Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Sophy Wackles posted:

You all have no idea how important blue checks are to people. They view it as a status symbol, a life accomplishment and as a fundamental part of who they are as a person. And I bet a large percentage of them will happily pay to keep it.

Nah this is mostly just what weirdos who get really worked up about the existence of blue checks for some reason think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Also hello Sammy yes you are correct I'm crawling back here because where else am I going to poo poo post with better posters than me

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

roomtone posted:

it's only tangentially related but i was wondering how these social media sites are still seen as valuable since i assumed 80% of people must be using adblockers by now which should zap their revenue but apparently it's only between like 30%-40% and has even dropped a bit in recent years. weird.

I use the app and also it's fun to see the ads you get after you've spent years blocking every conceivable major advertiser

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Is there a betting pool on how long Twitter will survive now Elon took over? Anyone have a head of lettuce on a live cam yet?

Yeah it's in here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000485&pagenumber=163&perpage=40

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Can I buy it for myself I'd rather see the goat man than some of y'all's posts

e: and mine

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Did anybody else actually text message to Twitter on their flip phones when it started out?

I felt like I was the only one. Pre-smartphone Twitter is so wild!

I did! But nobody I knew used it and I don't think I had unlimited text messages yet so it was just an empty novelty a few times before I ignored it for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I have never lowered myself to having a Twitter account, but I did used to text searches to Google. That was a neat feature that nobody knew existed and was quietly killed in like 2011 or so.

My favorite obscure Google thing is that I used to call 800-GOOG-411 to get local business hours when I was out of the house