Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Shine on you crazy Bocchi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You could also swap the main characters and still have mostly the same jokes

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

That was a good visual gag made great by the fact Bocchi just didn't stop

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The manga likes to open with Album cover homages for each chapter so the anime going the extra mile for some rock homages is super nice. Mop top Bocchi it's okay to have a dalliance with a woman!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Fist of the Bocchi!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The music 100% made that scene. Made it feel like a Ghibli film

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Concert being a great mix of painful and uplifting at the same rime

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2i0i9gWE00

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The episode also had some quiet moments where you didn't need amazing animation. The whole end conversation with Nijika and Bocchi was a nice subdued scene that didn't need complicated animation

Also really loved the way Nijika figured out Bocchi was Guitarhero. Just a nice subtle moment that wasn't played for a huge laugh but for growth between the 2 characters

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I read the manga after the first few episodes and it's a good 4 Koma and it does some neat things and the anime is doing a great job elevating things.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SICK HACK'z concert visual felt like it could be in any 60's Prog rock promo video or film. Just great nailing of that vibe

Edit: actually would love a spin off series for the other bands in Bocchi

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 10, 2022

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

The eager decision to do something tomorrow, followed by the dread of actually doing it and making excuses for why it's okay to not do it, is painfully real

Yeah I've had this happen though not this extreme. It was super reletable

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kita busting out a Precure attack on the Omurice was great

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Scans go up to volume 3 which is in the middle of a story arc so we don't have enough material for a second season yet but should in a year or two

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Good ending episode can't wait for season 2for the Posion Yami experience

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given the album cover homages and lots of neat music stuff it's clear the author is a big music fan and the anime got that too

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm hoping the manga gets picked up in the US cause of how well the series is doing too

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Upset no Sick Hack ending so I could get a chibi Kikuri av

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Generally I don't mind sponsorship when it makes sense for the show and real life music equipment brands do for Bocchi.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Speaking of Bocchi stuff selling good, the album is #1 on the Billboard Japan download charts https://www.billboard-japan.com/charts/detail?a=dlalbums&year=2023&month=01&day=02

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bocchi wish you were here hits a bit harder given Syd Barret

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah the more recent translated chapters do a good job of rounding out the cast and getting some good Bocchi (and Kita) growth as well.

Really can't wait for the anime to unleash Poison Yami though.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nijika's is very much the force pushing the band forward and thus pushing Bocchi forward in the band. Kita's more pushing Bocchi to be more open and social but can't really do that for the band as she's still very much learning how to play/sing as well

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The staff loves the manga and I think the manga author probably really likes this adaptation so they probably are going to wait for the studio to be free. Plus more manga built up and Poison Yami needs build up time

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The manga is 100% going to get picked up when con season starts going at the latest

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Seeing a mentos/Coke gag in a Manga time Kirara comic in 2023 is super funny

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kita somehow being both the Pete Best and Ringo of Kessoku Band is amusing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

To be fait doing color gradients is probably 1000% easier with digital coloring than painting cells even if you were on a movie budget

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

nijika's sister and hiroi have such insane exes energy, is my read on the lesbian content in this series

They definitely dated post high school (and I wouldn't be shocked if at some point they were in a band together too)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Doesn't even need to be a pro gamer to get that Cosplay girlfriend

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kita's the best of the lot there by a country mile

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The crazy part is a lot of the Boochi staff is also the My Dress up Darling staff so they're going to be tied up for awhile

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also the argument that Bocchi isn't gay cause some other series was just bait is also an argument I've seen people use for Suletta/Miorine and Chisato/Takina and it's annoying there and definitely used to mask homophobia

Edit: Maybe I'm being a bit to harsh cause some of them probably are more fans from the tumblr era that just the negative in everything and really don't engage with media

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 11, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Also for other Manga time manga , although they did it off screen, New Game ended with Ko and Rin married

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bocchi feels like she'd be deep into Prog like Pink Floyd, Yes or even King Crimson