Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/jerktweets/status/1677607611175190528?t=Kasw4KL7uJZFAqhbq8d0Zw&s=19

i went to a live at the club in Tokyo I'm pretty sure bocchis venue is based off of

edit: the live loving ruled btw

https://twitter.com/jerktweets/status/1677865966317993987?t=gufikTs0HYjhKClAAJe9bQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It certainly looks hole in the wall enough to be the inspiration for Bocchi's.venue.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Yeah, SHELTER has been a shrine for Bocchi fans since the anime and for a while afterwards had signs asking fans to be respectful and not block patrons.
Everything I've seen of people visiting looks awesome.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Those are cool, thanks for sharing jerkface

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
New Kikuri spinoff chapter.

Still an rear end but an rear end with heart~.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

:agreed:

That place looks tiny, but really dang cool. I don't know what she was singing about in your clip, but drat if it didn't rock.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Popo posted:

Yeah, SHELTER has been a shrine for Bocchi fans since the anime and for a while afterwards had signs asking fans to be respectful and not block patrons.

It must be weird to just randomly become an iconic spot because some creative liked the look of your building. It’s like the Full House house or the Ghostbusters firehouse, all of a sudden you just have a bunch of nerds stopping by to take pictures (and hopefully nothing more disruptive). When I went in January it was an off day so I had to wander around for a minute before I could even find it. Got my picture though. Honestly next time I go to Japan I can see myself spending more time in Shimokita generally, hipster neighborhoods rule. There’s a great record shop a few blocks away too.

edit: also I think this week’s Kikuri is another tiny step towards her maybe not drinking so much

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 12, 2023

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

New Bocchi Chapter up! Featuring a sober Kikuri?!

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Popo posted:

It’s funny how anime fans are so impressionable but also don’t know necessarily how to function at all so they’re willing to try the new things but have to be told how to do it and not die (see also, the end cards on every episode of Yuru Camp).

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Kikuri chapter 5, in which it's a hard life being an insecure fan.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc3XqQqNUWI

Yay I'm not the only one who thought of this dumb idea.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006
Chapter 70, charting new depths in social anxiety - and for once, it's not Bocchi or Kikuri.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
You know what would be the height of irony? If YOASOBI did a song for the next season of the anime.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

narm00 posted:

Chapter 70, charting new depths in social anxiety - and for once, it's not Bocchi or Kikuri.

Bocchi the Rock! entering the typical shonen social anxiety creep trap :/

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
What?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
idk I don't think this new girl has a higher power level than "poison yami" or anything ootsuki does

yourbuddyzee
Oct 6, 2023

Talorat posted:

It’s funny how anime fans are so impressionable but also don’t know necessarily how to function at all so they’re willing to try the new things but have to be told how to do it and not die (see also, the end cards on every episode of Yuru Camp).

reminds me of the instructions for martial arts moves in Holyland that the author put in there because he already knows that the readers will want to try it themselves. Leading to a friend of mine picking up boxing after reading it. Maybe bocchi will have this same effect. Leading to people becoming guitarists.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Not going to lie, it's made me want to join a band again despite not having played in public since high school more than 20 years ago

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

yourbuddyzee posted:

Maybe bocchi will have this same effect. Leading to people becoming guitarists.

it already did ages ago and already had its conclusion arc of a ton of secondhand yamahas showing back up in music stores recently

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Futaba Anzu posted:

it already did ages ago and already had its conclusion arc of a ton of secondhand yamahas showing back up in music stores recently

I thought it was that it was so popular that people wanted her guitar and that's what the pic was showing

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

verbal enema posted:

I thought it was that it was so popular that people wanted her guitar and that's what the pic was showing

most of those people proceeded to return the guitars after a couple months because they got tired of the hobby

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that pic showed a pretty normal amount of returned guitars tbh, its just that they were all a specific make

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

pointlessone posted:

Not going to lie, it's made me want to join a band again despite not having played in public since high school more than 20 years ago

Maybe one day you can look as cool as these women:

https://youtu.be/RWrBMr5Ur2c?si=4VkV0sVEOpded2oy

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

DC Murderverse posted:

oh :stwoon:

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

yourbuddyzee posted:

reminds me of the instructions for martial arts moves in Holyland that the author put in there because he already knows that the readers will want to try it themselves. Leading to a friend of mine picking up boxing after reading it. Maybe bocchi will have this same effect. Leading to people becoming guitarists.

It got me back into playing guitar again after like 5 years of not playing.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'd been playing guitar pretty seriously before 2020 but the peak of the pandemic really killed interest in that for a while so it was nice to watch Bocchi and feel the urge to play a lot again.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

there was an article on sankei news that crunchyroll reported on saying that guitar sales had increased by like 73% in the past year. music retailers like ishibashi are attributing this to bocchi and recovery from a decline in sales after covid hit and people couldn't form bands.

the biggest increase in sales went to the pacifica 611 bocchi gets, which increased sales threefold

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

DC Murderverse posted:

Respect the AC/DC shirt. :rock:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Ok I was talking with some people about Bocchi in a discord and Weezer came up and I decided that Bocchi would absolutely love Pinkerton, because Weezer is a big inspiration for one of her favorite bands and Pinkerton feels like the sort of deeply ugly lyrics that Bocchi would dream of writing

What American albums would the others like? In my head Kita’s a big pop music fan and would eat up some Olivia Rodrigo because it’s squarely aimed at teenage girls who like more rock-tinged music but I’m having more trouble with the other two

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I think Ryo would like Tool and Radiohead

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

theres a shot of ryo's room in the show with a bunch of band posters on the wall, i remember Sigur Rós was one

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bocchi feels like she'd be deep into Prog like Pink Floyd, Yes or even King Crimson

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ryo mentions she listens to like arabic and indian rock doesnt she.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Endorph posted:

ryo mentions she listens to like arabic and indian rock doesnt she.

She does but the way nijika reacts makes it seem like she’s just loving around trying to seem cool/weird

Ryo probably does have a very eclectic taste overall

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
The most important collab.
https://twitter.com/11922960_ze/status/1731270282063826996

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Goober_Jackson/status/1734581268052934713?s=20

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

DC Murderverse posted:

She does but the way nijika reacts makes it seem like she’s just loving around trying to seem cool/weird

Ryo probably does have a very eclectic taste overall
I feel like Ryo might be a fan of Gorillaz, given the wide range of subgenres they cover, but they might also be too mainstream for her.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/Silverpriv925/status/1739334591016559003

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Bocchi is so real for all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I feel bad for Kita how much Bocchi likes big boobs