Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

elon musk is taking over twitter on friday and it's going to suck so i expect like 2/3rds of twitter to go to the nearest forum that lets them continue to post like poo poo, which is GBS

hi twitter refugees . what did you have for lunch today

hi how are you ♥

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i missed lunch because i was doing poo poo but later on i picked up a vegetable bun from a chinese dumpling place i like, and it nearly made up for it.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

some posting tips for twitter posters:
if you like posting about politics go straight to d&d. bye.
never post in cspam
have fun

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol @ the op and also general thread concept

gotta have a place to put them can't have em loose

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

mikemil828 posted:

Presumedly their next stop would be 4chan rather than here

twitter is home to a large SA diaspora and lots of us are coming home bb

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

weird twitter, but on something awful? a gal can dream

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Cowman posted:

is he seriously taking over twitter? I thought he was desperately trying to back out of the deal because he's a big baby

eh maybe. either way

Peggy Edson posted:

lol and lmao at using twitter in 2022

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

garfield hentai posted:

twitter allows you to post pics of your rear end cheeks/rear end hole/taint/balls/dick head/dick shaft and as such i think this thread should be a Safe Zone for this kind of Content to facilitate acclimatization

granted

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

1) Choose a fandom you are in. Make sure to only choose one fandom; you don't want to be not loyal. Some popular Twitter fandoms consist of popular musicians, YouTubers, TV shows, or celebrities that are well-known and liked by young teenagers.

2) Create a clever username. Make a clever username that will make people want to follow and interact with you. Try to keep numbers and underscores out of your username and try not to use capital letters as it makes your account looks gross. Make sure the username corresponds to your fandom. Some clever usernames can include pretty & meaningful words along with your idol's first name, last name or initials.

3) Write a clever bio. Making your bio appealing will draw in followers. You may think putting all kinds of fancy fonts in your bio will make it look cooler, but it will just make your bio look messy and unprofessional. Avoid fonts at all costs. Go with something simple; an inspirational quote or song lyric is best but don't make your bio too long.

4) Create a matching layout. Make sure your Twitter header and icon match. There are many apps that you can use to create matching layouts like Superimpose & PicsArt for common pixel/8bit layouts. But, if you are not very good at matching layouts, go with a simple single shade of black and white or sepia for both.

5) Tweet in moderation. Don't be inactive, but don't tweet every 2 seconds. Your followers don't want their timelines full of only your tweets. Unless your favorite celebrity is doing a follow or tweet spree, you should only be tweeting up to 50-200 times a day. That may seem like a lot, but when you're really into Twitter, it will get hard to keep within this limit.

6) Interact with your followers. Remember, followers don't matter if they never talk to you. If you have over 10,000 followers, you should at least get anywhere from 10-100 favorites and/or 1-11 retweets minimum on most of your tweets. You do not need to interact with all of your followers, but become good friends with at least a few of them by having close mutuals (people who you follow and they follow you back) and/or being in lots of group chats.

7) Get to know the language and abbreviations commonly used on Twitter.

stan = people or things you idolize
user = username
mutuals = people that you follow and they follow you back
layout = header and icon
ratio = a comparison of your following & follower counts
threads = a collection of tweets you keep as usually your pinned tweet so you can keep your account organized
unf = unfollow
indirect = when someone mentions you without directly @ing you, usually just by saying the person's name
rt = retweet
fav= favorite
timeline= Twitter feed
tl = timeline
dm = direct message.

twitter user panic! at the tesco : they are coming here. they don't have to do any of these things anymore

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

disappointed at the lack of hole posted itt and there's been barely any scolding, tweeps are gonna feel so lost and cold

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Snow Cone Capone posted:

free gapefield hentai

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

SA tutorial: the little blue star or whatever next to a user name means they are a mod which is kind the same as a mod on twitter except no one is paying them

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Seth Pecksniff posted:

If you posted like poo poo it'd be an improvement

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

but seriously stop posting

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

hes boasting about hanging around in the twitter hq building now so he's probably signing the papers for it

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Foo Diddley posted:

don't forget that his trans daughter publically disowned him on her name/gender change form

he's spending 40 billion dollars to be able to post some slurs

could have come here and posted the r word a couple of times, caught a sixer, got mad and bought the forums off Jeffrey for ten times what its worth in like a quarter of the time

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Pontificating rear end posted:

dude.... dude........
never post in d&d

some people do it the important thing is I'll never see it

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

olives black posted:

brave of you to admit this

why, posting in yospos or qcs are perfectly valid choices for the new reg and nothing much to be ashamed of

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

sigher posted:

Someone remind me why the destruction of Twitter is a bad thing?

it'll set off a great poster migration many times larger than the Tumblr one

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

apowe posted:

I was under the impression that ratio referred to a disproportionate number of likes versus retweets and comments, the implication being that if people are replying without also liking, they're presumably arguing against your tweet. It's obviously unreliable, but I think it's still the closest thing to an at-a-glace numerical metric for judging (dis)agreement with tweets.

Similarly, in the time since YouTube hid the dislike counts, I feel like I've seen people repurpose ratio to compare a video's views with its likes, which is even more flawed than the bespoke Twitter system because now the presumption is that everyone actually bothers voting on everything they view.

this is true but the closest thing to a ratio on sa is "gas thread ban op"

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

what's everyone having for breakfast im thinking a donut and coffee (not a cop)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Hammerite posted:

elon is going to buy twitter and then twitter is going to poo poo the bed and everyone is going to leave for some new stupid thing and elon is going to be real mad about it

twitter's already making GBS threads the bed. elon's just gonna be the biggest turd in it

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

elom bought the dump. I look forward to hearing about what the new posters had for lunch

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

wound up having some kind of vegan hotdog bun and a potato latke then drank two martinis and passed out for a bit

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i am looking forward to trump melting one random person's face off per week but otherwise it's probably just accelerating it turning into gen x facebook

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

why post there when you can post on a gen x vbulletin

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Kuato posted:

I’ll come back if my Hetero lifemate A Misanthrope returns as well. We’re a package deal

like to think of misanthrope out there somewhere, roaming the open roads of America's heartland, posting a few times a year when he gets a connection

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

amnesty for the gbs 1 crew tho imo bring them home

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Arrhythmia posted:

7th floor on sib's new thread which will start fun, develop a posting culture leading to it being sidelined, the most vocal and terrible elements of which will end up taking it over before all 5 of them end up being permanently exiled to some other kind of php forum.

Same as it ever was.

no mods no masters

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

im just glad that everyone who's leaving twitter is coming here

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

have you ever seen a Twitter megathread 1/148

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

big black turnout posted:

Also hello Sammy yes you are correct I'm crawling back here because where else am I going to poo poo post with better posters than me

I mean, this is what I'm doing here. the place is home

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

could do with forumid=1 being restored but whatever

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

good to see so many '22 regs have chosen gbs as their new place to tweet

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Foo Diddley posted:

what if elon actually makes twitter better tho

lol

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

*slicks back hair * uh hello welcome to this place as you can see you have to pay money for an avatar here. well enjoy

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Ghaz posted:

what's the best mastodon server to sign up for if twitter goes down

gbs

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

sa doesn't need a mastodon server it has a forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

goatface posted:

Every one of those discords is necessary to distract the people admining it. It's the best way to keep them quiet.

christ imagine if any of them found time to post :shudder: