Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Snow Cone Capone posted:

free garfield hentai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Pontificating rear end posted:

Not to be pedantic, but for clarification, "stan" basically means "stand up for" as a verb, but as a noun the stan it's the idolizer.
Also, ratio is usually used with a negative connotation because posts with a lot of comments usually means the post is poorly received, so people are "ratioing" it.

No, it's from the Eminem song about his fictional stalker who is named Stan. The song is also named Stan

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Counterpoint: the last time he did that hyperloop happened

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Twitter is good for news because all journalists are clout chasers and twitters the best route for the quick dopamine rush. It's also easy to aggregate content from multiple sources and from journalists directly so I don't have to scan a million different papers every day

It's bad for news because unless you do some individual research (lol) off Twitter and curate your feed/make lists garbage tier poo poo gets pushed right along with good stuff. The quickest and hottest takes are rewarded the most grinding nuance and standards further in the dust.

In conclusion a land of contrasts

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

dr_rat posted:

He's gonna totally accidentally fire everyone, then when the last person turns off twitter when they leave, he won't know how to turn it back on again.

This prediction rings of truth

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

To our returning friends

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Happy Landfill posted:

If you're able to be the head of three different companies I'm starting to think those people don't actually do all that much

Don't question your betters, plebe

They work even when they sleep for they are dreaming of new avenues of growth. What do you do when you sleep? DREAM like some kind of SUCKER?

If avarice and pride doesn't drive your every thought, conscious and unconscious, then you clearly just don't WANT RICHES ENOUGH TO DESERVE THEM

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Give me 20 bucks and I'll definitely do it

Seems to be the going rate these days

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Sophy Wackles posted:

You all have no idea how important blue checks are to people. They view it as a status symbol, a life accomplishment and as a fundamental part of who they are as a person. And I bet a large percentage of them will happily pay to keep it.

Twitter needed a new way to plaster "IDIOT MARK" on accounts now that NFT profile pictures are out of fashion*

*lost all their worth in the crypto crash so even the dumbest of asses don't use em anymore :lmao:

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Hardawn posted:

Grandma, grandma.... You were one of the first to deactivate your account right? Rightttt? :smith:

:lol: no the internet wasn't real back then honey. It's not like now

eat your crickets quick or you'll be late for your shift in Farmville

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Why hasn't Twitter's stock price plummeted? Goddamnit, I want to watch it crash like Bitcoin!

It won't - Elon bought it out at over twice the worth to take it private. It won't be publicly traded from now on unless he changes his mind again and why would that happen it would be stu....

So give it a month?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

madmatt112 posted:

what if I sprayed gold paint onto a pile of bear poo poo?

Youd have something twice the value and half the stench

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

sa doesn't need a mastodon server it has a forums