Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Buschmaki posted:

Bocchi's gay, and dat's dat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Give Bocchi some space, she is not ready to came out of the mango box yet.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Captain Quack posted:

Give Bocchi some space, she is not ready to came out of the mango box yet.

or the literal closet she does music in lol

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's safe and comfortable in the closet. That's why people like Bocchi (introverts) hide in them.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
The spinoff seems cool

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

You can only think of Halloween until you die.
When talking about whether a not a fictional character is gay and your default is "this character hasn't explicitly said they are gay/expressed feelings for a same sex character so it is not true" you are implying that heterosexuality is the default and queerness is a deviation from the norm. Which sucks.

If Bocchi was gender swapped I don't think there would be hesitation in assuming they were het and interested in girls based on the manga/anime content, so there really shouldn't be any hesitation in assuming that Bocchi is gay/bi here.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Finally on a PC that can post in here and looking at all of the Kirara series that got anime, only a few have a het couple at the rest are either yuri or have yuri undertones like Yuyushiki, Hidamari Sketch. Slow Start, GochiUsa, Machikado Mazoku, and Sakura Trick. Unless it has male characters for Bocchi to be attracted to, I'm gonna default to her being gay/bi since there's an obvious pattern in these sorts of series under this publisher with female only primary casts and largely female secondary casts.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also the argument that Bocchi isn't gay cause some other series was just bait is also an argument I've seen people use for Suletta/Miorine and Chisato/Takina and it's annoying there and definitely used to mask homophobia

Edit: Maybe I'm being a bit to harsh cause some of them probably are more fans from the tumblr era that just the negative in everything and really don't engage with media

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 11, 2023

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

there's a manga panel where Bocchi literally goes "I want a cosplayer girlfriend" with zero ambiguity. literally コスプレイヤーの彼女.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I mean come on

edit: this was after Kita wrote incredibly horny lyrics about some gyoza and Bocchi misinterpreted it as being about a guy

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jul 11, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also for other Manga time manga , although they did it off screen, New Game ended with Ko and Rin married

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Which lyrics were super gay? I don’t remember anything standing out to me.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Can I say that 'big titty cosplayer girlfriend' is pretty bad as evidentiary standards go? It's a jab at trashy LNs rather than some reflection of Bocchi's sexuality. There is literally a 'big titty cosplayer' character in the manga and Bocchi has zero interest in them.

And considering Guitar Hero is Bocchi's online identity constructed from what Bocchi wants to be -- popular and well-liked -- "having a basketball captain boyfriend" is more indicative of sexuality than that.

The real reason Bocchi is gay is because 'Like a constellation' has the gayest lyrics to ever exist.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

scaterry posted:

Can I say that 'big titty cosplayer girlfriend' is pretty bad as evidentiary standards go? It's a jab at trashy LNs
i really dont think it is

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Bocchi is gay the end The End THE END

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

scaterry posted:

Can I say that 'big titty cosplayer girlfriend' is pretty bad as evidentiary standards go? It's a jab at trashy LNs rather than some reflection of Bocchi's sexuality. There is literally a 'big titty cosplayer' character in the manga and Bocchi has zero interest in them.

And considering Guitar Hero is Bocchi's online identity constructed from what Bocchi wants to be -- popular and well-liked -- "having a basketball captain boyfriend" is more indicative of sexuality than that.

I think you have this backwards, she made up the basketball captain boyfriend to appear less pathetic, not for any reason of actual indication of attraction, while the big titty cosplay girlfriend would be a desired outcome in and of itself because Bocchi wants a big titty cosplay girlfriend. shes gonna end up with a small titty gal

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah she says the basketball thing as part of her illusion of being cool online while the cosplayer girlfriend is just something she was fantasizing about for real

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Spanish scans for chapter 2 of Kikuri's Heavy Drinking Diary just dropped.
Spoilers: Kikuri is drunk, and broke, and stupid, and cancelled.

Two chapters might be too early to gauge where the story's going, but I get the feeling that they are building up to deal with Kikuri's alcoholism more seriously, even if the tone is fairly light so far. It's unlikely that we'll see much in the way of character development since her story's going to run parallel to BTR! and as of the latest Bocchi chapter Kikuri's still going strong on that Happiness Spiral. We might get an entire chapter dedicated to Kikuri committing tax fraud, though, so there's that to look forward to.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://youtu.be/jNyJ9WIYAB0

I bet this woman could pound back a bottle or two of sake

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Or a dozen boxes.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Kikuri still being a trash person. this time we get to see her band mates attempt to rein her in. How does that fare?

this series is just as funny as Bocchi for very different reasons

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

tbh my immediate reaction to this chapter was that kikuri is hilarious as a side character but just kind of depressing when she gets all the focus, so i hope this side series finds some kind of groove beyond that

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

kidcoelacanth posted:

tbh my immediate reaction to this chapter was that kikuri is hilarious as a side character but just kind of depressing when she gets all the focus, so i hope this side series finds some kind of groove beyond that

I imagine the writers had that in mind when they made this, especially since BTR is really great about character development and this comic is built less like a gag manga and more like a narrative. We’re gonna get Kikuri turning into less of a trash person and more of an actual adult capable of being (marginally) responsible.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Man I fuckin' hope not

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

verbal enema posted:

Man I fuckin' hope not

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh its in sort of a weird position because as a spinoff manga itd be weird if kikuri got development there and not in the main series. its fine for shima and eliza since they're pretty minor characters in the main manga but kikuri is major enough that itd feel weird to have her suddenly develop offscreen

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Endorph posted:

tbh its in sort of a weird position because as a spinoff manga itd be weird if kikuri got development there and not in the main series. its fine for shima and eliza since they're pretty minor characters in the main manga but kikuri is major enough that itd feel weird to have her suddenly develop offscreen

You get 15 pages a month in the main series and you’ve got 4 characters that you have to focus on before Kikuri, there’s hardly enough space to give her any real development there. I think a spin-off is the right call, she doesn’t show up that often anyways and I bet there are very few people who aren’t gonna read both, but she’s an interesting character and there’s a fun story to be told about someone who already made it big

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

verbal enema posted:

Man I fuckin' hope not

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Chapter 68, the end of the Kita's family arc, courtesy of Ripe Mango.

MayOrMayNotBeACat
Jul 22, 2017

Well apparently Yen Press is handling the official release.

https://www.amazon.com/Bocchi-Rock-Vol-Aki-Hamazi-ebook/dp/B0C4FZMF17/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
https://twitter.com/jintor_au/status/1682127264237092864

This is funny and sad at the same time.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Where is this, I will give them all a good home

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Look at this dope poo poo

https://twitter.com/btr_stage/status/1687388024588611584?s=61&t=p3q_Jh3l7EiiLtw3f9k_8Q

edit: unrelated but Bocchi’s VA did a live version of the AKFG song they closed this season with to open a big battle of the bands for high schoolers, and she even played guitar! It was also really cool, I love how much the music is resonating with people, it’s all so good

https://twitter.com/voice_sol_0927/status/1688423227662721024?s=61&t=p3q_Jh3l7EiiLtw3f9k_8Q

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Aug 7, 2023

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I don't know if anyone's psyched about Bocchi figures, but Good Smile is releasing Nendoroids of the band. Here are the mock ups:

http://whl4u.jp/whg2023s/gallery/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=whg2023s&utm_term=gsc_kahotan#/images/140

http://whl4u.jp/whg2023s/gallery/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=whg2023s&utm_term=gsc_kahotan#/images/139

http://whl4u.jp/whg2023s/gallery/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=whg2023s&utm_term=gsc_kahotan#/images/138

Our main girl, Hiroi Goto is going to be shipped sometime in Q3 2023. I'm stoked; it looks hella cute.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh those sculpts look nice. Very playful designs.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

That live show is going to be streaming online. The first Friday evening show (5am EST this Friday morning) and the last Sunday shows (11pm EST Saturday the 19th and 4am Sunday the 20th) are both available on that website, I was able to buy tickets despite living in the US so I don’t think it’s region locked. All of the women playing the main 4 seem very talented and they’ll be playing the music from the show so I imagine being completely non-fluent won’t kill my enjoyment all the way

https://twitter.com/btr_stage/status/1689079407355600898?s=61&t=p3q_Jh3l7EiiLtw3f9k_8Q

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Crunchyroll actually does carry live-action series so, while not a guarantee, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that they would license and stream this live action series.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Edward IV posted:

Crunchyroll actually does carry live-action series so, while not a guarantee, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that they would license and stream this live action series.

It’s a stage show, not a live action series, I don’t know how often those get subbed and brought here but maybe if it’s really good….

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Stage show good

https://twitter.com/btr_stage/status/1689965492944220160?s=61&t=p3q_Jh3l7EiiLtw3f9k_8Q

https://youtu.be/w8ktq7YZFtw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/HimeHinghoi/status/1690066579193757701?t=Ba9jvsArtikd7867iY9zwg&s=19

Bocchi the Grappler