Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I'd uhh, find something to run on a pc like Discord or whatever, or mastodonny.
if you mainly use a pc.
E: Pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

already have discord and already ruled mastodon out, Hive Social seems like the sort of thing I am looking for in theory, but I'll be damned if I'm going to put this much work into posting on it

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

there will always be the forusm

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

always it calls me back

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

what about spacehey. Why not

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

Hive seems to be gaining a lot of traction. At least with video game companies & personalities.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Hiven't heard of it

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
it's just the comments section for Hive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FcDXL5Aw0o

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

The number one response I have gotten talking to non twitter people about Mastodon is "you mean the metal band?"

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

The number one response I have gotten talking to non twitter people about Mastodon is "you mean the metal band?"

it's called masterbatedone

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

eravulgaris posted:

Hive seems to be gaining a lot of traction. At least with video game companies & personalities.

I have decided Hive is the new weird Twitter platform

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

How we doin’ without Twitter, folks?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

i'm having a nice cocktail and about to watch some Frasier and then head to bed, how bout yourself

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Did anybody else actually text message to Twitter on their flip phones when it started out?

I felt like I was the only one. Pre-smartphone Twitter is so wild!

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Did anybody else actually text message to Twitter on their flip phones when it started out?

I felt like I was the only one. Pre-smartphone Twitter is so wild!

I did! But nobody I knew used it and I don't think I had unlimited text messages yet so it was just an empty novelty a few times before I ignored it for years

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

big black turnout posted:

I did! But nobody I knew used it and I don't think I had unlimited text messages yet so it was just an empty novelty a few times before I ignored it for years

I have never lowered myself to having a Twitter account, but I did used to text searches to Google. That was a neat feature that nobody knew existed and was quietly killed in like 2011 or so.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I have never lowered myself to having a Twitter account, but I did used to text searches to Google. That was a neat feature that nobody knew existed and was quietly killed in like 2011 or so.

My favorite obscure Google thing is that I used to call 800-GOOG-411 to get local business hours when I was out of the house

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i used to call 1-800-I-FEEL-OK

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

big black turnout posted:

My favorite obscure Google thing is that I used to call 800-GOOG-411 to get local business hours when I was out of the house

Fun fact they used all the voice data from that to train the first iterations of the google voice recognition. It worked pretty well for getting a wild corpus of different accented speech, albeit through poor cellphone audio compression.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Lowtax might have been a broken brained fool but his "The internet makes you stupid" catchphrase was on the loving money. I'm seriously starting to wonder if the cost/benefit of the whole loving internet was worth it.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I deactivated my twitter account today and it was weird because I hate social media and it was the only one that wasn’t a total cesspool.

Months ago I would have happily opened it up just to say something like “if grand means big why do we call them grandkids” and never look
back. Now that it’s Musks personal chat service there is an absolutely disgusting feeling that he would respond.

There should be an app that acts like how I used Twitter - it just lets you write something, says you can use at max 9 more letters or whatever, and then it goes away. I can respond to an Applebees ad with that’s what she said and it’s fine.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
That's what I do here. But then I hit "preview post" to see it, then delete it without actually posting it.

e: oh no, this one made it through!

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
i had a pretty good time on twitter today with my friends :)

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Wifi Toilet posted:

That's what I do here. But then I hit "preview post" to see it, then delete it without actually posting it.

e: oh no, this one made it through!

❤️ 1 🪱 171

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

just shitpost on a discord with your irl friends

or shitpost on a discord with your online friends

or shitpost on this website with the furries you were wrong about and have apologized to

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Well now it feels like an apology will come off as fake. I don’t have any real friends and all of my internet friends were lost during the Heaven’s Gate mass suicide so I do want to make ammends (sic) so I can post here. I’m sorry if you are a furry and I made you feel bad.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

SLOSifl posted:

I deactivated my twitter account today and it was weird because I hate social media and it was the only one that wasn’t a total cesspool.

Months ago I would have happily opened it up just to say something like “if grand means big why do we call them grandkids” and never look
back. Now that it’s Musks personal chat service there is an absolutely disgusting feeling that he would respond.

There should be an app that acts like how I used Twitter - it just lets you write something, says you can use at max 9 more letters or whatever, and then it goes away. I can respond to an Applebees ad with that’s what she said and it’s fine.

Hell yeah

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I like twitter for budgie posts.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
OP you spelled refuse wrong in the title.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Funky See Funky Do posted:

OP you spelled refuse wrong in the title.

ive joined the refuse

since i started this thread twitter got so bad that even i couldn't roll around in it anymore

so hi gbs

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

It was the best place to shill my lovely commissions. Good luck now if you aren't paying or botting.
Haven't really bothered making the jump to Mastadon or whatever other alternatives there are.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Grey Cat posted:

It was the best place to shill my lovely commissions. Good luck now if you aren't paying or botting.
Haven't really bothered making the jump to Mastadon or whatever other alternatives there are.

yeah it was good for that once but things dried up over the last couple years. I wouldn't buy a thing off a blue check tho

apparently bluesky is meant to be the twitter replacement but honestly everyone i know of over there is extremely 40, and i already have a place to post with my fellow olds

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

yeah it was good for that once but things dried up over the last couple years. I wouldn't buy a thing off a blue check tho

apparently bluesky is meant to be the twitter replacement but honestly everyone i know of over there is extremely 40, and i already have a place to post with my fellow olds

Almost forgot about bluesky.
I'm just not sure where all the art has migrated to yet, I don't think there's really a consensus. It's annoying feeling like it's all been in limbo this year.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Grey Cat posted:

Almost forgot about bluesky.
I'm just not sure where all the art has migrated to yet, I don't think there's really a consensus. It's annoying feeling like it's all been in limbo this year.

looks like tumblr or insta, with way more patreon promotion than i saw on twitter. sucks because twitter was a really good place to post art especially if you liked chatting with people. the other sites feel like you're putting out a press release or an advert or something

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

looks like tumblr or insta, with way more patreon promotion than i saw on twitter. sucks because twitter was a really good place to post art especially if you liked chatting with people. the other sites feel like you're putting out a press release or an advert or something

See there's the rub, I mostly do NSFW which is pretty limited in where you can advertise that. Pretty sure Instagram you can't, and Tumblr I remember the whole ban on it, don't know where that's at these days.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If you're not monetising an interaction it hasn't really happened.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Transaction, interaction, what's the difference?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Saint Isaias Boner do you ever consider becoming one of those posters whom constantly creates impulsive shitpost threads because it mighjt work out

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Pontificating rear end posted:

Saint Isaias Boner do you ever consider becoming one of those posters whom constantly creates impulsive shitpost threads because it mighjt work out

nah i like to post from the heart and mostly inhabit chat threads or start them if there isn't enough chatting going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

welcome, twitter refugees