was harping on Fetterman's lack of in-person presence in his campaign for months before the MSNBC interview, so I don't think it's a Democratic insider knife in the back. It was the obvious angle for attack, especially given Oz's own weaknesses.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

maruhkati posted:

Man, that shithead's really gonna be a Senator, huh?

Cancel culture REALLY needs to hurry up and come for Oprah. She fuckin' deserves it.

She really does.

America will be happy to get rid of her too. I'm trying to think of anything she's been associated with since her show ended (like that Wrinkle in Time movie and O Magazine) that has been successful and I can't think of anything. No one gets cancelled as easily as a fading celebrity.